Do they still give out meclazine (bonine) at Guest Relations?

Alakegirl

I still don't understand why the OP can't buy it relatively inexpensively over the counter at any drug store, supermarket, etc. You can also get a generic type which is even less expensive (CVS, Walgreens, etc).  For it to really work well, you need to take a dose BEFORE you board the ship (ideally that morning) and then continue while you're on the ship.  If you start taking it once you are sea sick, its not nearly as effective.

20 minutes ago, baggal said:

I still don't understand why the OP can't buy it relatively inexpensively over the counter at any drug store, supermarket, etc. You can also get a generic type which is even less expensive (CVS, Walgreens, etc).  For it to really work well, you need to take a dose BEFORE you board the ship (ideally that morning) and then continue while you're on the ship.  If you start taking it once you are sea sick, its not nearly as effective.

It's not available over-the-counter everywhere (outside the U.S.).  U.S. passengers should plan to take it with them, IMO.  As you say, you really need it in your system before you get sick. 

1 hour ago, baggal said:

If I'm not mistaken our Canadian Neighbor are unable to purchase it in Canada,   They no longer sell it by any brand name. 

50 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

If I'm not mistaken our Canadian Neighbor are unable to purchase it in Canada,   They no longer sell it by any brand name. 

They can get Gravol.  Its a somewhat close equivalent. 

2 hours ago, baggal said:

Not everyone knows they get seasick.  Or has never experienced seasickness in the past and is suddenly impacted.  OP may be in such a situation now?

50 minutes ago, Salt Lifer said:

Not everyone knows they get seasick.  Or has never experienced seasickness in the past and is suddenly impacted.  OP may be in such a situation now?

I would assume if the OP asked the question Prior to cruising, they May be concerned Prior to cruising. 

My wife brings the wrist bands. I never understood how that works, but it does for her. 

Den

1 hour ago, Salt Lifer said:

Possibly.  But the OP has been on CC since 2017 and has over 2000 posts.  If currently on a ship and experiencing seasickness, it would be easier and faster to go to guest services and ask vs posting here and waiting for answers.

I used to take Bonine starting the day before our cruises and then every evening while getting ready for dinner because they speed the ship up at night to make good time when needed.  That's usually when I 'had issues.  I still take it with me, but haven't have to take it in a number of years.  But there was one cruise that was really bad (crew was putting out barf bags, which is never a good sign) and I even took another one.  I still felt the movement but didn't get sick.

2 hours ago, calicakes said:

They can get Gravol.  Its a somewhat close equivalent. 

Good to hear.   I've never heard of Gravol.  Looked and I like the ingredients and that they are time release.   I'll have to pick some up for my Sister-In-Law who will be sailing with us in April - just in case.   I found they have them on Amazon.

As a kid I was terrible with motion sickness.   After I became a Pilot I never got air sick again.     After cruising for a couple years my body must have gotten used to it and I never get sea sick -- even on the wildest seas. 

When I was bothered in my early days I found that what worked for me was to take a pill the night before (the make me sleepy for sure and I got a great night sleep).   I would then take one in the morning before boarding and found it calmed my inner ear down and I was fine for the rest of the trip.   I still carry them just in case

Dramamine works great. Just buy the non drowsy type or you’ll sleep thru the cruise. Last week on NCL they had it in guest services. Wrist bands work for some people. The patches are great but I believe you need a doctor’s prescription and you are non supposed to drink alcohol while wearing it.. I bring a pharmacy with me. That’s why we can’t travel with carry-ons. One trip I had so much, a doctor we were traveling with said he could do open heart surgery on the sidewalk with what I had.