Masks no longer required for crew members

scubacruiserx2

Agree! 

Praise God and I'm so happy for them.....That had to be rough.....It was bad/miserable enough being a passengers wearing one but watching them have to wear them while waiting on me was horrible.  

I bet they are thrilled!

Edited by FlaMariner
  • Like 5

24 minutes ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

Great news and about time.....hope it goes fleet wide soon

Yes. Captain said entire Fleet as of midnight tonight. They are happy that we will be able to see their smiling faces now. They will be some exceptions, but no longer required, it it up to the "Team Members".

• Like 7

1 hour ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

Yes. Captain said entire Fleet as of midnight tonight. They are happy that we will be able to see their smiling faces now. They will be some exceptions, but no longer required, it it up to the "Team Members".

As it should be - this is great news, and another step towards living like normal again.

Sue/WDW1972

• Like 9

Well I am the exception as we have seen crew members taken off duty due to an infection.

Friends in a group feel they were infected from a dining staff member who was replaced, when asked by the dining replacement they said "he was ill"

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

As of Saturday, October 15 and the start of the 150th Anniversary Cruise on Rotterdam, masks will be mandatory for the first 7 days.

For those of us already wearing masks, not an issue.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, doone said:

Great news for sure.

Currently on Zaandam for Grand Africa that departed 10 Oct.

Mandatory masking for 7 days. Covid test required / prior infection exemption letter required at embarkation.

Covid testing for all ( antigen) done today 14 Oct., for all pax and crew pretty much.

Further masking requirements to be announced on Day 7, or so goes the scuttle-but.

Be well.

Bob

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

rgoldstein86.  Good luck!  We just got off a 30 day cruise and it was packed every where.  People were literally sitting on top of you(theater, trivia, buffet and dining room) Covid got really bad toward the end of the cruise and captain annouced masks were required everywhere on the ship the last 4-5 days. 

If I were the crew I would keep the masks, it is now flu season too. 

On any future cruise, we will mask  because before covid we came home sick from every cruise(over 500+ days at sea).  Since covid, we have not gotten sick, probably because we were masking. (60 days at sea since covid). 

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

On our trip a couple weeks ago one of the two Neptune concierge came down with covid. I did miss her.  My physical therapist just had it, now she is wearing a mask.  There is good and bad to this info.

And it has nothing to do with god.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Holland Can make what ever decisions for their crew members & that is their business   .I can tell you though that this virus is far from dead  as it is appearing on other ships cruise lines now  .How do I know this is because I am proactive on Celebrity & RCL cruises we have   new bookings 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:

Holland Can make what ever decisions for their crew members & that is their business   .I can tell you though that this virus is far from dead  as it is appearing on other ships cruise lines now  .How do I know this is because I am proactive on Celebrity & RCL cruises we have   new bookings 

I don’t think you have to read anything to know that 🙄.  Common sense would tell you that.  It doesn’t just hitch a ride on hal ships.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fred321 said:

Anyone on this year's Voyage of the Vikings has first hand experience re. the effectiveness of masking. Everyone needed to be tested before boarding but that didn't stop the spread of the virus after just a few days. When they ran out of quarantine cabins they began to confine you to your room and put a little red dot on the outside to warn the cabin stewards. Numbers got well above a hundred which finally got the Captain to institute a mask requirement for indoors. That was the only thing that worked even though you still had the geniuses pulling down their masks when the lights went down in the theater. After about a week or so of this masking requirement cases went back down to close to zero. Of course once the mask ban was lifted cases resumed going up. (Quell surprise)

We were lucky and never got infected but we will continue to mask and avoid crowds when we can including show rooms and use the stairs instead of the elevators. Also not interested in jumping on the first jammed tender which is just made to spread anything that's around. Not ready to stop going on longer voyages but we will modify our behavior to avoid those who are too dense to worry about anyone other than themselves.

How did you get the COVID Case counts?  I have asked on my cruises and it was like trying to get the combination to Fort Knox.   The people who knew refused to answer (at least in public)  and they stated it was against policy to tell anyone.   

Edited by The-Inside-Cabin

19 minutes ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

How did you get the COVID Case counts?  I have asked on my cruises and it was like trying to get the combination to Fort Knox.   The people who knew refused to answer (at least in public)  and they stated it was against policy to tell anyone.   

Captain would come on each day at noon and give the number of new cases from the previous day.  Even someone like me can do the simple math. Really think the total of folks quarantined was near 200 at its height. Was starting to get a little creepy walking down the hall each day and noting the additional red dots on the cabin number plaques. One day I did a walk around our deck (Dolphin) and counted 20 cabins with the marks. We were traveling with 2 other couples and they all were quarantined at one point during the 35 day trip. we felt like we dodged a bullet but I will sure be bringing my masks on the Grand World.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Fred321 said:

Captain would come on each day at noon and give the number of new cases from the previous day.  Even someone like me can do the simple math. Really think the total of folks quarantined was near 200 at its height. Was starting to get a little creepy walking down the hall each day and noting the additional red dots on the cabin number plaques. One day I did a walk around our deck (Dolphin) and counted 20 cabins with the marks. We were traveling with 2 other couples and they all were quarantined at one point during the 35 day trip. we felt like we dodged a bullet but I will sure be bringing my masks on the Grand World.

Interesting.   They told us on NS that it was "blah blah blah official policy not to give numbers blah blah.    That was on the NS circle Iceland cruise.    We had to live off of rumors and bar staff scuttlebutt