The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday January 5th, 2023

rafinmd

Today is National Bird Day, George Washington Carver Day, and National Keto Day

Begin at once to live, and count each separate day as a separate life. - Seneca

Meal Suggestion for today - Thai Red Curry Noodle Soup
Drink of the Day - Jimmys Best
Wine of the Day - Cakebread Chardonnay Reserve, Carneros, Napa Valley, California
Destination of the Day - Eden, New South Wales, Australia

Eurodam

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas 08:00 - 15:00

Koningsdam

At Sea Destination San Diego, California eta 1-07

Nieuw Amsterdam

Oranjestad Aruba, Netherlands Antilles 08:00 - 19:00

Nieuw Statendam

At Sea Destination Half Moon Cay, Bahamas eta 1-06

Oosterdam

Punta Arenas, Chile Antarctica 10:00 - 22:00

Rotterdam

At Sea Destination Grand Turk Island, Cockburn Town, Turks and Caic eta 1-06

Volendam

Grand Cayman Island, George Town Harbour 08:00 - 17:00

Zaandam

Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida 07:00 - 16:00

Zuiderdam

Falmouth Jamaica 10:00 - 18:00

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

Dunedin, Port Chalmers, New Zealand 08:00 - 18:00

Westerdam

At Sea Destination Airlie Beach, Queensland Australia eta 1-07

Capture1.JPG.0a6151f675046c9876636ed0a85f030e.JPG

Capture2.JPG.d97852bf2d17c1424f59536202a1d940.JPG

Roy posting Rich's content

• Like 28
  • Thanks 13

Thanks for the Fleet update and general info.

It’s National Dr. George Washington Carver Day! Great man. Came up with over 300 uses for the peanut. Found out the hard way after a nite of drinking that peanut butter can not be substituted as shaving cream 😀. Also didn’t Dr. Carver came up with the quote, “Sometimes I feel like a nut, sometimes I don’t.”

Also National Bird Day! Great timing as two eagle eggs are hatching in Florida. You can see it live from Ft Myers, first egg hatched at 8:22 pm last nite. Go to www.dickpritchettrealestate.com to view; over 183,000,000 views !

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Good morning everyone.  Thanks for the daily report.  Hats off to birds and to George Washington Carver.  I’m sure that many will be celebrating keto day this time of year.  Interesting quote.  The meal suggestion sounds nice as do the drink and wine suggestions. I have not been to today’s port.  Prayers for everyone on our prayer list.  Cheers to everyone celebrating happy events today!

• Like 24

Good Thursday morning. I hope my wifi works better than yesterday.  I had a long post wiped out last evening. We are having a great time, our Meet and Greet was nice with about 200 in attendance in the Crow's Nest. It seems almost all showed up, very few unclaimed name tags. Jamaica today at 10am we are staying aboard.  

It was great hearing the answering horn toots with the Zuiderdam and the Volendam when we left port. We will be in port with her in Puerto Limon and Fuerto Amador.  Then we part ways with us going south.  

Big hiccup when we had our in transit day. I kept getting phone calls to see if I was aboard.  Finally I was able to get to the front desk and they  had switched my picture with John's so he was onboard twice according to facial recognition. She laughed when I told her I needed a new photo and saw what they had. All straight, hopefully my accounts and my internet will be back to normal.   Prayers for all on our Care list and the people of Ukraine.  Nancy 

• Like 35
  • Thanks 2

Quick post.  Off to the dentist.

Jimmys Best cocktail:

Ingredients:
2 Parts Jim Beam Black
0.25 Part Cinnamon Syrup
1 Splash Orange Bitters
1 Splash Plum Bitters
1 Orange Twist
Directions:
Blend Jim Beam Black with cinnamon syrup, plum bitters, orange bitters and ice in a separate glass. Fill tumbler with ice cubes and pour all ingredients over it. Garnish with an orange peel or slices of plum and orange.

Screenshot 2023-01-05 at 6.58.09 AM.png

• Like 20
  • Thanks 12

Good morning and thank you for the Fleet and Daily Report.

Another cool, rainy day here.  It certainly does not feel like winter.

A big thank you to Dr. Carver.  I love birds.  I don't know much about keto, I love carbs.

Love the quote.

I'll pass on the meal.

The drink sounds yummy, hope the wine is too.

I've never been to today's port, thanks in advance for pictures and comments.

Prayers for everyone who needs them.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

Have a wonderful day.

Stay safe.

