ABC islands vs St. Croix/St. Thomas/perfect day itinerary?

I personally love the ABC's.    What does your family like to do?    What time of year are you looking to book?    If going in the winter months, it would be better to go to the ABC's for warmer weather and warmer water temps.    Many beautiful beaches at the ABC's and lots of good snorkeling at Bonaire and Curacao. 

Perfect Day at CocoCay could be very expensive if your children want to do the water park, which they most likely will want to as soon as they see it.    

33 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I personally love the ABC's.    What does your family like to do?    What time of year are you looking to book?    If going in the winter months, it would be better to go to the ABC's for warmer weather and warmer water temps.    Many beautiful beaches at the ABC's and lots of good snorkeling at Bonaire and Curacao. 

Perfect Day at CocoCay could be very expensive if your children want to do the water park, which they most likely will want to as soon as they see it.    

we love to snorkel and we are going in July! 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Midwifelife7 said:

we love to snorkel and we are going in July! 

Be aware, snorkeling is VERY weather dependent.  We have had every snorkeling excursion we’ve ever booked (3 so far) cancelled due to weather.  Beginning to think God is trying to tell me something.  Without that, there is NOTHING to do on Bonaire.

• Like 1

It's not even a contest. The ABCs are some of the prettiest islands in the Caribbean. Bonaire is one of the most popular dive/snorkel locations in the world. All of the diving/snorkeling is accessible from shore. Aruba has gorgeous beaches and decent diving. I have never dived or snorkeled in Curacao so I can't speak for there.

Diving in St. Croix and Tortola are okay but not nearly as good as in Bonaire. Coco Cay offers snorkeling but it's terrible.

Even if you didn't want to snorkel, I would still choose the ABCs. They're just a better place to visit IMHO.

Edited by cruiseguy1016
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

It's not even a contest. The ABCs are some of the prettiest islands in the Caribbean.

I'm not so sure that that is true.  With that many in kids in the age range they are, pretty islands aren't always the first criteria.  I don't know much about Carnivals celebration but ship board entertainment for the kiddo's would be high on my list of things I care about.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, poocher said:

snorkeling is VERY weather dependent.  We have had every snorkeling excursion we’ve ever booked (3 so far) cancelled due to weather.  Without that, there is NOTHING to do on Bonaire.

we don't snorkel in Bonaire at all. But we LUUUUURVE Bonaire - Sorobon beach to be exact. It's a paradise. Our 11 yo loves it as well, and he was 5 when he tried it out first. ABC islands is our absolute favorite itinerary. We've just done it twice - RCI in June and Princess in November.

Sorobon Beach, Lac Bay, Bonaire:

20221125_150828.thumb.jpg.d51d71c00df46db03d323bc318157aeb.jpg

20221125_151156.thumb.jpg.b6a2470a314bb56cb2d3bc4d66c596f8.jpg

But you, @Midwifelife7, will need to remember that your 2 yo will not need a car seat on Cococay. Cococay does not need to be expensive. We don't spend a cent there ever.

You may need to bring something like an Evenflo Tribute or Maestro for the 2 yo to use in taxis in other locations. If the kiddo is small, you could get away with a Cosco Scenera NEXT (rear facing only).

Other than that, I'd pick ABC itinerary hands down.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy
  • Like 1

Snorkeling in Cane Bay near the wall in St. Croix is pretty good.  Buck Island not good.  Snorkeling in Tortola is great especially Norman Island.  ABCs are the best.  And anyone who actually snorkels will tell you that you absolutely do not need to pay for a snorkelling excursion in Bonaire.  And also kids love the donkey sanctuary there.  

If it was just my husband and I, we'd do the ABCs.  If all my kids, I'd pick the one with Coco Cay.  Both St. Croix and Tortola have great beaches.  On Tortola, you can take Speedys ferry to Virgin Gorda if you want or stay on Tortola.  They are both good.  I'd just pick the best one for your money.

• Like 1

Are they different length cruises? ABC from Florida is usually 8 nights with 4 sea days. What time do they depart the third island, sometimes they cut that visit short.

Is Adventure 6 nights or 7? 6 nights with 2 sea days vs. 8 nights with 4 sea days could make a difference for your family. I don't know what features that Carnival ship has for kids.