40% - 70% Rain

The weather for my western Caribbean cruise during Thanksgiving week looks terrible 😭 40% - 70% rain predicted every day at every port stop (through Tuesday Nov 22nd which is as far in advance as I can see right now).

I would convince myself that could mean there's just a possibility of a quick afternoon shower, except that today's Nassau weather shows 70% rain, and it's currently raining right now, with more rain expected in the afternoon. So those 70% rain days aren't looking good.

Has anyone been on a cruise where it rained the whole week? 

• Like 1

Years ago on a 3 day cruise out of Port Miami, it started raining late Friday afternoon and it literally rained the entire cruise (at least when I was awake). That is the only cruise I have been on where I literally never went to an outside area of the ship for 2.5 days. It was still a fun cruise though. They added a few more activities inside like showing movies in the theater and more musicians playing at several bars in the afternoon.  However, not sure if it would have been as fun if we didn’t have the drink package.  🙂

Edited by PhillyFan33579
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, ARandomTraveler said:

The weather for my western Caribbean cruise during Thanksgiving week looks terrible 😭 40% - 70% rain predicted every day at every port stop (through Tuesday Nov 22nd which is as far in advance as I can see right now).

I would convince myself that could mean there's just a possibility of a quick afternoon shower, except that today's Nassau weather shows 70% rain, and it's currently raining right now, with more rain expected in the afternoon. So those 70% rain days aren't looking good.

Has anyone been on a cruise where it rained the whole week? 

Don't believe everything you read on the internet. 40% chance of rain = no rain.

We had a 60% chance of rain every day on our August Western Caribbean cruise. It was sunny every day.

Enjoy!

• Like 2

People misunderstand this part of weather forecasting.  When you see 40-70% rain.   All this means is that there is a 40-70% chance of rain.  It doesn’t mean that it will rain 40-70% of the time.   It could rain 10 minutes or  6 hours.  They are only telling you the chance of rain for that day.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, bucfan2 said:

Rather than 40-70% chance of rain, go with 30-60% chance of no rain if it makes ya feel better. 

LOL! And the 30%-60% + chance the OP won't run into a category 4 hurricane on the cruise either. 🥳

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Haha 1

To answer your question ... yes.  🙂 These were from a December 5-day cruise on the Mariner some years ago:

1807588930_Marinercruise063.thumb.jpg.b462121820d56cf829c5b06ba7d9d7e6.jpg

1005994371_Marinercruise057.thumb.jpg.a529f63f31eea06ccf271040c285fb28.jpg

766905297_Marinercruise064.thumb.jpg.42729cf8f14b783cd5d3c79bae56e43d.jpg

If cruising were once-in-a-lifetime thing for me, I probably would have been pretty disappointed. But the crew made the best of things, and so did we. Not a bad cruise, overall!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MOSusan said:

I always say, "A bad day cruising is better than a good day at work."

I always say; " A good day at work pays for a good day cruising."

and; " A really good day at work pays for lots and lots of good days cruising!" 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I always say a bad day being retired is better than a good day at work. 

Depends how old and healthy.  I think I’d take my 30 year old working self over my hopefully 70- 80 year old future retired self any day of the week.  Cruises were

insanely fun at 30.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, topnole said:

Depends how old and healthy.  I think I’d take my 30 year old working self over my hopefully 70- 80 year old future retired self any day of the week.  Cruises were

insanely fun at 30.  

But as we age don't we gain Wisdom? 🤔 

Frig Wisdom, I want my 30 year old dumb *ss self back! 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DirtyDawg said:

But as we age don't we gain Wisdom? 🤔 

Frig Wisdom, I want my 30 year old dumb *ss self back! 

Someone asked Bernard Shaw what, in his opinion, is the most beautiful thing in this world.

“Youth,” he replied, “is the most beautiful thing in this world—and what a pity that it has to be wasted on children!”

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I do feel for you. We are UK and as we have to fly over and its expensive only tend to cruise the carribean dec-early march. Just a better CHANCE of the weather being good. I know there is no guarantee but its still a good shot. 

I would hate to pay all that money and for it just to rain all the time.