Flight to Seattle canceled - can we board Eurodam in Juneau?

LoraJ

5 minutes ago, DAllenTCY said:

My opinion based upon their announced merger of frequent flyer miles programs and more.

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mileage-plan/how-to-earn-miles/airline-partners/american-airlines

Also, many of the prior American Airlines nonstop flights are now operated by Alaska.  American continues to utilize major hubs instead.  

In San Diego, Alaska has moved to adjacent check-in counters, shares gates, and luggage carousels with American.

Spirit & Frontier, JetBlue & ???.

That is how I see it.

David

They are tightening their alliance, but corporate merger is rather unlikely since American has the worst finances of any of the US majors.  If one were to occur it would most likely be Alaska taking over American as part of a BK reorganization.  American has leveraged is frequent flyer program about as much as they can and are not looking good when it comes to their finances.

Keep in mind that Alaska and American have had a frequent flyer program arrangement for years.  They dissolved that arrangement in 2019, then reinstated it in 2020.  Alaska joined one world in 2021.  

16 minutes ago, DAllenTCY said:

My opinion based upon their announced merger of frequent flyer miles programs and more.

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mileage-plan/how-to-earn-miles/airline-partners/american-airlines

Also, many of the prior American Airlines nonstop flights are now operated by Alaska.  American continues to utilize major hubs instead.  

In San Diego, Alaska has moved to adjacent check-in counters, shares gates, and luggage carousels with American.

Spirit & Frontier, JetBlue & ???.

That is how I see it.

David

That’s not a merger. That’s a partnership. 

Bet me.

As far as other mentions:

United will not forward luggage if not on a United flight

The OP will not be able to sail from Juneau to Seattle.

Maybe I'll get all 3 right, or 2, or 1.  Let's see.

David

Edited by DAllenTCY
  • Haha 1

If they let her get on board it sounds great. 

EWR -SEA vs EWR-JUN = about the same.

Skip long boring sea day and instead have 1.5 more days in JUN. 

Skip the long lines and close quarters boarding the ship in SEA. 

Get new wardrobe because suitcase is still in EWR. 

Hope carry on has important stuff. 

Wish them the best and it might even be worth the PVSA charge. 

sightcrr

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Made it to Juneau. Alaska Airlines did some sort of courtesy request regarding our bags. They will be handled by some sort of cruise line service that will deliver them to the ship. She took our whole itinerary down. Now I finally have a tracking number. Hopefully the bags will reach us at some point before we run out of clothes. 

Meanwhile left this for United on Instagram.

A12FC8D3-2A11-4486-82BA-AAE387FD8BC4.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Haha 7

We made it on board. One bag is on the way to the ship. The other is hopefully arriving before the ship leaves. No one said anything about having to get off in Victoria.  All seems well. They took care of us snd another couple also embarking. 

20220808_125436.jpg

• Like 27
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

@LoraJ, Hallelujah, never believe the naysayers that said it was not possible.

We’re not naysayers. It’s an illegal cruise and will likely come with a fine that HAL will eat. We’re very happy for the OP.  But make no mistake. It violates the PVSA. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cruise Junky said:

We’re not naysayers. It’s an illegal cruise and will likely come with a fine that HAL will eat. We’re very happy for the OP.  But make no mistake. It violates the PVSA. 

It’s cheaper for HAL to eat the fine , than refund cruise fare.

• Like 1

I don't understand the PVSA restrictions and fine comments. If you board in Seattle you have the stop in Victoria to satisfy the foreign port. What difference does it make if you board in Juneau and still have a Victoria stop later in the itinerary? Unless it needs to be embark and debark at the same port. You still are leaving a US port and stopping at a port in another country.

33 minutes ago, Cruise Junky said:

If it was due to a weather cancellation, and not a mere crew scheduling problem from the airlines, then CBP will generally grant a waiver, as this is outside the cruise line's and airline's control.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chengkp75 said:

If it was due to a weather cancellation, and not a mere crew scheduling problem from the airlines, then CBP will generally grant a waiver, as this is outside the cruise line's and airline's control.

It was weather