Something Extraordinary

Captain k

So....Been seeing these 30 second spots about “something extraordinary “ coming soon on the enchanted and discovery.   Who has the inside track on what this may be?  New Show? New beverage package lol?  Your input is welcome!

It is "marketing". J. P. is a marketing guy. It likely means very little and is a ploy to get people "excited!" (a marketer's favorite word).

We used to have annual 3 day meetings in Sacramento. There was always some bozo from marketing with some idiotic plan they were pushing on everybody even though, if they had discussed it with the IT department, they would have been forced to realize their great plan was impossible. They were always "excited!" to tell people about their hair brained schemes. "Excited" is a word that always made those in IT cringe.

I'm sure there must be some fine people who work or have worked in marketing. Sadly, they seem to be hard to find. At work I wasn't allowed to use the term "marketing pukes" and referring to a group of people as "a bunch of clowns" was also frowned upon. I just really hated to hear these folks every January telling us about their fabulous plans without regard to the realities of IT. Wanting something to work and be cool isn't the same as having to make it work.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

It is "marketing". J. P. is a marketing guy. It likely means very little and is a ploy to get people "excited!" (a marketer's favorite word).

We used to have annual 3 day meetings in Sacramento. There was always some bozo from marketing with some idiotic plan they were pushing on everybody even though, if they had discussed it with the IT department, they would have been forced to realize their great plan was impossible. They were always "excited!" to tell people about their hair brained schemes. "Excited" is a word that always made those in IT cringe.

I'm sure there must be some fine people who work or have worked in marketing. Sadly, they seem to be hard to find. At work I wasn't allowed to use the term "marketing pukes" and referring to a group of people as "a bunch of clowns" was also frowned upon. I just really hated to hear these folks every January telling us about their fabulous plans without regard to the realities of IT. Wanting something to work and be cool isn't the same as having to make it work.

Marketing departments are only run-in companies to reinvent the wheel. 😴🤑

3 hours ago, sawasdee said:

Just saw a TV ad for a new series called -The Real Love Boat- a new reality dating show setting sail this fall?? 

It will be on CBS this fall. Filming has already been completed and only was on one ship. Winning couple already announced on another thread here on Cruise Critic.

2 hours ago, caribill said:

It will be on CBS this fall. Filming has already been completed and only was on one ship. Winning couple already announced on another thread here on Cruise Critic.

Filming was completed two weeks ago aboard Regal. Two shows were made. one for the US and the other for Australian TV viewers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, caribill said:

Princess never did put mints on pillows.

Chocolates, yes. Mints, no.

There were 2 types of chocolates passed out.

Square dark chocolates wrapped in blue, and round mint chocolates wrapped in silver.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Captain k said:

So....Been seeing these 30 second spots about “something extraordinary “ coming soon on the enchanted and discovery.   Who has the inside track on what this may be?  New Show? New beverage package lol?  Your input is welcome!

So….

11 hours ago, Thrak said:

...if they had discussed it with the IT department, they would have been forced to realize their great plan was impossible.

As one of those IT guys that had to deal with some of the same stuff as you @Thrak I can readily attest to the truth of your statement!!!

Thankfully...I no longer have to deal with that being retired!

Edited by Rick&Jeannie

11 hours ago, tetleytea said:

I think the exact words my ex-CMO told me were, "When you're in engineering, you can say it the way things are, but when you're in marketing, everything is wonderful."

Ah yes, engineering, where when you ask for the time, they build you a watch.

3 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

There were 2 types of chocolates passed out.

Square dark chocolates wrapped in blue, and round mint chocolates wrapped in silver.

Actually 4 types. The square ones came as milk chocolate and as dark chocolate. There was also a heart shaped one wrapped in red which was milk chocolate.

Yes, there was the round mint one, but not at all like the rectangular one pictured earlier in this thread.

008 4.27.06 Chocolates on each pillow each night P4270201a.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, caribill said:

Yes, there was the round mint one, but not at all like the rectangular one pictured earlier in this thread.

I just grabbed the first pic I could find online, knowing that Ande's Mints aren't what they use, but everyone seems to know what I was referring to.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I have "an Extraordinary Bridge" that I'd like to offer up for pennies on the dollar... (some assembly required, batteries not included.)

Your bridge runs on batteries?   A battery-operated drawbridge--that truly is extraordinary.

16 hours ago, mtnesterz said:

Elsewhere here there has been talk of the 360. This may or may not be a pop-up restaurant within Sabatini's, or have nothing at al to do with, "Something Extraordinary." Just a guess.

I've heard from a staff member that the "360" will be a new dining experience in the space adjacent to the Sabatini's entrance.  My friend would not elaborate any further.

• Like 1

The "something extraordinary" is probably something extraordinary for the profit of the cruise line where they give you less and then charge you more for it and finally tell you that whatever we told you were going to get you really aren't going to get.

DON

• Like 1