What the heck Royal?! 😄

Hello everyone!

So... I waited very patiently for Royal to swap my cabin from Enchantment to Brilliance. Originally on Enchantment I booked a spacious interior for my family of 5, however, Brilliance does not have this category. So I waited to see what would happen.

Well... I just got our new room assignment,  they put 4 of us in a balcony cabin (nice!) But my 5 year old is on deck 3 by himself. Also, our remaining balance owed is now $7000, instead of the $1000 we actually had left. What....?! 

Will the price adjust itself or should I make a call?

Sounds like complete BS they are doing to you!!    You better make a call ASAP.....they wont even notice til right b4 the cruise & then will deny you boarding!!!!  And they will blame it on you and try to keep your deposits.  Happened to me 10 years ago and I "boycotted" RC for years.   Princess, Holland, Viking have never done me wrong like that!!   What are the ages of the kids?

14 minutes ago, Cruisin Kay D said:

Sounds like complete BS they are doing to you!!    You better make a call ASAP.....they wont even notice til right b4 the cruise & then will deny you boarding!!!!  And they will blame it on you and try to keep your deposits.  Happened to me 10 years ago and I "boycotted" RC for years.   Princess, Holland, Viking have never done me wrong like that!!   What are the ages of the kids?

Its a pain in the butt that's for sure. My kids are 5,6,8. I was hoping to be switched to a spacious Oceanview but that didn't happen,  and I'm definitely not paying $7000 more 😅 I will call them tomorrow

Edited by Sunseeker20

3 minutes ago, Cruisin Kay D said:

Hoping you get a NICE HELPFUL person!!!   

What date is the cruise & for how many nights?  Have you tried to make a dummy booking to see what cabins are available?    Maybe I can look for you.

I did look to see what's open and seems like they do still have connecting rooms left, not sure why they didn't choose to put us in there

It would be nice if they gave you connecting oceanview cabins.  Do you see any of those available? Honestly, connecting cabins are nice -- we used them on Radiance of the Seas as well as Carnival, Holland and Celebrity back when we used to take 4-6 grandchildren with us on cruises!  (Now the 6 are in their 20s.)  It was especially nice to have 2 bathrooms and all that space.  

Since RC chose to change ships, they should honor the Kids Sail Free perk.  They may book you with 1 or 2 kids and your husband with 1 or 2 kids, but how you all occupy the 2 cabins is up to you all!   You probably wont ever have the door betw the cabins closed anyway with their ages.  

I will be eager to read how your call goes and how you are treated!!   Good Luck!

Edited by Cruisin Kay D
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Sunseeker20 said:

Hello everyone!

So... I waited very patiently for Royal to swap my cabin from Enchantment to Brilliance. Originally on Enchantment I booked a spacious interior for my family of 5, however, Brilliance does not have this category. So I waited to see what would happen.

Well... I just got our new room assignment,  they put 4 of us in a balcony cabin (nice!) But my 5 year old is on deck 3 by himself. Also, our remaining balance owed is now $7000, instead of the $1000 we actually had left. What....?! 

The Pricing Adjustments in this situation(Ship Change) normally work out in short period, cant remember length time but happens a lot as CC Members(and myself) have experienced. BUT would Call ASAP with Cabin/5yr old as thats not normal, obviously. Maybe you are getting 2 Cabins for same rate, would be nice if were close to each other. On Enchantment(and Class) 23-25yrs ago we always had issues with limited Cabin options for Family of 5. We'd have one the kids assigned on paper to Grandparents Cabin but really we all were in our OV Cabin. Can relate my kids were 2/4/8 yrs old when we started them Cruising. Since your calling wouldnt hurt get pricing straight right away also...

Edited by ONECRUISER

I am not going to scream by typing in bold but can't stress enough to call ASAP but with plenty of patience.

Ridiculousness of 5 year old in different cabin by himself will actually make most agents wanting to rectify.

You shudnt have to pay a single penny more than what you originally agreed

But be prepared for the following and then continue nudging them for better resolution (remember they are in weak position PR wise for assigning 5 year old alone - an obvious computer glitch) 

1. They can give you two interiors (may not even be connected but nearby)

2. They can give you one outside and one inside across the hallway or very closely

Of course the desired solution is two connected rooms and while inventory exist, they will do it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sunseeker20 said:

Hello everyone!

Are you sure your five year old didn't call up Royal and arranged his own cabin. Those little guys are wanting to be pretty independent at that age.  😁

Like others have said get on the phone with Royal first thing in the morning. Just be sure to make an extra large pot of coffee (or tea) - you might be on the line for quite a while.

