Live - One Way Voyage(r), Boston to San Juan 10/30

56 minutes ago, jmh2006 said:

Have a safe trip home!  Sorry about the gross hotel rooms.  I have never stayed overnight in San Juan and not sure I want too 😜.

We've stayed there a bunch of times, but always in Condado. Hilton, Marriot and an Embassy Suites. They've always been fine.  We have just visited or Ubered to Old town on port stops or pre-cruise. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Tell me about it!  I really wish we could’ve booked next week too.  If it wasn’t for our youngest turning 30 next week we would have. 

You may have been lucky to not book the extra week. 3600 PAX this week. It's an absolute zoo. After our table was taken by another couple in the MDR last night they tried to take us to two other tables and those also had people unexpectedly sitting at them. We gave up and tried to go to the Windjammer. From 6:30 to 7:30 the Windjammer manager said they did 2400 people. I've never seen anything like it. We left as we could not even walk in the venue. The line was out the doors and around the stations toe to toe.When we went back at 8:30 there were more than 80 tables stacked up with dirty dishes. We cleared and wiped down our own table to have a spot to sit. 

Very similar this morning. It's definitely a very different week and a VERY different crowd. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jmh2006 said:

Have a safe trip home!  Sorry about the gross hotel rooms.  I have never stayed overnight in San Juan and not sure I want too 😜.

San Juan is a great city.  To be honest one of our favorites.  One bad hotel room should really not be your deciding factor on staying there!  As a matter of fact, we will be staying there 2 nights before and 1 night after our Voyager cruise the first week of December.  

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I’d rather not know 🫣

I hear ya!  No matter what caused the stain, the lampshade should never have been left in the room;  it should've been replaced!!!

18 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Diner at Raices was excellent.  I had Skirt Steak, Andy had paella.  Earlier this evening we realized that we met 36 years ago tonight, so we toasted ourselves at dinner. 
9A4A74CE-1AE8-4C46-8225-E741D659B152.thumb.jpeg.2d89400f00e4b8b7f32c08f4ada37d86.jpegE0AB98EB-981B-40DF-9152-766409EF7173.thumb.jpeg.ee7007bc87f61ac82e047c965cbfa053.jpeg

Congratulations on your Anniversary of when the two of you first met!!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We made it home around noon today with no flight delays and with all our luggage.  The Air Tags worked great and confirmed our luggage made it onto the second flight.  We departed SJ at 6 am, first half hour was fine, then I guess we were over that tropical disturbance because it was very, very bumpy for about an hour.  Things smoothed out finally and then we had something of a medical emergency onboard.  An elderly gentleman about 4 rows in front of us passed out.  I didn’t see what happened but I believe he stood up and passed out on the floor.  Someone rang the FA’s who came running and another one made an announcement asking for a Dr or nurse onboard to assist.  The FA’s also had a blood pressure cuff and an oxygen canister ready if needed.  He came to, they assisted him back into his seat and the nurse stayed with him a while and they got an ice pack for the back of his neck.  FA’s checked on him repeatedly and I guess he’s fine because he deplaned on his own in Baltimore.  But boy those FA’s sprung into action when it happened.  Our flight from Baltimore to Providence was uneventful.  
I started jotting down notes to summarize the review so I can do it in a somewhat orderly way.  
I also want to go back and reply to several people who’ve commented.  
Thanks for the anniversary wishes and thoughts for our safe trip home.  
Stay tuned for the final chapter!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We made it home around noon today with no flight delays and with all our luggage.  The Air Tags worked great and confirmed our luggage made it onto the second flight.  We departed SJ at 6 am, first half hour was fine, then I guess we were over that tropical disturbance because it was very, very bumpy for about an hour.  Things smoothed out finally and then we had something of a medical emergency onboard.  An elderly gentleman about 4 rows in front of us passed out.  I didn’t see what happened but I believe he stood up and passed out on the floor.  Someone rang the FA’s who came running and another one made an announcement asking for a Dr or nurse onboard to assist.  The FA’s also had a blood pressure cuff and an oxygen canister ready if needed.  He came to, they assisted him back into his seat and the nurse stayed with him a while and they got an ice pack for the back of his neck.  FA’s checked on him repeatedly and I guess he’s fine because he deplaned on his own in Baltimore.  But boy those FA’s sprung into action when it happened.  Our flight from Baltimore to Providence was uneventful.  
I started jotting down notes to summarize the review so I can do it in a somewhat orderly way.  

Scary stuff.  Good to hear that the FAs were on top of things.  FAs seem to have the kind of job that is very routine most of the time but must be ready to respond at a moment's notice if an emergency happens.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Interestingly on my flight to Baltimore yesterday afternoon, the FA were looking for a glucometer for a passenger. Not sure what happened but they did find one.  

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, bedfordmom said:

BTW, does anyone think that the Apple Blossom desert is identical to Trader Joe's frozen desert of the same name. My husband had it and swears that it is the same dessert.

Oh, good lord don’t tell me I can buy that locally.  I’ll never lose my cruise weight! 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Td6462 said:

You may have been lucky to not book the extra week. 3600 PAX this week. It's an absolute zoo. After our table was taken by another couple in the MDR last night they tried to take us to two other tables and those also had people unexpectedly sitting at them. We gave up and tried to go to the Windjammer. From 6:30 to 7:30 the Windjammer manager said they did 2400 people. I've never seen anything like it. We left as we could not even walk in the venue. The line was out the doors and around the stations toe to toe.When we went back at 8:30 there were more than 80 tables stacked up with dirty dishes. We cleared and wiped down our own table to have a spot to sit. 

Very similar this morning. It's definitely a very different week and a VERY different crowd. 

Wow, that’s really unacceptable, both the MDR and WJ situations.  Not sure if this is accurate but I thought I read they were having a lot of new crew coming aboard in SJ.  That could explain the dining issues, but still not acceptable for guests.  I hope it improves for you!

• Like 1

Glad that you and Andy got home safely and with your luggage in tow!  That had to be scary with the gentleman passing out in the aisle.  Thank goodness he was well enough to walk off the plane unattended.

Welcome home!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Welcome back home.

Thankfully the gentleman came through amazingly.  Sounds like you had @Sea Dog2.0 on the flight with you. 

• Haha 2