Did You Sail on Princess in 2022?

Rick&Jeannie

I thought maybe we could deviate a bit from the range of complaints and other such topics and try something different.  How many of my fellow Princess cruisers actually sailed in 2022?  Please only respond if you truly *did* sail in 2022...primarily on Princess but feel free to include sailings on a different cruise line as well.

For myself, we did 4 cruises but had 6 on the books.  We literally "missed the boat" on the second booked for the year due to a delayed Delta flight.  The third we cancelled ourselves due to the concern over Omicron.

1) Sky, Eastern Carib.

2) Sky TA (missed)

3) Grand, Hawaii round trip, LA (cancelled)

4) NCL Gem, Greek Islands

5) Discovery, Alaska

6) Island, Oktoberfest Capitals of Norther Europe

What about you?

• Like 4

Just now, Rick&Jeannie said:

I thought maybe we could deviate a bit from the range of complaints and other such topics and try something different.  How many of my fellow Princess cruisers actually sailed in 2022?  Please only respond if you truly *did* sail in 2022...primarily on Princess but feel free to include sailings on a different cruise line as well.

For myself, we did 4 cruises but had 6 on the books.  We literally "missed the boat" on the second booked for the year due to a delayed Delta flight.  The third we cancelled ourselves due to the concern over Omicron.

1) Sky, Eastern Carib.

2) Sky TA (missed)

5) Discovery, Alaska

What about you?

1. Enchanted Princess TA and Western Europe 

2. Enchanted Princess Norway and Iceland 

3. NCL Encore Alaska

4. Crown Princess Coastal

Currently on NCL Joy Panamá Canal

Edited by billco
  • Like 1

After a couple of cruises (one Princess, one "other" just before Covid, we had pretty much decided we were done with cruising - been there, done that etc. 

But then I was looking for something to do for our 50th anniversary last year and decided on a British Isles cruise on the Emerald Princess.  I had not considered a cruise like that in the past because of pain issues and traveling for a long period just wasn't in the cards.  Then 2 years ago I had a morphine pump implanted and it improved things to the point I thought I could make it - and I/we did - and had a great anniversary cruise.

Then I received an offer I couldn't refuse from Princess on an 11 day cruise out of Galveston over Christmas on the Ruby - been there done that - but we decided to go and had a great time!

So - from "not cruising any more" to two Princess cruises in 2022 - and a 14 day cruise booked for Feb 2024 out of FLL :-)

• Like 7

1. Regal Princess - Western Caribbean (February)
  2. Caribbean Princess - Eastern Caribbean  (May)
  3. Discovery Princess - Alaska  (July)
  4. Discovery Princess - Mexican Riviera Love Boat Cruise (October)
  5. Enchanted Princess - Caribbean with Martinique (December)

Now that we've caught up on cruising after the "pause" we are planning this year to visit some new places rather than repeating.  Looking forward to it!

Edited by azbirdmom
  • Like 1

I did 9 cruises in 2022 and I have 7 booked for 2023!

1 to 3)) Majestic B2B2B  California Coastal and Mex Riviera

4) Sky transatlantic

5)Caribbean Princess Caribbean

6) another CB Caribbean

7) CB Greenland/Canada

8 and 9) Discovery Mex and California

• Like 1

Not exactly sure what you are asking....but

We did a nice cruise on the Royal Princess a few months ago.

We are doing a Holland cruise in March with credits from a cancelled cruise

AND.....if we do not get flooded out first....we are in California....

we are supposed to take a Royal Caribbean cruise next week !

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

1) Sky, Eastern Carib.

2) Sky TA (missed)

5) Discovery, Alaska

What about you?

Love this!