• Like 28

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily fleet report.  Today’s meal suggestion sounds good to me, especially since the temperatures are expected to drop and have some possible icing.  I’ll turn on cat tv today by putting some bird seed into the bird feeder.  I’m sure there will be lots of chirping from the kids.

image.thumb.png.91250378ca9cdde14da7168c83d85707.png

• Like 25
  • Haha 12

Good morning Dailyites from our lovely Rotterdam. 

I hope everyone had a good nights rest. I sat on our balcony til very late reading my book. It was so beautiful. 

Well, I must say the Lido pool area was much quieter than the past 2 weeks. I'm sure the kiddos had a big time on board, but back to normal now and thankful for that. Had to evacuate the pool several times. Once for a little barfer and another "floater"

image.png.1e4d11b35aafcd719e9e41d8a5d578a3.png

Last night dinner in Canelletto was disappointing. The veal liver was so mushy we couldn't eat it. The crew are so accommodating and wanted us to try something else. We went on to our desserts and cappuccinos. No more liver for us.

Try as I might, I could not locate Gerri. I'll check our roll call and see if anyone is meeting up soon. 

Today is a sea day, another wine tasting invite, dressy night, and eating in the MDR.

Lifting prayers as high as they can go for all our Daily-ites and families. 

Roy, please remove Allen and our friends from the care list. The last neighbor finally tested negative although she still feels pretty icky.

Coffee has arrived. I'll catch up later.

In honour of National Bird Day:

image.png.8efe8a2e348bc4ab5d851c0e77d8d083.png

image.png.59f6a816d85ab74e5c4af5d0c08b5713.png

image.png.ec67f12c478882b3f0bee6c4099c0e21.png

• Like 31
  • Haha 6

Thank you for today’s Report & Daily, Rich via Roy! It looks a bit cloudy this morning, but it could be a marine layer that will burn off soon. 

Roy, thank you again for holding down the fort for all of us.  Bindi has had two great days, so I am hoping we have turned the corner. She is enjoying her numerous mini-meals. I would too, if I could pick what I ate. Somehow Greenies just do not appeal. 

No gym today. Not sure if my HIIT class will take place tonight. So I will fill my day with walks, decluttering and perhaps some yard work - if this is just a marine layer that burns off. 

My cousin shared this with me. You crocheters might identify with this. I do not crochet, I drink wine.  

29F89C26-3166-4219-9A50-82B2FCDE0B2F.jpeg.6da56acdeab433fdeb8c0a443d45742a.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Get well & stay well everyone!

Cakebread 2019 Chardonnay Reserve, Carneros, Napa Valley, California

Excellent consumer and critic ratings make this a wine to try. But there are so many wonderful Chardonnays that you can find for less. It is available from several online distributors with prices starting at $60.93.

Winemaker Notes

For every vintage of our Chardonnay Reserve, we select the finest lots from our four Napa Valley estate vineyards in the Carneros region. This quintessential expression of cool-climate Carneros chardonnay offers concentrated flavors of creamy golden apple, ripe peach and baking spice, supported by pitch-perfect acidity.

WW94 Wilfred Wong of Wine.com
The 2019 Cakebread Cellars Reserve Chardonnay is lively, well-textured, and mouthfilling, with an excellent crisp finish. TASTING NOTES: This wine shows aromas and flavors of green apples, dried spices, oaky notes, and minerality. Serve it with grilled lobster in a decadent cream sauce. 
Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 9
  • Haha 5

Good morning friends!  It's down to 44F and clear this morning, a far cry from yesterday's 61, cloudy and stormy.  Today will be sunny with a reasonable high temp of 58.  Thanks Roy @rafinmdfor posting the Daily and Fleet Report and to Rich @richwmnfor creating the content which is a lot of work.  Hope everyone is enjoying their cruises.  A salute to George Washington Carver, birds and keto.  I am one who doesn't care about the latest dieting and nutrition crazes.  Chardonnay is not my favorite especially the oaky ones.  And unfortunately curry is not for me.  Our port today of Eden, NSW, Australia is a brand new one here.  It sounds heavenly but I haven't been there before.  Please post pictures if you have been before.  We'd all love to see it.

