Princess Plus Email

Texascruiser2008

Hi there, we have an upcoming cruise to Hawaii on the Crown next month and when we purchased our tickets we got the Princess Plus package at the same time. I received an email from Princess this week asking if I wanted to upgrade to Princess Plus for $50 day or Premier for $75 a day, this is about half of what we paid for it. I called today and after an hour on hold was told too bad nothing they can do. I asked if I could cancel the Plus and repurchase and she said no as I would have to cancel my entire cruise and since its sold out that would be a mistake, Anyone else have any luck getting any adjustments for this type of thing. This is our first Princess cruise so lesson learned never to buy at the start again. Thanks  🙃

45 minutes ago, Texascruiser2008 said:

Hi there, we have an upcoming cruise to Hawaii on the Crown next month and when we purchased our tickets we got the Princess Plus package at the same time. I received an email from Princess this week asking if I wanted to upgrade to Princess Plus for $50 day or Premier for $75 a day, this is about half of what we paid for it. I called today and after an hour on hold was told too bad nothing they can do. I asked if I could cancel the Plus and repurchase and she said no as I would have to cancel my entire cruise and since its sold out that would be a mistake, Anyone else have any luck getting any adjustments for this type of thing. This is our first Princess cruise so lesson learned never to buy at the start again. Thanks  🙃

Did you book late or something? Did you immediatley have to pay in full, meaning you were after final payment? The highlighted prices are the "normal" prices you would pay at any time booking a cruise. After final payment (90 days prior), they sometimes increase these prices for the packages. All that being said....the highlighted prices are the U.S. prices. Assuming, B.C. is British Columbia, would you have booked in Canadian pricing?

• Like 2

Just to point this out...we *always* book "Princes Plus".  I very often get these "upgrade" emails even though I'm already booked at that rate.  Even on the website, if you log into your booking on various pages you will see an "upgrade" message that is worded in a very confusing manner.  It sounds as if your booked "Princess Plus" rate has been "lost".  They need to do a better job of targeting their emails and whether or not to show this message on the website.  It's all simple data mining or web programming!

• Like 2

Did Princess verify you didn’t have plus?   I got a similar email and went into cruise personalizer and my plus items were listed.   Also checked my confirmation email when I booked and it showed the plus benefits.   I had the same concern you did.   Hope it is there and the person you spoke to was wrong!  🙏 

• Like 1

Have received emails for adding/upgrading to Princess Plus and Premier.   I have Princess Plus on most of my future bookings.  When I go to add it to a booking that already has Princess Plus it indicates I have already purchased.   This is an attempt to have guests upgrade.

0E0BEF80-91B9-49DF-87CE-FE7349A667A4.thumb.png.139e59fd358de3b5db52626a814fdb1e.png

We received that email 2 days ago for our April 2023 Round Australia cruise on which we have had Princess Plus since we booked the cruise.  My heart stopped for a minute or two.  After checking my confirmation and my travel summary and getting the same result as kiwimum when I tested ordering Plus I relaxed and decided that Princess thought it was easier to send out a blanket email rather than doing a rudimentary identification of who didn't have a Plus or Premier package.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Just to point this out...we *always* book "Princes Plus".  I very often get these "upgrade" emails even though I'm already booked at that rate.  Even on the website, if you log into your booking on various pages you will see an "upgrade" message that is worded in a very confusing manner.  It sounds as if your booked "Princess Plus" rate has been "lost".  They need to do a better job of targeting their emails and whether or not to show this message on the website.  It's all simple data mining or web programming!

I always book it also (Princess Plus) but have received 2 emails this past week to upgrade to Princess Plus or Premier.

When I login, it says I already have Princess Plus.

It is Princess doing crappy marketing. They should just send an email out "upgrade to Princess Premier" for those who have plus.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Coral said:

I always book it also (Princess Plus) but have received 2 emails this past week to upgrade to Princess Plus or Premier.

It is Princess doing crappy marketing. They should just send an email out "upgrade to Princess Premier" for those who have plus.

Yes, they should do better.  And all this sort of thing does is generate even more unnecessary phone calls to Princess, clogging up the lines with extra inquiries.  You just know folks are going to call in about this that don't come here to get something clarified.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Coral said:

This was verified as a mistake by my CVP online … it was only supposed to go out to those that hadn’t booked the Plus or Premier packages.  I guess Princess had received a lot of calls about it.  

