ROOM SERVICE FEE

TOURMAN857

We're going on the Summit in September. I have heard some slightly disturbing news from a video I saw on YouTube. And then I had it confirmed by my Celebrity PCC. Beginning in January (so it's policy now) ALL orders (except continental breakfast) made for Room Service will be subject to a $10.99 SERVICE CHARGE per order. This supposedly is FLEET WIDE.  My wife and I don't order a lot of room service when we cruise, but it was a nice option to have. This SUXXXXXX.......  It's not a deal breaker by any means but it makes me wonder how many OTHER ways they're going to dream up to "nickle-and -dime" us???

• Like 4

The fee is $9.95 plus 18% gratuity, so the cost is $11.75. I just debarked Monday.

But here is the really sad part. You can no longer order anything from the main dining room. It is room service menu only. Four main items available (pasta, burger, hot dog, turkey cub). I posted the menus in my live from Constellation thread. I tried everything, there was no changing the new 'rule'. They are working off the room service menu only. Of course, I was in a verandah so perhaps the suite room service menus offer more choices.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

it's $9.95 and it's old news. It's als a great example of the negativity seen on this forum of late!

Yes, it's an extra fee and there are others, but Celebrity didn't go under like many cruise lines could have done! It ls doesn't apply to continental breakfast.

Rather than focus on the negatives and/or fear mongering, how about being grateful there's still a product on offer at all?

I'll be on the Solstice on Saturday and I plan to focus on the positive and have a great time!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

When  folks get cold eggs and dried out toast, plus mixed up orders, they may believe they paid way too much..  of course, a sep tip for deliv person would be out of the question..

Only neg is that  more folks will carry plates of food and hot coffee onto elevators to spill on other guests and the floors..not fun!

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, TOURMAN857 said:

Apologies to everyone for posting something already covered. Sorry to inconvenience everyone. Relatively new to this. 

And I want to apologize to you.  Some posts come across very rude sometimes.  Welcome to the Celebrity forums. 🙂

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, TOURMAN857 said:

Apologies to everyone for posting something already covered. Sorry to inconvenience everyone. Relatively new to this. Next time just scroll past and it won't be a problem. 

No need to apologize. You expressed a concern that many others share and many others have expressed.  I am sorry some here are attempting to bully you into only posting in the way they prefer.

• Like 13

1 minute ago, randomcruise said:

No need to apologize. You expressed a concern that many others share and many others have expressed.  I am sorry some here are attempting to bully you into only posting in the way they prefer.

Yes Myself as well...Feel free to ask questions!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Is it true, aqua class will not have the room service fee?

1 hour ago, Guindalf said:

No. Only suite guests avoid it.

33 minutes ago, WestLakeGirl said:

Alas, no

Blu is (at least currently) immune to extra charge for additional lobster entrees

• Like 3

3 hours ago, CruisersTimesThree said:

It’s been a topic on these boards for a couple of weeks now.

If you like lobster, get ready to pay $16.95 plus gratuity if you’d like a second one, unless you’re in a suite.

I was asking if I don’t get the lobster 🦞 will X issue me an onboard credit for $16.95 plus gratuity ?

• Like 7
  • Haha 8

6 minutes ago, JFontaine said:

Another downside - someone not feeling well and deciding to self-isolate (and not report to medical) can either  pay $12 to have a hot dog delivered, or just go to the dining room. 

Very good point. I’m surprised this hasn’t cone up yet. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, JFontaine said:

Another downside - someone not feeling well and deciding to self-isolate (and not report to medical) can either  pay $12 to have a hot dog delivered, or just go to the dining room. 

So true - my son was sick on our last cruise.  (Yes - it was the dreaded Covid).  He did self isolate and we had room service brought to him many times.  I also brought food down from the buffet.....but if we were gone on an excursion, he got room service.  What a shame for future guests who are feeling ill.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, JFontaine said:

26 minutes ago, RichYak said:

Very good point. I’m surprised this hasn’t cone up yet. 

You would have to imagine they'd waive the fee

If you report yourself to medical they'd waive it. But if you just decide to ride it out, would they?  And the disabled person or elderly person who finds the buffet too difficult to navigate, or needs to take it slow? The solo traveler who gets up the courage to cruise, but not eat alone? So many people adversely impacted. 

• Like 11