The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday February 1st, 2023

StLouisCruisers

Hi!  

Putting a pina colada into a martini glass doesn't make it a martini, but the drink sounds good.  I would make enough to put into a  much larger glass.  

I try to be a spunky old broad, but some of my friends don't appreciate it when I get too spunky.  I would say that out of the 4 knitting groups that I go to, only  1 of them is actually fun.  

• Like 23

Rabbit, rabbit, white rabbit. 

I’ll be working a couple hours the morning, then I have an annual eye appt. Since my eyes will probably be dilated I took the rest of the day off. I have to start packing for my cruise. I fly to Miami on Saturday. I figure I need to be on the road by 4am. DH is driving the 1.5 hours to the airport then going home. Probably just in time to meet his biking group. Or maybe going back to bed. 😜

Thanks for the locations of the Holland America Line fleet, and all the daily information. It’s so wonderful that the Daily family cover each other so we have this thread that so many look forward to each day. 🥰

Thank you all for caring and sharing.  Prayers 🙏 for everyone who needs them.  Cheers 🎉 for all the celebrations.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

Please excuse any typos from earlier this morning because I can't fix them now.  I was a typist in my early years so should be a better proofreader.  Anyone remember when we had to type letters on our electric typewriters with carbon paper to make copies?  If you made a mistake it was quite a production to erase them.  Thank goodness those days are over, and it was an electric typewriter and not a manual one.📝

Jacqui @kazugood luck today with the X-rays and I hope you get the cast!

Nancy @ottahand7I hope the weather clears for you and the other Volendam passengers.  Thank you for your photos and for checking in.  Also liked the port of the day photos.  

Bruce @aliaschiefgreat photos of the Cancun sunrise!  Beautiful colors!

Edi @NextOneI echo Graham's thoughts.  Happy Heavenly birthday to your late DH.  I hope you and your son enjoy the memories at dinner tonight.

Terry @smitty34877what a shame that Tana is now having GI problems, but I know if I have antibiotics it causes problems with the GI system too.  I hope she is better today and you both get more sleep tonight.

Eva @superomathe news today from Roy is distressing.  That breathing part is scary I'm sure!  I hope they can do something to help you Roy.  We're pulling for you!  Thank you Eva for conveying the message.

Debbie @dfishnot good news about your congestion and not feeling well this morning.  I'm glad it's not Covid, and hope you improve as the day goes on.  Funny how we always worry our sickness is Covid first these days.  We used to just say I have a cold, or I have a flu bug, now it's Covid.  Check in later to let us know how you're doing.

Jake @Crazy For Catsgreat news the polyps from DH were negative!  

Marcia @dobiemomthanks for the info on your upcoming cruise.  I'll put you on the countdown list!  I found your cruise on your signature NCL Encore Feb. 5.  Hope you have an easy trip to Miami.

As I reported in the Celebrations today, my neighbor Rudy had 5 X bypass surgery yesterday.  Would that be quintuple bypass?  Anyway his DW says he hopes to be home by the weekend.  Cheers for Rudy!  He's a very nice southern gentleman and he loves to garden so he helps with our Community Garden.  We want him back out digging in the soil by springtime.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

@kochleffel, Her ship is waiting for her on the PortNY webcam 🎉🚢

Thanks for that info.  I just looked up the NCL Getaway on the webcam.  It looks cold!  BTW, @kochleffel's name is Paul so I would think a male.  

@GTVCRUISERthat's a beautiful photo.  Do you take all the photos of San Diego you post?  I would think so since you live there, but you have to get up awfully early for the sunrises.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

Rabbit, rabbit , White Rabbit!

Good Wednesday Morning Dailyites!  @StLouisCruisers thank you for picking up the work from Roy, who picked it up from Rich.  Great job!  And what a difference 30 or so miles make.  When I sat down at the computer it was 48.degrees.

Feral Fawn is still in the porch,  Mr. Bubbles was sleeping on the chair outside the porch, and Uggles (son of Bubbles) arrived hungry.  Some body (cat, dog, hawk or owl) apparently got the better of Uggles, and for once he was scratched up and hungrier than feisty, so no fighting this morning, very calm, very nice.