Pssst, some Baileys in your coffee this morning might help too! Good Luck!

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

6 hours ago, Sunseeker20 said:

I did look to see what's open and seems like they do still have connecting rooms left, not sure why they didn't choose to put us in there

Call the Crown & Anchor customer service number and not the regular customer service number. And if you can call right when they open to avoid long wait time. I feel like the C&A agents are more seasoned and know what they’re doing much more than the regular agents.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DirtyDawg said:

Are you sure your five year old didn't call up Royal and arranged his own cabin. Those little guys are wanting to be pretty independent at that age.  😁

Don't trust 5 yr olds! Probably book a Soda package and internet too..

• Haha 7

I’d guess the price difference you’re seeing will be adjusted shortly just like they did with lift&shifts. When they first initiated the change, the actual price would be generated and someone would have to come in later and do a manual adjustment.  

• Like 1

Guess this proves this was a computer generated move.........a real person isn't going in and moving reservations like this.......You would think they would still have a human check the changes before releasing them to their customers. Maybe I'm just expecting to much. Other fish in the sea.................

7 hours ago, DirtyDawg said:

Like others have said get on the phone with Royal first thing in the morning. Just be sure to make an extra large pot of coffee (or tea) - you might be on the line for quite a while.

You laugh but if was my Boy at 5 wouldn't have Doubted it. By time was 20 had his own online Business, Moved to Cali into large 4 Bedroom Condo and owned 3 Cars inc a Top of the Line Tesla. Funny thing like most of us did I'd try make my Kids get off Computer and go play with friends. So glad I didn't with him...

7 hours ago, DirtyDawg said:

Love this suggestion! 😀 

21 minutes ago, Sunseeker20 said:

Thanks for all your help and suggestions!! You guys are the best. I'm going to call and see what I can do. I'm pretty easy going, but I don't think my 5 year old wants to be in steerage alone 😅

So what was the outcome. Did it get fixed? 

1 hour ago, ONECRUISER said:

You laugh but if was my Boy at 5 wouldn't have Doubted it. By time was 20 had his own online Business, Moved to Cali into large 4 Bedroom Condo and owned 3 Cars inc a Top of the Line Tesla. Funny thing like most of us did I'd try make my Kids get off Computer and go play with friends. So glad I didn't with him...

Two of my three boys would have also done that. That's how I knew about the possibility. Many of us have wonder kids in the family and that's why many can relate. 😉

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Sunseeker20 said:

Thanks for all your help and suggestions!! You guys are the best. I'm going to call and see what I can do. I'm pretty easy going, but I don't think my 5 year old wants to be in steerage alone 😅

Thats what we're here for... Never know. My only Son at 7 moved into the Basement, loved get away from his Sisters. Me, oldest of 11 having shared Bedrooms with Brothers and Sisters, my Boy didn't realize how good he had it...

1 hour ago, Sunseeker20 said:

52 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

So what was the outcome. Did it get fixed? 

You asked her 11 minutes after she posted she was going to call. If she was able to get it fixed in that short of time then it would be a record time for Royal.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

You asked her 11 minutes after she posted she was going to call. If she was able to get it fixed in that short of time then it would be a record time for Royal.

I knew but thanks. I thought I'd post then and ask rather than as you seem to suggest trying to time it so I asked her just at exact right time to suit posters. Why should I have to remember to ask later? I saw she has just posted. I was walking out the door but home now. But thanks for noticing lol. For sure the OP might come back with a update with more posts. 

... though I was rooting for the 5 year old alone in a cabin. 

***UPDATE***

I was on the phone with Resolutions for 2 hours. They couldn't find a solution for me that didn't involve paying at least $4000 extra than I had already paid. I said that was a bit unfair seeing as Royal switched ships on us and was supposed to find us a new cabin for the same rate. So in the end I had to cancel and I'm super bummed because it was going to be my kids first cruise 😭 I'm going to keep looking for something that works for us. Thanks so much for your help and support, you are all very sweet!

• Thanks 4

42 minutes ago, Sunseeker20 said:

***UPDATE***

I was on the phone with Resolutions for 2 hours. They couldn't find a solution for me that didn't involve paying at least $4000 extra than I had already paid. I said that was a bit unfair seeing as Royal switched ships on us and was supposed to find us a new cabin for the same rate. So in the end I had to cancel and I'm super bummed because it was going to be my kids first cruise 😭 I'm going to keep looking for something that works for us. Thanks so much for your help and support, you are all very sweet!

Next time try to use a travel agent.  Most of them are free of charge and can always help resolve this issue a little easier for you.

• Like 2