Prayers said for all on the Care list this morning, plus extra ones for Ukraine and Damar Hamlin. 🙏 Cheers to our friends on the Celebration list. 🥂

DD tells me she feels like she just put up her December candy cane tree.  She's thinking of a snowy motif for this month but is in no hurry.  Maybe she will wait for February.  Her foot seems to be doing okay considering she's only 3 weeks post op and she has very busy days at school.  She has a new student this semester but he's showing some behavior issues so she's already meeting with his mother this morning.  Another student will be returning to class next week.  His parents pulled him out of school the second week of classes last fall so they could homeschool him, but that doesn't always work out because it's harder than they think.  I know all the teachers here know exactly what I mean.  So back to school he goes.  DD kept his math workbook when he left because she knew this was going to happen.😉  I'd better be praying for strength for her and his other teachers!🙏

• Like 28

Good afternoon.

Thank you Roy for all you do for this thread and to our food and beverage girls who do an amazing job.

We are taking our Christmas decorations down at the moment so I am a bit late.

Great quote.

Nice food and wine today.

We get a varied assortment of birds in our garden which is nice to watch.

I wish everyone a safe and nice day.

Graham.

Screenshot_20230105_122026.jpg

Screenshot_20230105_121958.jpg

• Like 26
  • Thanks 2

Thank you to everyone  posting in the Daily Report!  I finished sorting out my cross stitch supplies and some works in progress that I want to finish this year.  I spent at least 2 hours a day for 6 months working on my dh's Christmas gift, so I didn't work on anything else for the past 6 months. Now I can get back to a couple that are almost finished. 

The rain finally stopped at some point during the night.  When we put the garbage out this morning the patio was almost dry. 

• Like 27

Good morning! Needless to say we slept well last night. Azamara put us up at a rather quaint hotel named Esme.. Will be headed for the rooftop soon for an included breakfast and then meet in the lobby at 1:15 PM for our transfer to the Azamara Onward. Scheduled sail-away is 5:00 PM.

So it’s time to get up and moving and we are hungry after eating airplane snacks all day yesterday.

Thanks for the Reports. I’m sure I’ll have time to catch up on the Daily as we endure that long wait to embark! Is it time yet?

image.jpeg.4765075096f0f516d803a65e3fee2369.jpegimage.jpeg.b71e3da99bf9c79c28b2d495106468c6.jpegimage.jpeg.3267fcf326a03373b68d38570e9b516a.jpegimage.jpeg.4b92621288b02e1b822ba2a12e913a81.jpeg

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 20
  • Haha 19

Good morning, everyone!

I think our rain has finally dried up a bit.  I will get the car washed today!  I had fun spending money yesterday.  When Sue and I bought the dining room table we only bought 6 chairs.  We've decided we want 8.  So, I went to check on the 2 we have on order and to add 2 more onto the order.  We should get the 2 we ordered by the end of this month or possibly next month.  The store people said they had reordered another table set for the store since we bought the floor model.  They also said they'd sell us 2 of the chairs they had coming with it, so we'll get all 4 chairs together.  That will be so nice.  We're supplementing with an assortment of chairs that don't match anything.  Some need a permanent retirement.  

Noodle soups seem to be a favorite and this one could be as well.  I'd like to try it and decide from there.  It is a little high in carbs for me, so not a great choice for Keto Day.  I'll be having some sausage kale soup that I froze before Christmas.  https://www.littlebroken.com/thai-noodle-soup/

800621539_Thairedcurrynoodlesoup1.thumb.jpg.ddf3fbf665f4c61278641aaf58cfd4b8.jpg

This one includes crispy tofu.   https://www.pickuplimes.com/recipe/thai-red-curry-noodle-soup-with-crispy-tofu-175

662831649_Thairedcurrynoodlesoup2.thumb.jpg.8294b633277c7098e27742b6c80c16e9.jpg

Or, for the carnivores, we can add chicken.   https://damndelicious.net/2018/04/18/thai-red-curry-noodle-soup/

1464992222_Thairedcurrynoodlesoup3.thumb.jpg.6062e851b961955f25c3a92e252037a8.jpg

I do like a hot soup on a cold day in winter.  Wishing everyone a wonderful day.   

• Like 24
  • Thanks 12

Good Morning from a cloudy day at the beach

Off to the eye doctor for my shot. It is a week overdue. 
    We went to Eden on this trip, actually ended up overnighting there. Will try my first attempt at posting pictures when I get back from the doctor.

charlene

• Like 25

Good morning. It is dark and gloomy here but the rain has stopped at last. I am taking the car out today with two stops planned.So exciting! I had not realized how stir crazy I could get at home and have missed doing even routine errands.