I had no idea that Spunky Old Broads started at the age of 50.  This makes me want to celebrate the years from when I turned 50 until now.  50 to me seems young, so I guess thats when we start training for spunky.  I have it down pat now.  And Spunky makes us younger.

9c13286875253e05123b327deb31e767.jpg

For all of you going through a rough time,  whether it be health, weather, or feeling under the weather,  a hug is being sent your way.

5827857531_8962f29333_o.jpg

And for all who are celebrating cruises, adventures and happy moments and memories-

how_cats_celebrate_640_15.jpg

• Like 27
  • Haha 1

Rabbit rabbit. Hmm, yet another pseudo-martini. The miso cod would be OK.

On a cruise I want every day to be no-politics day. I had an unpleasant cruise in 2019 during which one person after another yelled at me about politics. I never introduce politics into conversation with a new acquaintance, but the moment they learned what state I live in, they started yelling. That was not on HAL.

FB_IMG_1675224022836.thumb.jpg.190f2ca7e6a243e2533be135a4fdeb3a.jpg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 18

42 minutes ago, dobiemom said:

Rabbit, rabbit, white rabbit. 

I’ll be working a couple hours the morning, then I have an annual eye appt. Since my eyes will probably be dilated I took the rest of the day off. I have to start packing for my cruise. I fly to Miami on Saturday. I figure I need to be on the road by 4am. DH is driving the 1.5 hours to the airport then going home. Probably just in time to meet his biking group. Or maybe going back to bed. 😜

Thanks for the locations of the Holland America Line fleet, and all the daily information. It’s so wonderful that the Daily family cover each other so we have this thread that so many look forward to each day. 🥰

Thank you all for caring and sharing.  Prayers 🙏 for everyone who needs them.  Cheers 🎉 for all the celebrations.

Marcia,

Enjoy your cruise.  We are just going to miss each other in Miami.  I will arrive there on Feb. 6 for our cruise on Feb. 7.  I looked to see if we are in any of the ports together, but we are not.  Someday we will meet.

Bon Voyage!

Terri

• Like 18

12 minutes ago, kochleffel said:

Rabbit rabbit. Hmm, yet another pseudo-martini. The miso cod would be OK.

On a cruise I want every day to be no-politics day. I had an unpleasant cruise in 2019 during which one person after another yelled at me about politics. I never introduce politics into conversation with a new acquaintance, but the moment they learned what state I live in, they started yelling. That was not on HAL.

FB_IMG_1675224022836.thumb.jpg.190f2ca7e6a243e2533be135a4fdeb3a.jpg

I hope you are still going to Bermuda. Over on the NCL board there is talk among those doing b2b that it will be too windy to get into Dockyard. Maybe Nassau?  I hope you have a great time wherever you go!

• Like 20

Good morning all.

Today is replace HVAC day.  Shell out more money day. Just got another bill from the Contractor day. Credit Card is due in a few days.

I think I am going to have to rob a bank soon to pay for all this.  

Anyway,  I did have a decent night’s sleep last night and am feeling a lot better today.

Going to try to finish my packing today and get the pictures, mirrors and window treatment rods ready to be put up.  

Got an email from the contractor that they will be here Tomorrow and Friday.  I didn’t expect this.

So that is where we are.

Prayers for all on the cares list.  Especially Roy, Tana, and Jacqui.  Prayers for all others who need them.  

Cheers to the those celebrating and cruising. Bon Voyage to @kochleffel and to @dobiemom.

@aliaschiefHope you are enjoying the rest, relaxation and sunshine in Cancun.

Have a great day everyone,

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ocean sounds said:

@StLouisCruisers , thank you so much for continuing the Daily, the fleet and care and celebration reports,  while Roy is healing.  

I love these:  Today is National Freedom Day, No Politics Day, and Spunky Old Broads Day

I suspect from his funny posts, if RNB ( @RedneckBob ) was a woman, he would be a Spunky Old Broad, 😂

Good luck to your DS and the boys in Dallas.  My brother lives in the area, and they just want this ice to move on out. 

