The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday January 5th, 2023

rafinmd

Good morning.  It looks like we have another lovely day in store for us today.  

@Crazy For Cats, those cats are beautiful.  They look like Siberians, which is what I was going to purchase a few years ago but my husband and I both had so much business travel that it wouldn’t have been the right thing to do.  I sure could have used the company when lockdown came, though, because my husband was gone for months at a time.  I found out, then, what it was like to be an indoor cat.  😂

@dfish, that last recipe looks really nice.  I may have to re-think my plans for salmon and asparagus this evening.  🤔

@StLouisCruisers, I would have killed my kids if I’d home-schooled them.  Some of us know our limitations.  😂

Finally — in honour of National Bird Day — I give you…..

MY LIFE IN A MEME

CF4F9623-88F4-45B8-8CB2-FF4419D3F9AA.thumb.jpeg.3f1a6b94e38111ab39652a6a8e8ad5fc.jpeg

• Like 18
  • Haha 13

Well, it's Thursday (or Friday Junior as my local news crew calls it) and still warm but with more seasonal weather on the horizon.  I'm not a birder and will pass on the Keto but will celebrate George Washington Carver and the Seneca quote.  I have not been to Eden and will pass on the curry.  My alternative is Salad of Arigula and Frisee, Rack of Lamb, and Strawberry Romanoff as served on MS Prinsendam January 5, 2019.  I had forgotten to photograph the desert but the final panel is a couple of cookies from the Lido Ice Cream station.

dishes05.jpg

I am pleased that Demar Hamlin is improving but will keep him on the care list until he is breathing unaided.

Today’s care list:

Demar Hamlin Buffalo Bills
Pope Benedict laid to rest
RIP Barbara Walters 12/30
Those in path of California storms
HAL Sailer DBIL in final days
Ominous scan for Marshhawk
Cruisin Terri still waiting on furniture movers
From the rotation:
Cruising-along niece awaiting a kidney
Status of St. Louis Sal (7/1) and JAM37 (7/7)

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Zaandam in Everglades

zdam0105.thumb.JPG.f4198774a6c8844f8c12a4493e4c1c53.JPG
2 days for DeeniEncinetas (Koningsdam 1/7 to 1/31)
Bon Voyage Aliaschief (Onward 1/5 to 1/17)
Bon  ger_77 (Rotterdam 1/4 to 1/25)
Cunnorl’s neighbors
crystalspin, Copper10-8,Vict0riann, Kazu, Av8rix, crystalspin, Vict0riann, sailingdutchty (1/31)  (Koningsdam  to 1/7), Damcruiser (Nieuw Statendam  to 1/14), Seasick Sailor (Rotterdam  to 1/25),  indaler and ottahand7(Volendam  to 3/18), and Cat in My Lap, Gail&Marty,richwmn and HorizonChaser1957 (Zuiderdam  to 5/12) at sea

Roy

• Like 25
  • Thanks 11

For the second day I have a sunset photo, both taken almost 1 tear apart from virtually the same place at the onset of a grand voyage.  This was January 5, 2018 after embarking Crystal Serenity in Fort Lauderdale for the prelude to the 2-ship World Cruise:

dusk0105.jpg

Roy

• Like 27
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Overhead Fred said:

Maybe something was posted and I missed it, but does anyone have an update on @Scrapnana?

I saw a mention of her in  @The-Inside-Cabin's blog Tuesday.  Here is what Pete said:

Kathi, aka Scrapnana, had to cancel the world cruise at the last second.  She was going to be one of our tablemates for the cruise.  We stopped by to see her in the Broward County Hospital, where she is undergoing tests but remains in great spirits.  We will miss her very much on this cruise.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 13

12 minutes ago, Overhead Fred said:

Maybe something was posted and I missed it, but does anyone have an update on @Scrapnana?

Pete and Judy...now on the World Cruise....posted this on January 2nd....

"Kathi, aka Scrapnana, had to cancel the world cruise at the last second.  She was going to be one of our tablemates for the cruise.  We stopped by to see her in the Broward County Hospital, where she is undergoing tests but remains in great spirits.  We will miss her very much on this cruise."

• Like 7
  • Thanks 6

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

Good days. Birds are fun, for the most part. A big salute to George Washington Carver. Keto is very popular these days; I try to eat lower carb, even though I love bread and pasta, lol. Interesting quote. The soup looks good. Pass on the drink and wine.

