Is 24-hour Room Service Still Complimentary for Grand Suite?

Hi, I've been reading up on the Room Service, and there are articles indicating that 24-hour Room Service is complimentary for suite passengers. I can't find it anywhere on RCL website for suite benefits that Room Service is complimentary. We will be staying at a Grand Suite - 1 Bedroom. Can someone confirmed if 24-hr room service is complimentary? Or is it just continental breakfast complimentary and the rest of the times, it's $7.95 for all cabins (incl. suites)?

Thank you.

The entire room service menu is available free of charge (24 hours) for GS's and above. Also you can order from the MDR menu during their hours of service.

Ordering breakfast from the MDR is a favorite of ours as is late night (before 9:00pm) MDR desert to be delivered. Enjoy !!!

Thank you! How do you order from the MDR? Call Room Service (?) and ask for MDR items? I see that the TV or App probably doesn't have this option? Any info would be helpful. First time in suite on RCL.

30 minutes ago, LadyLuck said:

Thank you! How do you order from the MDR? Call Room Service (?) and ask for MDR items? I see that the TV or App probably doesn't have this option? Any info would be helpful. First time in suite on RCL.

You have to call room service.  If they push back on ordering MDR items, be prepared to remind them you're in a suite.

30 minutes ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

You have to call room service.  If they push back on ordering MDR items, be prepared to remind them you're in a suite.

Is there some place to see the room service menu? I couldnt find it in the app or on a paper in my cabin. 

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Is there some place to see the room service menu? I couldnt find it in the app or on a paper in my cabin. 

If you go to the app and look under dining it is in the list of restaurants and there there is a link to the menu.8687759F-3261-4E8C-94A2-3CC916BD5B70.thumb.png.ad2e65b6e927104f4f731fa159bd3182.png

1237CC98-BBAF-4383-B7D3-38B67DB528B5.thumb.png.9f3b327fa1d517f6c1442b4b13cc3cb6.png

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Thanks. I guess I missed it. Didnt realize it would be under restaurants. I'm blind.

I only know because I could not find it either a few cruises back and someone had to show me 🙂

10 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

I’ve been in many suites and never spent $10,000….

Certainly not for an RCCL ship.  We have sailed in four OS on Oasis class and one GS on Marnier; never paid more than $6500.  However, upcoming Rhone river cruise is another story.      

3 hours ago, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

Certainly not for an RCCL ship.  We have sailed in four OS on Oasis class and one GS on Marnier; never paid more than $6500.  However, upcoming Rhone river cruise is another story.      

I assume that is per person not for double occupancy as our Harmony Grand Suite is over $5000 pp. 

16 hours ago, LadyLuck said:

We call the room service line and I start by saying "I'm ordering from the MDR menu"...no problem. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

I assume that is per person not for double occupancy as our Harmony Grand Suite is over $5000 pp. 

Nope for two.  I once got an OS on Oasis for $2800 pp.  My brother got a CLS on the same sailing for $3100 pp, and our most recent OS on Wonder for last Thanksgiving week was $3200 pp.  I would never pay $5000 pp for a GS.   

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, dada2199cc said:

I would for a Christmas/NYE cruise.

I paid $3200 pp for last Thanksgiving week in an OS on Wonder.  Actually, we didn't start out on the Wonder but ended up on her.  That's what advance planning does for you.  We paid about $3500 pp for a Penthouse suite on Oceania for NYE cruise in 2019/2020.  $10k for a GS even for a holiday is way over priced for a RCCL ship.  Not saying they aren't charging that.  I just looked at the Allure for NYE and sure enough a GS is $5500 pp.       

On 1/2/2023 at 9:13 PM, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

Nope for two.  I once got an OS on Oasis for $2800 pp.  My brother got a CLS on the same sailing for $3100 pp, and our most recent OS on Wonder for last Thanksgiving week was $3200 pp.  I would never pay $5000 pp for a GS.   

i don’t think I’ll ever do it again either. it’s an 8 night sailing and cost me the same as a 12 night that we have booked in a Sky Suite on Celebrity and the Celebrity cruise fare includes premium beverages, pre-paid gratuities, $800 OBC, and premium WiFi. 

• Like 2

Just curious.  Has anyone tried ordering room service in a GS or above, at say 3:00 in the morning?  Did it work?

I'm usually in bed, so this isn't an issue for me, but my understanding was that room service was not available at some point late at night.

12 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

i don’t think I’ll ever do it again either. it’s an 8 night sailing and cost me the same as a 12 night that we have booked in a Sky Suite on Celebrity and the Celebrity cruise fare includes premium beverages, pre-paid gratuities, $800 OBC, and premium WiFi. 

We've been splitting our time between both and find suites on Celebrity are generally a better value. As much as I like Royal it's hard to ignore.

4 hours ago, Big_G said:

We've been splitting our time between both and find suites on Celebrity are generally a better value. As much as I like Royal it's hard to ignore.

We also prefer the suite life on Celebrity to Royal.  The included gratuities, WiFi, and Premium Beverage Package go a long way toward a 'worry free' cruise. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cigar King said:

Just curious.  Has anyone tried ordering room service in a GS or above, at say 3:00 in the morning?  Did it work?

I'm usually in bed, so this isn't an issue for me, but my understanding was that room service was not available at some point late at night.

I think it's a limited menu after a specific time, but like you it's a moot point for me

On 1/2/2023 at 9:32 AM, Joebucks said:

It always intrigues me that someone will spend $10,000 on a suite, but wonder if the $100 in room service is included.

On 1/2/2023 at 11:20 AM, HicksRA said:

I’ve been in many suites and never spent $10,000….

My next cruise is $1800 total for OVP suite on Navigator. A $100 still is significant to me.  If I can save it I will

On 1/2/2023 at 3:27 PM, DaKahuna said:

I've got a CLS this coming March on Oasis for $6200 total including tax.