Premium Dessert Package

Shelly97060

On 12/19/2022 at 8:37 PM, Doug R. said:

Next up! The Premium Food Package?

Hey...don't laugh. There's probably some "fresh out of school MBA marketing kid" who is actually planning this!

Or...John Padgett's nephew.

Edited by Rick&Jeannie
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Hey...don't laugh. There's probably some "fresh out of school MBA marketing kid" who is actually planning this!

Or...John Padgett's nephew.

The Specialty restaurants have that covered now.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, dhdoug said:

I hope that they don’t cut back on food storage capacity for all the extra Insulin they are going to have stock for those Premium desserts. Hopefully they don’t up charge for Supposed premium entertainment.  I better stop before I give them anymore ideas

Even with all this craziness you still gotta love cruising!

They are charging for the seat reservation in theatre for shows .

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, wowzz said:

No they are not. 

There is reserved seating for those with Premier Plus. All other seats are free.

It is part of the increased price for the Premium Plus package.

without that extra cost you do not get a reserved seat.

it is all how you interpret it!

• Like 3

Reserved seating is not free.

They have offered the premium desserts that are part of the Plus packages, for an extra cost now,

could reserved seating be offered next, to those without a package?

I looked at the pictures of some of the extra cost desserts.  I would not want them if they were free.  In fact I might not even want them if they paid me $11 per day.  Those desserts look like something you might have at a birthday party for a 5 year old.  Now if they had a choice of good pies I might feel differently.

DON

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 12/21/2022 at 10:01 AM, donaldsc said:

My 1st thought was that you had to be joking about an $11 per day premium dessert package but you aren't.  Wonder how many of them they sell?

DON

I had the same thought.  I'm thinking the premium desserts might have been created to enhance the Plus and Premier packages.   If so, they needed to have a separate dessert package so as to assign a $ value.  In other words, that Plus package now includes premium desserts valued at $11/day!   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dog said:

could reserved seating be offered next, to those without a package?

I would pay for that in a heartbeat. Don’t need the drinks or the desserts, don’t want the exercise classes,  but I would love to have a reserved seat in the Princess Theater so that I could enjoy a more leisurely dinner, and coffee afterward, and not have to eat fast and then spend 30 to 45 minutes holding a seat awaiting the start of a show. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

I would pay for that in a heartbeat. Don’t need the drinks or the desserts, don’t want the exercise classes,  but I would love to have a reserved seat in the Princess Theater so that I could enjoy a more leisurely dinner, and coffee afterward, and not have to eat fast and then spend 30 to 45 minutes holding a seat awaiting the start of a show. 

Yeah, we often went 30-45 minutes early!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

I always have my Kindle w me on a cruise so I can always kill 30 to 45 minutes reading.  I am not willing to spend all that money just to get a seat at a show.  Just my opinion.

DON

• Like 4

6 hours ago, donaldsc said:

I always have my Kindle w me on a cruise so I can always kill 30 to 45 minutes reading.  I am not willing to spend all that money just to get a seat at a show.  Just my opinion.

DON

See your point too.

As it appears now: we pay a cruise fare

Plus have a choice to pay extra for:

wifi

drinks

club class dining

specialty dining

some room service food

crew appreciation/ gratuities 

transfers

excursions

laundry

upgrades that include:

fitness classes, desserts, theatre reserved seating,

medallion shipping,

spa, retreat/ sanctuary.

possibly more …

This is a Choice, right now.

Edited by dog

On 12/20/2022 at 9:29 AM, Potstech said:

That is exactly what we do.  And it has no effect on our enjoyment of our cruise. Want it to stop then quit paying for them.

There are some people would pay anything without a second glance at the price. 

• Like 2

On 12/23/2022 at 11:06 AM, donaldsc said:

I looked at the pictures of some of the extra cost desserts.  I would not want them if they were free.  In fact I might not even want them if they paid me $11 per day.  Those desserts look like something you might have at a birthday party for a 5 year old.  Now if they had a choice of good pies I might feel differently.

DON

It's hard isn't it, that quest for a good piece of pie? I'm really picky about pie, and I'm also a pie person. Don't really care about cake. But a good piece of pie is really something.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, MissP22 said:

There are some people would pay anything without a second glance at the price. 

5 hours ago, Potstech said:

And that is why they  an charge such rates for items. 

And that is why specialty dining has caught on and allowed Princess to reduce quality in the MDRs.

And that is why upgrade fairy reports are next to zero now since people are in a bidding frenzy to pay for what Princess used to award free.

• Like 3

On 12/20/2022 at 7:14 PM, matadams4u said:

I wish they would still have gelato choices at dinner but now only lunch.

Caribbean Princess had 4 options at lunch & 3 options at dinner. Had it 2× day every day

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Caribbean Princess had 4 options at lunch & 3 options at dinner. Had it 2× day every day

Recent posted menus from other ships only show chocolate and vanilla on the dinner menu, none of the special flavors.

10 minutes ago, caribill said:
25 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Recent posted menus from other ships only show chocolate and vanilla on the dinner menu, none of the special flavors.

I got off Caribbean Princess 12/18/22. So that would be a fast change. I mean I readily accept that my info from last Enchanted Princess is outdated as I got off that 9/17/22 but changes in 1 week?? 

Edited by Ombud
Oops. Disembarked Enchanted Princess 9/17/22 not 9/18/22
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Ombud said:

I got off Caribbean Princess 12/18/22. So that would be a fast change. I mean I readily accept that my info from last Enchanted Princess is outdated as I got off that 9/17/22 but changes in 1 week?? 

Just read the Emerald Princess 12/18/22 -> thread and 3 flavors for each dinner. I'm relieved.  I prefer ice cream & sorbets

• Like 1

3 hours ago, caribill said:

And that is why specialty dining has caught on and allowed Princess to reduce quality in the MDRs.

And that is why upgrade fairy reports are next to zero now since people are in a bidding frenzy to pay for what Princess used to award free.

Well they've certainly eliminated us from their repeate customers. 

$100 for meal for 2 is over the top in our book plus missing out on the DR meal also.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

Just read the Emerald Princess 12/18/22 -> thread and 3 flavors for each dinner. I'm relieved.  I prefer ice cream & sorbets

On my last two cruises we had the same as you.  I go by first- hand experience.  It is all changing, that’s for sure.  I went past gelato place on both cruises several times and saw no one sitting or orders.  Maybe in Carribean it is more desirable.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Well they've certainly eliminated us from their repeate customers. 

$100 for meal for 2 is over the top in our book plus missing out on the DR meal also.

Where do you get the $100 figure from ? CG is now $39 each,  so well short of your $100 figure.