WHY the big goal to become Pinacle ?? ..

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Speaking of including things we don't need....and since this is a thread about Pinnacles....

Everyone that books the World Cruise gets free drinks, free laundry, free internet (naturally included in the high price we paid).  Ummm...Pinnacles already get that on any ship, any length.  😑

And by the time the cruise ends its fourth leg virtually every passenger on board for all four legs will be Pinnacle (or darned close).😇

• Like 1

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

And by the time the cruise ends its fourth leg virtually every passenger on board for all four legs will be Pinnacle (or darned close).😇

We are stuck in a regular balcony cabin...no choice to upgrade further.  😞   So...points wise for me, I am on for 1st and 4th leg.   62 nights each 62 + 62 equals 124 points.  

Currently on upcoming Wonder in a GS  this October with the residual double points on 4 weeks.  Equals 112...not that much difference.  😉 

3 minutes ago, twangster said:

2 pins on Adventure right now.  Top cruiser 794 points 

Who says there are too many pins? 🤣

Amazing spread on different itineraries and ships.  

Many years ago, we were shocked (and thought it was a joke) on Radiance Alaska when the LA called to tell us we were 2nd top cruiser that week...and were at just under 340 points.  😮 

Wonderful wine and dine for over 2 hours dinner in Chops with the 3rd, top (only Pinnacle on board) and with the LA, beverage manager, and HD.  ☺️

5 hours ago, twangster said:

Anytime you enter the discussion of "it should be included" you force people who have no use for it to pay more so you can get it for "free" (not free).  

4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I think they should charge for the FlowRider 🤣

Stand up only, though. The boogie board occupies the kids.😉

3 hours ago, Husky1987 said:

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

The whiners are going to complain either way..."Fares are too high!!!" or "They're nickel and diming us!!!"

Well, as long as we are on the topic of paying for things we don't use, in addition to charging for stand-up Flowrider, can they also add a surcharge for the Rock Climbing Wall, basketball courts and gym? I have no use for those and it's not fair my cruise fare subsidizes those that choose to use it. 😉. Maybe even afternoon trivia and certain shows such as CATS? 😇

It will greatly enhance my cruise experience. 🙂

🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, island lady said:

Amazing spread on different itineraries and ships.  

Many years ago, we were shocked (and thought it was a joke) on Radiance Alaska when the LA called to tell us we were 2nd top cruiser that week...and were at just under 340 points.  😮 

Wonderful wine and dine for over 2 hours dinner in Chops with the 3rd, top (only Pinnacle on board) and with the LA, beverage manager, and HD.  ☺️

Way back in the days when we sailed on Disney, they always asked who had  the most points at the top tier party, and they usually started at 5 and worked their way up by show of hands. There were a few cruises where our measly 15 points got us top of the group. That wouldn't even get you an invite to the party on Royal.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Well, as long as we are on the topic of paying for things we don't use, in addition to charging for stand-up Flowrider, can they also add a surcharge for the Rock Climbing Wall, basketball courts and gym? I have no use for those and it's not fair my cruise fare subsidizes those that choose to use it. 😉. Maybe even afternoon trivia and certain shows such as CATS? 😇

It will greatly enhance my cruise experience. 🙂

🤣🤣🤣

You are right.  Ironically if they dropped cruise fares but charged for Rock Climbing Wall, Flowrider, Gym, CATS! etc. they would be labeled as nickel and diming.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, twangster said:

You are right.  Ironically if they dropped cruise fares but charged for Rock Climbing Wall, Flowrider, Gym, CATS! etc. they would be labeled as nickel and diming.  

Speaking of Nickel and Diming ... friends just returned from the Oasis.  They bought the  100 photo pkg.  HOWEVER .. surprise surprise ... the photo's that were taken in CHOPS .. were NOT included in the pkg .. they had to pay seperately for those.!!  Why do I feel someone in RCL got a bonus for that brilliant money making idea!!!  

• Haha 1

Just now, SpekiTrout said:

Speaking of Nickel and Diming ... friends just returned from the Oasis.  They bought the  100 photo pkg.  HOWEVER .. surprise surprise ... the photo's that were taken in CHOPS .. were NOT included in the pkg .. they had to pay seperately for those.!!  Why do I feel someone in RCL got a bonus for that brilliant money making idea!!!  

No logic there at all.  SMH.  🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, SpekiTrout said:

That may have started with Abyss and NorthStar photos

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

That may have started with Abyss and NorthStar photos

I WILL check ... such insanity !!!  We'll take our TWO free D+ pics ... (if that's even a D+ 'gift' anymore) and be on our merry ole way!!   I still like our very first professional photo best from our 1988 Song of Norway to Bermuda Cruise anyway.  "Almost" .. kinda sorta .. maybe  looks like us today!

20 minutes ago, twangster said:

No logic there at all.  SMH.  🤷‍♂️

But to 'some' genius ... this WILL make money for RCL !!  Sadly .. it probably does .. and has.  Wonder if they place THE BEST photographers in Chops ...  

I think this is a relatively recent thing in the specialty restaurants?  They take the photos and then come back within an hour with the printed results and ask you to purchase them. When I asked if we could look at them later in the cruise and consider buying, they said no. We chose not to purchase. But I experienced this at multiple specialties in the last few weeks.

Will simply say no thanks to picture-taking in the future at these restaurants. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, SpekiTrout said:

But to 'some' genius ... this WILL make money for RCL !!  Sadly .. it probably does .. and has.  Wonder if they place THE BEST photographers in Chops ...  

Photos at Izumi and iFly are also extra.

• Like 1

On 8/13/2022 at 3:38 PM, vjmatty said:

Just so I understand…..people complained about too much variety because of the changing menu? And what happened with North Star, do they not move it over the sea anymore?

nope non of the Quantum do this unless it is paid for and it is either at sea or in glaciers.

And since the startup, some of the ships only release on a daily basis the free rides.  It is so messed up right now IMHO that it makes for some stress.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SpekiTrout said:

and this is why I think the package makes no sense.   Any ship photography should go against the plan.

these speciality photographers are annoying and I shoo them away.  they should ask upon checkin at the restaurant if you have the package and want a photo.  Otherwise leave folks alone to eat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I think they should charge for the FlowRider 🤣

Stand up only, though. The boogie board occupies the kids.😉

Blasphemy.  Pure blasphemy.

5 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Well, as long as we are on the topic of paying for things… certain shows such as CATS? 😇

I’m good with that.😁

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, brillohead said:

This, this, this!

I don't want to cruise on a "drinks included" line because I don't drink booze much, so I don't get any real value out of an "included" drink package.  Same with shore excursions -- I hate ship-sponsored tours with a passion!

I have no problem paying for internet, because it is something that I want/need.  But I don't want to pay extra for things I won't use. 

This is why I like the Celebrity and Princess models. You can add drinks, Wi-Fi and grats for about $50 a day or choose not to. If you don’t need all three you can add individually to the cruise only fare. This way no one is paying for everyone else’s included items. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

This is why I like the Celebrity and Princess models. You can add drinks, Wi-Fi and grats for about $50 a day or choose not to. If you don’t need all three you can add individually to the cruise only fare. This way no one is paying for everyone else’s included items. 

Didn't take long for Celebrity to back off Always Included and offer No Perks rates.  Kind of validates that not all guests want all inclusive.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, twangster said:

Didn't take long for Celebrity to back off Always Included and offer No Perks rates.  Kind of validates that not all guests want all inclusive.  

Yes, the new way is a much better model.