I haven't been to Eden.

It's sunny out, but lower temperatures, inching closer to January normals. Some snow showers the next few days. I think I'll go pick up an order at the mall (done to save shipping costs) and one other errand this afternoon. I took down most of the outside decorations this morning; just need to get the stepladder to take down the garland around the door.

@rafinmd Thank you for starting up the Fleet/Daily today.

@Seasick Sailor Too bad the veal wasn't good. Good news on your friends testing negative finally.

@cat shepard I'm glad Bindi is doing better.

@aliaschief Bon Voyage! Have a wonderful cruise.

@dfish Smart getting more chairs. My dining room set is from my house growing up, but the chairs are getting wobbly. I need to get them reglued and new seat fabric. 

@smitty34877 Yes, exciting to get to go out and about.

@marshhawk Thanks for sharing a picture of Tazi.

@ottahand7 I'm sure the NS people aren't happy with no PG breakfast. Thanks for letting us know @lindaler finally got her luggage.

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast for the Celebration List.

Stay well everyone.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2

Good morning. I am running late this morning simply because I was too darn cold to get out of bed and the dogs were sleeping peacefully. So we are off to a late start. It was 8F when I went out about 8:30... and the dogs were happy with a quick walk with both cooperative. I plan to work at home today on things that need to get done including paying some bills and getting more stuff ready for the thrift store.

Had a shelter BOD meeting last night which went well. The new ED seems to be taking hold. Looks like I can get some down time before my time there is up. Our annual meeting will be May 6 and then.... freedom!! I hopefully am rewarding myself with the Grand Australia cruise in January 2024. My space is reserved.... now my real countdown begins. The dogs will be staying at their favorite spa. A year seems along way off, but I need to get the condo in good order by then.

Susan

• Like 24

A late good morning from sunny, not windy, and currently 56F central Texas.  I got an early start to a busy morning when it was 38F.  DH had a prescription I needed to pick up, and since I had a few things to get at the store, I thought I'd beat the crowds.  I did beat the crowds, but the prescription will not be ready until this afternoon.  Evidently, the notice it was ready that he got yesterday was erroneous.

Today is  also laundry day which has kept me busy.  It's almost time to put the last load in the washer.

National Bird Day and George Washington Carver Day are both worth celebrating.  I won't be honoring National Keto Day though.

An interesting quote by Seneca.

We'll pass on the meal, the drink and the wine.

We have not been to Eden, New South Wales -- yet.

@Seasick Sailor  Joy, I imagine the staff and crew are glad there aren't many kids on board, even if they won't admit it.  I'm sorry the veal liver was not good in Canaletto.  I'm glad the last of your neighbors has tested negative, and I hope she feels better soon.

@cat shepard  I'm glad Bindi is feeling better.

@aliaschief  🎈 🛳️ BON VOYAGE, SUE AND BRUCE! 🥂 🛳️  I hope you have a great cruise.  The small town meme hit home.  We didn't drive up and down the same streel, but we circled the local hamburger joint Friday and Saturday nights.

@dfish  Debbie, I'm glad you and Sue were able to get the additional chairs.  We're looking at replacing our chairs and maybe even the table, but not for a while.

@marshhawk  Annie, thanks for introducing us to Tazi, another handsome guy.

@ottahand7  Nancy, I imagine those in the NS are not happy about the breakfast situation.  Thanks for letting us know about Linda @lindaler finally getting her luggage.  I imagine she was thrilled.

@garlictown  Welcome home.

@smitty34877  Terry, I know you are very happy to be able to run some errands and to drive.

@durangoscots  Susan, I'm glad the ED of the shelter is working out well and taking some of the burden off your shoulders.

Lenda

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2

DH and I continue our vigil for his sister (my DSIL). Unfortunately, her grown sons are now locked in a battle over appropriate next steps with one weighing intervention and the other believing that fervent prayer will return his mother home healed. With her malignancy spreading and her heart failing, my DH wishes his sister release.

-Melisa

• Like 5
  • Thanks 20

4 minutes ago, HAL Sailer said:

DH and I continue our vigil for his sister (my DSIL). Unfortunately, her grown sons are now locked in a battle over appropriate next steps with one weighing intervention and the other believing that fervent prayer will return his mother home healed. With her malignancy spreading and her heart failing, my DH wishes his sister release.