We have not been to the port but I will salute the days.Curries are not  popular here but soups are.I am making lentil soup tonight for the group.It is a good day  for soup.

@cunnorl,Charlene, I am so glad you are home after your long journey. The cruise sounded great with so much to enjoy.

@aliaschief,  Bruce, you certainly  had a long day yesterday but glad you arrived  safely.Enjoy your cruise!

@dfish, Debbie, I can just picture the family around your table and hope the new chairs arrive soon.It sounds like all of you are enjoying being together  .

Have a great day everyone 

• Like 28

Happy Thursday Morning Dailyites!  Im going ot start with one of the fur babies- Today let me introduce Tazi.,  or the Tasmanian Devil.

image.thumb.jpeg.b5502ab24992d3d8f7a46ca202471f72.jpeg

The painting behind her is of Christmas Cove Maine.  One that I did years ago after visiting my mothers cousins who had a house there.  I haven't seen the painting in years, I bet it's behind that desk.  Will check later. (I am not the best house keeper)

Irving cat has been very needy recently and is currently sitting on my lap.  This makes it hard to type.

I am a bird feeder with more than 8 feeders in the yard.  I love to see the Cardinals, wood peckers, titmouse, and chickadees.  We get bluebirds in on the last week of December every year, but they are shy feeders, and don't stay long.

I was watching Jaime's one pan wonders on Britbox and saw how to incorporate butternut squash into my diet more, so we are having shrimp curry tonight but instead of rice, we will have it with butternut squash.  DH and I both have late shifts tonight, so I will cook while I work, which should make for an interesting work and dinner time.

th?id=OIP.oK--11EfiysTZr7O_VhuHQHaFX&pid=Api&P=0

f5636f4331f9ba860642cc7cb9294ff0.jpg

• Like 23
  • Haha 10

We are now in Jamaica.  A couple of new things for our cruise. Happy hour is now 20% off not buy one second 25%off.  Last night at our table of 8 in the MDR was a couple who are in a Neptune Suite.  They were told they are not serving breakfast in the PG for this trip because of staffing issues though it was open during the NY cruise.  They have a "special section" in the MDR where they can enjoy cold coffee and a 45 minute wait like the rest of us.  We had gotten a NS quote when we booked last February.  I would be really ticked after paying $100k to have a terrific perk taken away.  We eat in the Lido after one try in MDR for breakfast.  Coffee is hot and self serve means hot food. 

Tomorrow is Covid testing and after that I hope the masks can come off. I wore one all through the NYE cruise and am ready to get a break from them.  

I don't know if @lindalerwas on the Daily yesterday but she was signing us in at our Meet and Greet and she said her badly scuffed bags with all her clothes intact made it to her cabin late Tuesday night. So happy for her. Nancy 

• Like 27
  • Thanks 4

31 minutes ago, ottahand7 said:

We are now in Jamaica.  A couple of new things for our cruise. Happy hour is now 20% off not buy one second 25%off.  Last night at our table of 8 in the MDR was a couple who are in a Neptune Suite.  They were told they are not serving breakfast in the PG for this trip because of staffing issues though it was open during the NY cruise.  They have a "special section" in the MDR where they can enjoy cold coffee and a 45 minute wait like the rest of us.  We had gotten a NS quote when we booked last February.  I would be really ticked after paying $100k to have a terrific perk taken away.  We eat in the Lido after one try in MDR for breakfast.  Coffee is hot and self serve means hot food. 

Tomorrow is Covid testing and after that I hope the masks can come off. I wore one all through the NYE cruise and am ready to get a break from them.  

I don't know if @lindalerwas on the Daily yesterday but she was signing us in at our Meet and Greet and she said her badly scuffed bags with all her clothes intact made it to her cabin late Tuesday night. So happy for her. Nancy 

I just finished the survey for Zuiderdam and now we are home (rain, rain and more rain!) I would like to recommend the waiters we had in the MDR on the Zuiderdam and how efficient they were: Jatnika and his assitant Gofar.

For the morning breakfast in the MDR we had either Alberto or Adrian (he actually remembered us from last year's holiday cruise on the Rotterdam). Now, brown sugar was the issue for us--hard to find in the MDR but plentiful upstairs in the Crow's Nest. 

Our very favorite place was Half Moon Cay and on the 12 day (B2B) we visited the island twice.

Happy 2023.....Katie, Dennis and Aunt Viviane from Belgium.

20230102_121337.jpg

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1