"Are We Mad?" - a not quite live review of our Alaskan, Transpacific, Comedy, and Papua New Guinea cruises

20 hours ago, Elorac123 said:

I am ashamed to say that I didn’t even think about extra cover but then I hadn’t thought I would be going in a helicopter ride.

Cheers Carole

Its not the helicopter ride I don't think, it's the snow and ice causing the problem. Im going to phone insurance tomorrow to double check as its talking about the skiing stuff. Maybe they wont mind 30 mins on ice lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cbtours said:

Its not the helicopter ride I don't think, it's the snow and ice causing the problem. Im going to phone insurance tomorrow to double check as its talking about the skiing stuff. Maybe they wont mind 30 mins on ice lol

I think its likely the extra insurance cover is for snow sports - skiing and snowboarding etc. I doubt that you will need just for landing on ice, but it a good idea to check. Enjoy.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I think its likely the extra insurance cover is for snow sports - skiing and snowboarding etc. I doubt that you will need just for landing on ice, but it a good idea to check. Enjoy.

I’ll be checking tomorrow, cos having psyched myself up to do it, I’ll be so disappointed myself 🥰

28 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

There was an exclusion around helicopter tours at one stage, following a few incidents 10 or 12 or so years ago. Until the local operators went through a certification program, the cruise lines even stopped offering them as a shore excursion. I would think they have move on, but the fine print will decide that.

• Like 1

Sparky, thanks for your wonderful trip reports so far. You make me laugh!

I'm booked on a PNG cruise in November, and I would appreciate it if you could give me some up to date information from your PNG cruise now:

• There's a company called Crown Currency in Brisbane and they said they would have a pop up currency exchange at the Brisbane cruise terminal, so passengers can get some PNG Kina notes. Can you confirm if they were there?
  • In Alotau, is it true that you can only go to the 'cultural festival' (dance and music show) if you book the shuttle bus through the cruise line?
  • In Rabaul, can you visit the Vulcanology Observatory independently, or do you have to go on a group tour?                            Hope your fourth cruise is going well.
  • Like 1

On 10/2/2022 at 5:49 PM, Aus Traveller said:

If I was the insurance underwriter, I'd charge a premium for just landing on ice.  ? broken leg for the inexperienced.  

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Cbtours said:

He’s probably working like mad to save for next holiday 🥳🥳🥳

But they are Salvos, without being rude, I doubt they get paid a lot. But then they might. Dinks and all that.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

But they are Salvos, without being rude, I doubt they get paid a lot. But then they might. Dinks and all that.

It’s true, working in/for a church or para church organisation is generally “award” wages. However there is a huge other dimension that kicks into operation in our experience! 
I’m sure sparky would testify the same! Anytime you want to hear some exciting “stories” let me know 😂🥰

5 hours ago, Cbtours said:

It’s true, working in/for a church or para church organisation is generally “award” wages. However there is a huge other dimension that kicks into operation in our experience! 
I’m sure sparky would testify the same! Anytime you want to hear some exciting “stories” let me know 😂🥰

I am all ears, lol.

• 2 months later...

After something of an hiatus, I’m back on CC. 

As I predicted,  I ran out of steam with my almost live review. 🤦‍♂️
If anyone is interested, I'll have a go at reporting on the rest of the trip. 

Meanwhile, it’s 41 days until our next cruise! 😁

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Sparky74 said:

Welcome back and happy new year 🥰

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sparky74 said:

Awesome.

You have 40 days to fill us in on the last batch of cruises. 😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Sparky74 said:

Yes please.  An abbreviated review would be fine to finish off your interesting travels.