-Melisa

Melisa, I couldn't like your post, but thank you for the update.  What a mess it is turning into with her sons having such opposing ideas.  Your DH seems to have the right idea of the situation, and from what I've gathered from your posts, it is what his DS would want.  Does she have an advanced directive for this situation?  I'm sorry all of you are having to go through all the drama.

Lenda

• Like 17

7 minutes ago, HAL Sailer said:

-Melisa

It is so difficult when family disagrees at this junction.  Prayers for you, DH, and DSIL.   May she rest comfortably.   

• Like 19

Tazi is a girl.  She is in love with the DH, sleeps behind his head on the sofa, and pushes me away from him when we are in bed sleeping.  However, if he falls asleep first, she demands that I pet her.  I wake up with her every morning pinning me to the bed.  She hates Furnando and keeps clear of the others.  She is THE cat. 

• Like 18
  • Haha 2

Another HA change which is kind of unfair considering the average age on this cruise. While doing my usual 20 minutes in the Guest services line an elderly gentleman was complaining about Happy Hour time changes which are now 20% off in sea view 9-10 and 10-11 in Mix.  He said I go to bed at 8:30.  😥 She said there is a 50% off beer for an hour in the Lido.  🙄  Just trying to squeeze another nickel out of a loyal passenger.  We did the math and we are buying 8 bottle wine package #1 and will consume them in the bars but for Mix we have to transport ourselves.  

At least they have gotten Coke zero back in stock but the whiskey/whisky selections are poor.  All we got were excuses from the beverage manager. Probably too lazy to order and log them in.  

• Like 10
  • Thanks 5

39 minutes ago, HAL Sailer said:

-Melisa

Melissa,

My sister is well aware of our wishes. I told her if she deviated from our wishes we'd meet her in heaven with an unhappy face.

• Like 12

Good (still barely) morning all!

Today is a red letter day for me! The last 2 worrisome trees were taken down today!! They would have caused immense damage if not worse if they had come down on our house.

They also took down 2 behind my neighbor’s house. She and I are doing the happy dance! She has been out of her house 2 months with another minimum of 2 more months because of the tree that came down on her house. 

6A25C978-B0F2-43C3-AD79-21B83B156672.thumb.jpeg.424acea4a4c42e57d923c7d6d13871bd.jpeg

27174217-5CBA-4C8F-91D7-E1A9F4BBFC36.thumb.jpeg.8ac1929e74c2ee995803d7faf63c7617.jpeg

89DFED95-ABCE-4E3E-8B28-5F88B95130DB.thumb.jpeg.9f9af0165ed7658b07166c2c106aeab0.jpeg

• Like 23

35 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Melissa,

My sister is well aware of our wishes. I told her if she deviated from our wishes we'd meet her in heaven with an unhappy face.

My Mom told us that if we deviated from her wishes, she would come back and make life uncomfortable for us.

• Like 13
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, rafinmd said:

For the second day I have a sunset photo, both taken almost 1 tear apart from virtually the same place at the onset of a grand voyage.  This was January 5, 2018 after embarking Crystal Serenity in Fort Lauderdale for the prelude to the 2-ship World Cruise:

dusk0105.jpg

Roy

Roy, you probably are aware that Jack Anderson is back in control of Crystal. The news article I read states that they hope to have the refurbished ships back in service by  summer.  I would like to try a cruise with them, especially if they offered fares comparable to Holland America, with a good itinerary.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

We stopped in Eden after missing Hobart. The Captain  ( the one that kept saying it is not my fault) felt we should stop at Eden instead. 
   Nice little town. Went out to the golf course where there were kangaroos all over the place. Didn’t play because I did not think we had enough time. Seems I was wrong because it was decide89ED3E5F-7450-4C1F-AD4B-B0815496A155.thumb.jpeg.d26991adf8ae020a3d265d51dd71731a.jpeg08E1816F-45C0-44F5-9BEC-80BE8334C03E.thumb.jpeg.20b8bb3e8bfcf81b5575bc4695702bc6.jpegd we were staying over nite.,Captain said again seas were rough and he wanted us to “ have a good nights sleep”. 
   My first attempt at pictures. 

charlene

• Like 19
  • Thanks 3