Status Perks

m8zenblue

We were recently notified after our last cruise in December 2022 that our status was upgraded to "Elite".

My question is about the bag of laundry per cruise.

I have seen the laundry bag in our cabin closet, not very big.

How long does it actually take to get laundry back after sending it off ?

7 minutes ago, m8zenblue said:

We were recently notified after our last cruise in December 2022 that our status was upgraded to "Elite".

Generally it's a two day turnaround if you hand it in before 9am, so if you give it to your cabin attendant on a Monday you'll get it back on Wednesday. Sometimes you can get it back the next day, but the standard is two days.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kwokpot said:

Generally it's a two day turnaround if you hand it in before 9am, so if you give it to your cabin attendant on a Monday you'll get it back on Wednesday. Sometimes you can get it back the next day, but the standard is two days.

Thank You !

Just now, m8zenblue said:

Thank You !

Welcome. You'll get a flood of responses that say you may even get it the same day, but as I said the standard is two days. That's why you cannot take advantage of the free bag of laundry benefit the last three days of your cruise. Because of the turnaround. 

Hi. I have a question about the cloth laundry bags, since they are new to me. In the past, we had thin paper laundry bags and for most cruises we were told we could send out 30 items. I always spread the 30 items over two bags without any problems, and labeled them as "1 of 2" and "2 of 2".

Now it seems that there are smaller cloth bags, which are nicer but smaller than the paper bags. Are we (E+) able to send out "30 items" or is the benefit "one bag" of laundry?   If it is 30 items, can we distribute the items over two bags? 

35 minutes ago, SFCAcruiser said:

Hi. I have a question about the cloth laundry bags, since they are new to me. In the past, we had thin paper laundry bags and for most cruises we were told we could send out 30 items. I always spread the 30 items over two bags without any problems, and labeled them as "1 of 2" and "2 of 2".

Now it seems that there are smaller cloth bags, which are nicer but smaller than the paper bags. Are we (E+) able to send out "30 items" or is the benefit "one bag" of laundry?   If it is 30 items, can we distribute the items over two bags? 

The benefit is still listed as 30 items, so I would say that it shouldn't be a problem and if it were me and I needed two bags to fit 30 items I would just explain it to the cabin attendant what you did.

1 hour ago, SFCAcruiser said:

If "we" means you and a traveling companion are each Elite Plus, each of you receives 2 free bags of laundry per cruise.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, m8zenblue said:

Size of bag is irrelevant as the Elite offer is restricted to a number of items (from memory 20). The offer is per person. The offer is for wash and fold. However if you write on the slip " please return items on hangers" it comes back as good as ironed. Don't forget the "please" as they don't have to do it 

• Thanks 3

We are both E plus. on our cruise in October we had sent out a bag of laundry 3 times.  None more than 15-17 items.  We were getting ready to send out the 4th bag and we were  putting in 2 pair of men's jeans and 1 of mine plus some other items total was 18 items but they did not fit in the 1 bag .  We asked the Butler for another bag and he told us that they were only allowing 1 bag per elite and 2 per elite + the number of items wasn't a factor.   YMMV That was our experience.

Another tip is when you first enter you stateroom is to check to see if you have laundry forms and if not to ask for TWO laundry forms from your attendant assuming you want pressing and an item dry cleaned.  If you're significant other has status as well you can both use the same form(s)

5 hours ago, m8zenblue said:

Congrats on your Elite status.

Regarding the maximum number of items in a particular bag my memory is that the max is 30.  However, there are periodically cruises with water restrictions (ie, the Baltics or occasionally an Alaska itinerary) in which the maximum number of items per bag is 20.  Doesn't happen often, but has happened.

8 hours ago, jelayne said:

We are both E plus. on our cruise in October we had sent out a bag of laundry 3 times.  None more than 15-17 items.  We were getting ready to send out the 4th bag and we were  putting in 2 pair of men's jeans and 1 of mine plus some other items total was 18 items but they did not fit in the 1 bag .  We asked the Butler for another bag and he told us that they were only allowing 1 bag per elite and 2 per elite + the number of items wasn't a factor.   YMMV That was our experience.

Change your Butler😂

11 hours ago, jelayne said:

This was our experience on the Summit in January 2020 as Elite.  I think I may have set the record for one bag as we had a pre cruise trip laundry.

18 hours ago, jelayne said:

And don’t put in anything that will shrink, fade or you don’t wear wrinkled. 

Adding to your list I would also say anything with elastic that you don’t want ruined 

Sometimes the elastic in under wear and socks gets destroyed.   It isn’t very expensive so it isn’t much of a loss if it does.

They also iron on identification tape.  Those little tags are stiff and irritate my skin so I pull them off.   Sometimes they come off easy but they always remove some material when doing.   I have had a few shirts mess up because during removal it pulled a thread.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

56 minutes ago, miched said:

They also iron on identification tape.  Those little tags are stiff and irritate my skin so I pull them off.   Sometimes they come off easy but they always remove some material when doing.   I have had a few shirts mess up because during removal it pulled a thread.  

I have found those pesky little tags months later annoying the poop out of me.  They are very stiff and very tiny and they put them in the oddest of places.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Arubamoose said:

I have found those pesky little tags months later annoying the poop out of me.  They are very stiff and very tiny and they put them in the oddest of places.

When you get your bay back, dump it out on the bed and find and remove the tags before putting them away