Swimsuit coverups

Beachfrog

I got two chiffon type coverups on Celebrity in April fir $10 each. I also have white & black crepy palazzo pants & tunic tops (tge white set does well for ‘white’ night too

2 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

I will be wearing long, gauzy bell-bottom/palazzo pants and a light tunic top.  At our private island I will wear a long-sleeve rashguard, and will probably keep it on all day.  

I've never ever worn or even tried rashguards. I'm curious whether they don't seem awfully hot to wear?

I use a cover up that I have received many compliments on and it looks like a water color print. It zips up the front and is a breathable cotton. Some folks have told me it looks like a dress but it is a cover up. It has pockets too. I got it at Beall's and right now I can't think of the brand. I am on a cruise at the moment and when I get home I can post more about it. I get home tomorrow night. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

I've never ever worn or even tried rashguards. I'm curious whether they don't seem awfully hot to wear?

You might be thinking of neoprene rashguards.  There are also lightweight SPF 50 shirts.  Look at Athleta for their shirts.  I've had a few of them for years.  Then, I bought one down at Ron Jon surf shop in Cocoa Beach.  It's a nice light long sleeve T but with SPF 50.  I wear it all the time at home when I'm outside. 

As far as wearing something to the pool/beach, I've got some paddle shorts to put over my bottoms and then one of my SPF 50 tops.  I'm simple and it's all I need.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Mine are very lightweight, similar in feel to an athletic running shirt.  One of mine is snug, one is a bit looser.  I wore the looser one in the water, and when I came out it felt clammy.  I'll keep it for just being outdoors, and the snug one if I go in the water.

I see a lot of crew members wearing them now; I'm happy that the cruiselines are supplying them. Pool guards, outdoor bar staff, tender crew, etc.  Also lots of children wearing them at pools and beaches.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, slidergirl said:

You might be thinking of neoprene rashguards.  There are also lightweight SPF 50 shirts.  Look at Athleta for their shirts.  I've had a few of them for years.  Then, I bought one down at Ron Jon surf shop in Cocoa Beach.  It's a nice light long sleeve T but with SPF 50.  I wear it all the time at home when I'm outside. 

As far as wearing something to the pool/beach, I've got some paddle shorts to put over my bottoms and then one of my SPF 50 tops.  I'm simple and it's all I need.

This is what I often do, as well.  Lightweight and super easy.  Lands End has some of these lightweight SPF 50 long-sleeved T's, and mine have lasted for several seasons.

Edited by aungrl
typo

Ah Beall's!  I'd fly to Florida just to shop at Beall's ... sometimes the  buyers have 'your taste' and you just love most of their clothes.  I'm a T-shirt-dress girl ... wear it in the morning with coffee on the balcony, after my shower, over a swimsuit, after dinner, taking a nap, drinking wine on the balcony.  I make a hobby out of looking for the most garish  one I can find that's very lightweight.  I love those stores in Florida crammed full of 'beach stuff' ... my current fave is hot pink with something painted on the front that could be a dolphin or a turtle ... it has leopard-print 'wings', so maybe it's a seagull.  It was $5.  

Edited by jsn55
add
  • Like 1

On 11/2/2022 at 7:33 AM, Beachfrog said:

Thank you everyone for your responses! Lois R, I have a Beall’s just around the corner. I would love to see a picture of your coverup! I hope you had a great trip.

Good morning, the brand of my cover up is called Leoma Lovegrove. if you google the name you will find a lot of items..........I can't seem to find a picture of my specific cover up but I have had it for many years so that is probably why.  The colors of the items are vibrant, yet somewhat muted at the same time. My cover up is short sleeves with a zipper up the front. 

Here is a link to give you and idea of the offerings: (and you can go to Beall's website as well)

https://www.google.com/search?q=leoma+lovegrove+clothing&rlz=1C1VDKB_enUS1025US1025&oq=Leom&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0i67j46i67i175i199i433j0i67j0i131i433i512j46i433i512j69i60j69i61.6240j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

I just found her own website too..........here is a link to it:

https://leomalovegrove.store/

After moving to Florida and spending more time at the beach I realized the best coverup for me is a casual dress.  Looks nice for stops on the way home after the beach….a restaurant, bar or grocery store. Also simple to change from wet swimsuit bottoms to dry underwear. And when we are traveling I’m not taking an item that has only one use. 

• Like 8

I have a bunch of Lands End swimsuit cover-ups.  They look like very casual dresses and have pockets, making them ideal for a cruise.  The prices are very reasonable if you wait for the end of the season when things go on clearance.  Most of mine look something like this: 

Lands End.jpeg

• Like 6

On 11/2/2022 at 4:13 AM, cruisemom42 said:

They used to be - and very hard to put on - proper rashguads are designed for surfing and have to fit tight to prevent them being torn off you by the waves. I now have a long sleeved, hooded 99% UV top which  I think was designed for cyclists - its looser than a rash guard - but then I don't surf - so its all good in a pool or most beaches! I was surprised that it didn't feel that hot on - when worn in the tropics. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/4/2022 at 1:22 PM, Mum2Mercury said:

I have a bunch of Lands End swimsuit cover-ups.  They look like very casual dresses and have pockets, making them ideal for a cruise.  The prices are very reasonable if you wait for the end of the season when things go on clearance.  Most of mine look something like this: 

Lands End.jpeg

I wear something similar, although mine fit more loosely and are more like a sundress--kind of A-line.  Sometimes I just wear running shorts and a tee.  

On 11/10/2022 at 2:04 PM, lissie said:

They used to be - and very hard to put on - proper rashguads are designed for surfing and have to fit tight to prevent them being torn off you by the waves. I now have a long sleeved, hooded 99% UV top which  I think was designed for cyclists - its looser than a rash guard - but then I don't surf - so its all good in a pool or most beaches! I was surprised that it didn't feel that hot on - when worn in the tropics. 

I  still have my sleeveless neoprene rash guard from years ago - if I ever get back to snorkeling or bodysurfing in Southern California or Hawaii or Puerto Rico, I'd take it.  Otherwise, it'll always be one of the "new" UV shirts.    I think I even have my old "farmer john" wetsuit (what we called sleeveless full body suits) from when I'd kayak in cold water.  Now, THAT one was miserable to put on!!  New use of baby powder...

• 1 month later...