Re Princess Airport Transfers

Sulo

Are we allowed to purchase ship's transfers from Southampton to Heathrow, even though our flight departs the next day. (We're staying in an airport hotel overnight). Or do transfers have to be only for a same day flight?

Thanks in advance.

Please excuse me if I'm hijacking the thread but it relates to transfers. 

I discovered on my last voyage that I can buy transfers a few days before disembarking with OBC. Great use for that extra OBC

• Like 10

21 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Please excuse me if I'm hijacking the thread but it relates to transfers. 

I discovered on my last voyage that I can buy transfers a few days before disembarking with OBC. Great use for that extra OBC

Yes that is what I did also.

Yes - if you want a transfer to Heathrow, you can buy it and they will take you to the airport the day of disembarkation. You can then stay at an airport hotel and leave the next day as you have planned.

• Like 1

Princess tend to offer Airport transfers from the disembarkation port direct to the local airport wherever in the world your cruise finishes,  Southampton for London is sub-divided into Heathrow and Gatwick. In addition they offer excursions to various places such as Salisbury, Windsor, Stonehenge etc. dropping you off at the airport later for evening flights to fill the time in.

Regards John

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

From experience. Princess transfers drop you off at the terminal where the airline is located. Make certain that you book a transfer that arrives at the proper terminal by your hotel. Moving around terminals at Heathrow is not that easy. It is especially more difficult between terminal 5 and other terminals where you have to take public transport. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hi all, 

We booked through a travel agent. Trying to figure out if I can still purchase the Princess transfers. It says it must be done through our travel agent on the website. We are booking airfare through Princess and arriving on the day of embarkation to London. Not my idea, but my travel companions are on a tight budget and don't want to spend the extra night at the hotel. We will be on a non-stop from Chicago to London, arriving at 6:30 AM. Does anyone know what time the shuttles start? Thank you for your help and happy sailing. 

41 minutes ago, canrubu said:

Hi all, 

We booked through a travel agent. Trying to figure out if I can still purchase the Princess transfers. It says it must be done through our travel agent on the website. We are booking airfare through Princess and arriving on the day of embarkation to London. Not my idea, but my travel companions are on a tight budget and don't want to spend the extra night at the hotel. We will be on a non-stop from Chicago to London, arriving at 6:30 AM. Does anyone know what time the shuttles start? Thank you for your help and happy sailing. 

Transfers have always been part of our EZair even without a pre or post hotel. Princess rep meets you at baggage, check your documents it will state this or in some cases a baggage area between terminals.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, latebloomer56 said:

Transfers have always been part of our EZair even without a pre or post hotel. Princess rep meets you at baggage, check your documents it will state this or in some cases a baggage area between terminals.

Thank you, we always arrive the day before and never used transfer. Happy sailing!

27 minutes ago, latebloomer56 said:

But I do not think they would be there at 6:30 am. Also think it is a huge risk to fly in the day of the cruise. Your friends are paying for a cruise and international air fare but don’t want to pop for 1 hotel night ?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, memoak said:

But I do not think they would be there at 6:30 am. Also think it is a huge risk to fly in the day of the cruise. Your friends are paying for a cruise and international air fare but don’t want to pop for 1 hotel night ?

We try not to arrive day of overseas but have arrive pre cruise very early twice and Princess rep was at baggage both times. Put us in a taxi for the hotel, we dropped bags and went out either on a tour or just on our own. Both times it was in Copenhagen, transfer was early the next day for the ship so if they head toward Southampton by 8:00 the wait at the pier could be long. I haven't been to this port for a while but if like Copenhagen there is nothing there for people who arrive before the ship has emptied.

OP & friends could look at a hotel with suite and split the cost. 

6 hours ago, latebloomer56 said:

I believe you still need to order/book/reserve a transfer independent of EZ Air flight.  It is only included if you have a hotel booked. 

Same with disembarkation.  If you use EZ AIr for return, you need to pre-book (Credit Card) or book onboard (OBC) a transfer.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I believe you still need to order/book/reserve a transfer independent of EZ Air flight.  It is only included if you have a hotel booked. 

Same with disembarkation.  If you use EZ AIr for return, you need to pre-book (Credit Card) or book onboard (OBC) a transfer.

That is correct. Some TA, or CVP may add it automatically, but you do need to book and pay for it separately,  unless you have a hotel.package from Princess.

2 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I booked ours last Oct. they didn't have any hotel package at the time so did grab the transfer. I find these easier plus no check in time to get, the transfer has it covered.

I would not wait until onboard to book disembarkation transfer.  After one of our cruises out of Rome I waited until 3 days prior to disembark to try and book only to find there was no space available.

You can always cancel a reservation.

Princess transfers are independent of EZ Air.  EZ Air is a third party consolidation booking company. Princess operates transfers.  You can use the transfer, but they have to be booked and paid for.  

Did you book your Copenhagen hotel through Princess?
I have never heard (not saying it doesn’t happen) of a Precess agent getting you a taxi. I have heard of people who self booked a hotel that Princess uses AND was allowed to get on the Paid transfer, room permitted.

All I am trying to clarify is that transfers have nothing to do with EZ Air.  

9 hours ago, latebloomer56 said:

8 hours ago, latebloomer56 said:

We try not to arrive day of overseas but have arrive pre cruise very early twice and Princess rep was at baggage both times. Put us in a taxi for the hotel, we dropped bags and went out either on a tour or just on our own. Both times it was in Copenhagen, transfer was early the next day for the ship so if they head toward Southampton by 8:00 the wait at the pier could be long. I haven't been to this port for a while but if like Copenhagen there is nothing there for people who arrive before the ship has emptied.

OP & friends could look at a hotel with suite and split the cost. 

27 minutes ago, latebloomer56 said:

I booked ours last Oct. they didn't have any hotel package at the time so did grab the transfer. I find these easier plus no check in time to get, the transfer has it covered.

16 minutes ago, kiwimum said:

I would not wait until onboard to book disembarkation transfer.  After one of our cruises out of Rome I waited until 3 days prior to disembark to try and book only to find there was no space available.

You can always cancel a reservation.

Thanks for the warning.  That’s what I was going to do.  Guess I will contact my TA in the morning.

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Princess transfers are independent of EZ Air.  EZ Air is a third party consolidation booking company. Princess operates transfers.  You can use the transfer, but they have to be booked and paid for.  

Did you book your Copenhagen hotel through Princess?
I have never heard (not saying it doesn’t happen) of a Precess agent getting you a taxi. I have heard of people who self booked a hotel that Princess uses AND was allowed to get on the Paid transfer, room permitted.

All I am trying to clarify is that transfers have nothing to do with EZ Air.  

Yes we try to book everything through Princess. We have also had several taxis with them. San Fran pre cruise with hotel, and twice in Vancouver both to and from the airport, Copenhagen as well. Maybe because we had Princess hotels?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/26/2023 at 7:17 AM, canrubu said:

Hi all, 

The Princess transfer is booked with Princess and they will know the schedule. They will want to know what your arrival terminal is and flight information. Assuming your flight is on time, the earliest you will be able to reach a transfer is about 8:00am. This is a very stressful way to cruise, IMHO. With the investment for the cruise, an overnight hotel is worth the additional investment. Do you and friends have any travel insurance? This would help if the plane is extremely delayed.

I second the motion to arrive the night before.  After a very long and sleepless night, I can't imagine rushing to get on a bus and travel another 2-3 hours to your port.  

You will need to also go through customs and immigrations before you even step out of the airport.  You did not mention what time your plane arrives.  I would reconsider this time line.