1. Sky - Eastern Carib (Feb)

2. Enchanted - Southern Carib (March)

3. Majestic - Alaska (Jun)

4. Majestic - Alaska (Jun)

5. Enchanted - Norway / Iceland (July)

6. Majestic - Alaska (July)

7. Majestic - Alaska (Aug)

8. Sky - Western Carib (Nov)

9. Enchanted - Southern Carib (Dec)

10. Enchanted - Southern Carib (Dec)

Edited by Jeter02
  • Like 1

Celebrity Equinox  7 day Eastern  Jan '22

RCCL Allure of the Seas  7 day Western  Feb '22

Celebrity Reflection 7 day Eastern  Feb '22

Sky Princess 7 day Western April '22

Celebrity Infinity 7 day Eastern Sept. '22

Sky Princess B2B East/West  Dec '22

Hey...I'm retired now, so we caught up!!

jd

• Like 2

1. Feb 2022 - Scarlet Lady, Virgin Voyages

2. April 2022 - Bliss, NCL

3. April 2022 - Discovery, Princess

4. Sep 2022 - Royal, Princess

5. Dec 2022 - Ruby, Princess

The first four were reduced capacity and were fantastic. The last one was a holiday cruise and completely full. Still great, but definitely felt the difference. Next booked cruise is April on Bliss and then December on Virgin. While we have loved and been loyal to Princess, we will likely only sail with them again at this point if there are some great deals out there! Other than outstanding crew, Princess has nothing to offer that is enticing and the eroding of benefits, along with the price increases has left a sour taste. While I know this is a sign of the times and not unique to Princess, I haven't sailed enough on other lines to notice it as much (yet).

• Like 1

1.  Sea of Cortez 10 day - HAL Zuiderdam

2.  Alaska 10 day - Ruby Princess

3.  CA Coastal 7 day - Discovery

4.  Mexican Riviera  7 day - Discovery

5.  CA Coastal -  7 day - Discovery

6.  Hawaii - 15 day - Ruby Princess

• Like 1

Compared to all of the other replies, I feel like a slacker!  (But I am still working, and I suspect that many are retired, given the 50th anniversary discussions!).

January 2022 Disney out of Galvaston

Thanksgiving Week 2022 Discovery on the Mexican Riveria (Love Boat TV show route). 

(There were a lot of people!  I agree with above, the ship didnt exactly feel crowded all of the time, except for the very full shows, and the pool decks on sea days!  Some of the sea day lunches were packed too...Everything on Sea Days on the pool/buffet deck was crowded! )

We booked a week out of Galvaston  in Mid March using credits from a cancelled (COVID) trip that were going to expire.

We have also booked 2 weeks in Alaska in June!

• Like 3

We were booked on our first Princess cruise on Sky Princess for 12 days in March 2022 but weren’t able to travel due to a positive covid test so used some of the FCC for a 7-night France & Spain trip in September and rebooked the same itinerary for Sept 2023 with the remainder.

Having also done a German Xmas Markets cruise in December on a smaller ship (1400 pax) we think that we may be ‘small ship people’ but we’re happy to give the Sky Princess another chance to change our minds. 

• Like 1

Sky Princess                       Nov-21           Western Caribbean                  1700 Passengers

Sky Princess                       Dec-21            Eastern Caribbean                   1900 Passengers

Regal Princess                    Jan-22             Southern Caribbean               1500 Passengers

Regal Princess                    Jan-22             Western Caribbean                 1035 Passengers

Regal Princess                    Jan-22             Western Caribbean                   805 Passengers

Grand Princess                   Mar-22            Mexico - Sea of Cortez              Near Compacity 

Caribbean Princess             Jul-22              New England / Canada            Near Compacity

• Like 1

We did a northbound California coastal on the Ruby and a roundtrip Seattle Alaska sailing on the Discovery. Both were great. On the coastal, we had one of our favorite cabins, L104. That's a forward facing obstructed cabin that's much larger than standard and has great access to the little forward deck on Lido. On the Discovery sailing, we had one of our most favorite cabins, M107. 

There were some things we didn't like on the Ruby sailing, but the Discovery sailing was pretty much flawless.

• Like 2

Ruby Princess 4/16/22...10 days... California Coastal... Santa Barbara. L.A., San Diego, Ensenada

Caribbean Princess 5/28/22...7 days...Eastern Caribbean... Princess Cays, Saint Thomas, Saint Kitts

Caribbean Princess 6/4/22...7 days... Eastern Caribbean... San Juan, Grand Turks, Dominican Republic

Symphony of the Seas 10/8/22...7 days... Western Caribbean... Cozumel, Roatan, Costa Maya

• Like 1