Changes to past guest party

emarismom

Perfect!! Thank you so much for the replies! Maybe it was because it was the inaugural out of Miami. My son was super disappointed even though he had a drink package. He thought it would be terrible if he didn’t get a package on a future cruise!! 

I’ll be on Horizon for NYE and my daughter is really looking forward to it! 

Edited by emarismom

Glass of wine of soda - that's it....you could get another glass of wine if you push it, buy we skipped. Not worth it or the cause.  JST SAYING>
Carnival could do better but they don't have a room big enough unless they take over a restaurant imo.

We're back on Jan 8th and may reconsider.  We were worn out that dya and cleaned up and rested in the room for that hour.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DGNewton said:

Glass of wine of soda - that's it....you could get another glass of wine if you push it, buy we skipped. Not worth it or the cause.  JST SAYING>
Carnival could do better but they don't have a room big enough unless they take over a restaurant imo.

We're back on Jan 8th and may reconsider.  We were worn out that dya and cleaned up and rested in the room for that hour.

on the MG, they also load a free drink on your card. Still cheap, but better than a glass of wine.

On the Mardi Gras the invitation said we could go to any bar or restaurant for a free cocktail of our choice and then there was a free glass of wine at the party. I actually liked it that way because I’m not crazy about the watered down drinks at the past guest party. And many of them aren’t something I’d normally order. So we sipped on the free glass of wine then were able to order a nice drink of our choice for dinner. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

Only on Mardi Gras and Celebration since the theater doesn't allow for servers to be passing drinks.

Biggest, newest ships in the fleet cannot allow for drinks? Sounds like a bad design to me. 

7 hours ago, n6uqqq said:

Biggest, newest ships in the fleet cannot allow for drinks? Sounds like a bad design to me. 

The theaters on the Excel class are traditional theaters with tiered rows of seats, no flat bottom floor or tables to put drinks, no bar in the theater. It's great for shows and sightlines, less so for a cocktail party. 

Honestly, it's hard to think of where they'd put it elsewhere..... Grand Central/Celebration Central would be perfect, but you can't restrict entry to anyone there. I can't think of another lounge on ship that would have the room to host the party. The main restaurant, sure, but that would be awkward seating and i'm not sure they have the AV setup to run the party the way they do it. 

This is why my favorite past guest parties are on the Liquid Lounge ships - The traditional big stage and level surface on the floor, plus the nice big bar at the back of the venue with great seating to see the stage (and serving you any drinks you want). Elite. (Hon mention to Conquest Class when they have the party in the aft lounge/punchliner)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, cruisinqt said:

On the Mardi Gras the invitation said we could go to any bar or restaurant for a free cocktail of our choice and then there was a free glass of wine at the party. 

On recent Calibration cruise, we didn't even get the free cocktail choice after the party.

MG had 1 drink limit Nov 2021 and Nov 2022.  We stopped going to past guest parties when they started to limit the hors doevres served.  Did like the little pulled pork on a bun.

We're non drinkers, so booze amounts/limits didn't affect us.

Anyway, we much prefer the usually smaller Captains Diamond get together, I've had several humorous chats with Captains about Italian grandmothers.

If the Diamond brunch get together is large, on some sailings over a 100 guests, then it can be fun talking cruise histories with other Diamonds (as long as it doesn't turn into a we can top that contest).