excitedofharpenden

3 hours ago, silkismom said:

How about Journey next week?

This week it is

Captain Korona

Hotel Director Tomasz Jadczyk

Cruise Director Stephen Millet

Food & Beverage Manager Mario Kucko

all being well they should all be on the next cruise. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, combine said:

This week it is

Captain Korona

Hotel Director Tomasz Jadczyk

Cruise Director Stephen Millet

Food & Beverage Manager Mario Kucko

all being well they should all be on the next cruise. 

Stephen Millet started as part of the entertainment team, first saw him in 2018.  He was our CD on the Quest in 2020 during our "mystery cruise" that ended due to the world shutting down.  He's very good.

• Like 4

On 9/3/2023 at 7:55 AM, Bloodaxe said:

Tomasz and Mario are long time with Azamara, the others are new to me. 

Kresimir Korona has been with Azamara for ages. He was previously Staff Captain and was promoted. I'm surprised you have never come across him. He's a super guy. 

Phil 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Kresimir Korona has been with Azamara for ages. He was previously Staff Captain and was promoted. I'm surprised you have never come across him. He's a super guy. 

Phil 

Pretty sure I must have, I would remember if I met him, just not great with names these days.

• Haha 1

Just back from the 8/22/23 INCREDIBLE Italy-Intensive cruise onboard Onward.

No time to review if current officer info has been shared, so please forgive it this is a duplicate.

Every last staff member on the ship was present and personable! We had especially great interactions with Capt Carl Smith, F & B mgr Iwan, CD Martin and Asst CD Roy Ryan (and his adorable little girl, Mathilda, & lovely wife). In addition to the highlighted officers, we had most amazing dealings with Allan in Guest Relations (untangling shoreside messes and helping credit canceled ShorEx for refundable OBC). We also had the best butler we’ve ever experienced: Allan and a wonderful stateroom attendant, WiWik.

Of course it helped that our sailing only had 486 guests with staff of near 400 aboard,

Can’t wait until Sycamore partners gets it’s act together by hiring competent folks to untangle the absolutely inexcusable pre-cruise experience. We’d love to make Azamara our cruiseline of choice, but I will not subject myself nor my cruise agent to another round of unacceptable major shoreside  issues anbd communications.

We are currently shopping around. Our next two cruises are booked with Viking (1st time) and an old booking on Celebrity in their Retreat.

Jane 

Celebrating The People of Azamara Onward 22 Aug 2023 page 1.jpeg

Celebrating The People of Azamara Onward 22 Aug 2023 page 3.jpeg

Celebrating The People of Azamara Onward 22 Aug 2023 page 2.jpeg

Edited by JaneStarr
To add comments
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JaneStarr said:

No time to review if current officer info has been shared, so please forgive it this is a duplicate.

Every last staff member on the ship was present and personable! We had especially great interactions with Capt Carl Smith, F & B mgr Iwan, CD Martin and Asst CD Roy Ryan (and his adorable little girl, Mathilda, & lovely wife). In addition to the highlighted officers, we had most amazing dealings with Allan in Guest Relations (untangling shoreside messes and helping credit canceled ShorEx for refundable OBC). We also had the best butler we’ve ever experienced: Allan and a wonderful stateroom attendant, WiWik.

Of course it helped that our sailing only had 486 guests with staff of near 400 aboard,

Can’t wait until Sycamore partners gets it’s act together by hiring competent folks to untangle the absolutely inexcusable pre-cruise experience. We’d love to make Azamara our cruiseline of choice, but I will not subject myself nor my cruise agent to another round of unacceptable major shoreside  issues anbd communications.

We are currently shopping around. Our next two cruises are booked with Viking (1st time) and an old booking on Celebrity in their Retreat.

Jane 

Thank you for this information. Sailing Onward in about 5 weeks now. I'm sure a lot of the crew members will still be onboard. We are Dutch, so is Iwan. We met him last year when he looked for us (and found us). We were the only Dutch guests that week, he loved to speak Dutch again. (we did too). 

It's good to read your cruise was fantastic. We hope for the same experience....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JaneStarr said:

Jane 

Allan is the best butler we have ever had, also!  Agree also about Iwan and CD Martin.  Happy you had a great cruise.

• Like 2

I thought of one other item of interest from our 8/22 Onward sailing. They announced that Activities Manager, Astrid, from Mumbai, India will be leaving to become Asst CD on another ship.  Unfortunately, I don’t recall which ship was mentioned. She hosted an origami class and also performed. We liked her

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thoroughly enjoyed the officers and staff on The Pursuit in June for the Ireland Intensive. Got this candid of some of the senior staff out on the bridge wing from our balcony. We were all out enjoying our sail by of the Cliffs of Moher. 

Fairly new to Azamara, do the Cruise Directors, Captains etc move around a lot?

43C0AF2C-1231-45F0-B2E0-C2332ED69328.jpeg

Edited by DreadPirateRobert

3 hours ago, DreadPirateRobert said:

Fairly new to Azamara, do the Cruise Directors, Captains etc move around a lot?

In the past, when Azamara had 2 and then 3 ships, there were 2 Captains for each ship and they alternated.  I think it was the same for Cruise Directors.

But since they became independent and added the 4th ship there have been reports that they will be moving Captains and CDs around among all the ships.  I haven't heard any explanation of why someone thinks this is a good idea...  It is clear that the atmosphere onboard changes with the Captain; so IMHO it was a better idea to have only two Captains rotating on a ship, so that the crew got used to the two management styles.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, BuddyR said:

Does anyone know who the captain will be on the November 30 Onward sailing?

From a video I watched on one of the Azamara Facebook sites it should be Captain Carl.  Video was taken during the crew parade on White Night.  During his Captain speech he announced who was leaving at the end of that cruise, one being him.  He said he would be back to sail the Onward from Lisbon to the U.S. , that is the one prior to Nov,. 30 cruise.  I was very happy to hear this as we are also on the Nov 30th cruise and very anxious to board and see Captain Carl again!

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/17/2023 at 7:26 AM, norn iron said:

From what I understand he is due back towards the end of October.

Eric is back. Roy Ryan is Assistant Cruise Director, Iwan is onboard currently, but I don’t know when he leaves, Captain is Gianmario Sanguineti, Elisabeth Vogel is Hotel Director. They’re fabulous. Just got home from Croatia Intensive and Islands of the Med. It was a wonderful cruise and I miss them all, and the beautiful Onward. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks – we're drifting again.  Please keep this thread to posts about "what you know" about Senior Officers onboard.

And to avoid cluttering up the thread:  please use the 'thank you' pop-up rather than a separate post.  [We're already nearing the end of page 15 on my view – which includes all the hidden posts...]

I disembarked Journey on Oct 8th

Captain Kresimir Korona

Staff Captain- Andro Milat

Hotel Director - Tomasz Jadczyk

Cruise Director - Darren Lynton

Food & Bev - Mario Kucko

Assistant Cruise Director- Grace O’Donnell-Clancy

We had a great cruise and crew were wonderful. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2