To the OP, since you already booked the Plus Package, just ignore the email.  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Texascruiser2008 said:

This is the standard upcharge for both "plans." You shouldn't have paid more than $50 per day (per person) for Plus. If you did, I would talk to someone about it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

I’m surprised that your original purchase price for Plus came out to be more than $50 per person per day more than the basic fare. I have never priced out a cruise where that has been true. 

As dreaminofcruisin mentioned, the price can vary after the final payment date. On my cruise last month, it was going to be $56.25 per day for me to add Plus. I decided it was not worth it for 16 days and I turned out to be right. I spent around $80 for alcoholic drinks. I managed with my minibar (all the alcohols traded for beers), two bottles of wine, and free drinks whenever they were serving them: champagne waterfall, Captain's Circle party, and martini demo.

I've seen Plus cost as much as $125 per day. It would be less expensive to book the beverage package separately if you wanted it and then buy the internet and pay the gratuities.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, capriccio said:

Princess thought it was easier to send out a blanket email rather than doing a rudimentary identification of who didn't have a Plus or Premier package.

we are sailing in 70 days, we don't have Princess Plus, yet we haven't received a single email about upgrading - either cabins or Princess Plus... I am starting to suspect something is afoot. We booked directly with Princess, but used their TA for the first time.

4 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

we are sailing in 70 days, we don't have Princess Plus, yet we haven't received a single email about upgrading - either cabins or Princess Plus... I am starting to suspect something is afoot. We booked directly with Princess, but used their TA for the first time.

Check in the Personalizer and see if you "Allow emails" is turned off. Ours was turned off sometime between last week and a month or so ago.....and I didn't do it.....

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, geoherb said:

As dreaminofcruisin mentioned, the price can vary after the final payment date. On my cruise last month, it was going to be $56.25 per day for me to add Plus. I decided it was not worth it for 16 days and I turned out to be right. I spent around $80 for alcoholic drinks. I managed with my minibar (all the alcohols traded for beers), two bottles of wine, and free drinks whenever they were serving them: champagne waterfall, Captain's Circle party, and martini demo.

I've seen Plus cost as much as $125 per day. It would be less expensive to book the beverage package separately if you wanted it and then buy the internet and pay the gratuities.

IDK about recent/current offers, but a while back Princess was cutting the Standard fares like a Drop 'n' Go sort of situation, but left the Plus option (this was prior to Premier intro) pretty much as it was.  This made the cost for Plus much more than $40 (the up-charge at the time). 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, geoherb said:

That is so odd.  Everyone can do the math that you just did and reach the same conclusion.  Why would they expect anyone to pay more for Plus when the component parts are less expensive?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

That is so odd.  Everyone can do the math that you just did and reach the same conclusion.  Why would they expect anyone to pay more for Plus when the component parts are less expensive?

sailing solo with drop and go pricing ... 

better to book base, then call the amazing TA's and have them add PLUS

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

Check in the Personalizer and see if you "Allow emails" is turned off. Ours was turned off sometime between last week and a month or so ago.....and I didn't do it.....

is it under "My preferences?" on the app? I've put a check mark by email just now. 

Also put a check mark in the profile on princess.com. Just in case. 🙂

45 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

is it under "My preferences?" on the app? I've put a check mark by email just now. 

Also put a check mark in the profile on princess.com. Just in case. 🙂

I found it in Princess.com:

My Account

Profile Information

Receive Offers and News

Phone:  Yes       Email:  Yes   Mail:  Yes

• Like 1

We also received the email and we have have three cruises booked - all with the "Plus" package.  The email was referencing a cruise over Christmas that we were able to get an extremely great price for - so when I got this email I got concerned that maybe the price was so good because it didn't really include the "Plus" package - but I confirmed it did.  Good work Princess......

• Like 2

Yes, very poor marketing practice.  I did the same as most of you.  Already booked Plus for our upcoming cruise then received this email.  The email specifically identified our booking number.  You would think that their marketing department algorithm would know what is in your cruise.    

• Like 3

On 9/16/2022 at 10:52 AM, dreaminofcruisin said:

just to let you know - it worked like a charm and I received the bid offers and even made one, since it was reasonable. I don't think it'll be accepted, because they don't have this type of a cabin available anymore, so why do they even offer it... 🙂

• Like 1