Thanks to everyone who contributes to this wonderful thread!, 

Have a warm, safe, and wonderful day, everyone 

I am a Spunky Old Broad only on Tuesdays and formal nite on HAL. It’s “As You Wish Dining” ! 😀

• Like 9
  • Haha 10

2 minutes ago, nancynana9950 said:

I hope you are still going to Bermuda. Over on the NCL board there is talk among those doing b2b that it will be too windy to get into Dockyard. Maybe Nassau?  I hope you have a great time wherever you go!

That happened on my last cruise to Bermuda. It felt like a cruise to the Bermuda Triangle as we sailed back and forth in sight if the island but couldn’t dock. On the last day we finally docked, without which the sailing would have been unlawful unless a waiver was granted, and by then it was too late to continue to anywhere else. Almost everyone had the drink package, though.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

Good morning Dailyites. 

Said my white rabbits,  lifted prayers, and having coffee. So much already accomplished!

Reaching out to our Roy, Tana, Jacqui, Sarah and Kathi.

Thank you Sandi for hosting the Daily today. I don't want to be considered "old", but I've been told on many occasion I'm spunky. Thank you Lord for my freedom. No politics today, so I'll tell you tomorrow about Nikki Haley.. 🙊

I  love fresh pineapple but please don't serve me with it in a drink.

It is absolutely miserable outside. Sleet is so dangerous. And my plants and trees have taken a big hit. It's supposed to warm up tomorrow and continue to rain. I'm sorry for our Canadian friends who are getting some nasty cold/winter weather. 

Since we just got back from a long, warm weather cruise I started rewriting my packing list. I hardly used 3 pair of shoes, did not need multiple sweaters, had too many dresses and not enough slacks, and did not use half of my lotions and potions. I have to get the suitcases ready to be picked up next week. May as well start it with us frozen in today..

Wishing everyone a joyful day.

image.png.041621711476abe98c26ef998cbd6ba6.png

• Like 22

53 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

carbon paper to make copies?  If you made a mistake it was quite a production to erase them.  Thank goodness those days are over, and it was an electric typewriter and not a manual one

What about typing spirit-duplicator masters, where corrections could only be made by scraping the wax off with a razor blade?

• Like 14
  • Haha 6

22 minutes ago, kochleffel said:

What about typing spirit-duplicator masters, where corrections could only be made by scraping the wax off with a razor blade?

Paul, is that like the mimeograph?  I don't remember scraping the wax off anything.  In 1968 and '69 Proctor and Gamble used mimeograph machines to print charts and lists for office usage.  We had file cabinets full of them and someone would send a request down to the office asking for 100 more copies or whichever amount needed.  We would take the appropriate stencil out of its folder in the file cabinet and run off copies.  Sometimes the stencils needed retyped because they wore out, or sometimes someone would ask you to type up a new stencil for a completely different and new chart.  We used a liquid on errors - you dotted it on, waited for it to dry then typed the correction.  You also didn't use the typewriter ribbon on the stencil, it had to be shifted out of the way.  Here is an explanation of the process.

https://www.britannica.com/technology/mimeograph

Thank goodness the copy machine came into existence, which was referred to as a Xerox copy after the company who produced the machines.  So much has changed over these decades!

21 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Oh, and my passport has been shipped.

Roy 

Roy, happy to hear you are up in a chair this morning.  And good news about the passport shipping!  Hoping this day is a good one for you.

• Like 20

@JazzyV Thanks for posting that your passport arrived!  DS is awaiting his prior to our family cruise Feb 25!  He applied (renewal) online expedited Dec 28.  DH applied by mail Dec 26 expedited and received his about Jan 18!  And his passport card came a week later. 

Roy just posted his passport arrived!  Now he needs to be well enough to use it. 🙏 

• Like 22

Good morning from a still cold (27F) and icy central Texas.  The street in front of our house is still ice, and I suspect part of the driveways is ice too.  It's supposed to freezing rain today and into tomorrow morning.  Our high is predicted to be 32F, and tomorrow is now the day we are supposed to be above freezing.  Friday is supposed to be sunny and in the 50s.  🤞

National Freedom Day is definitely one to celebrate, and I can also get behind no politics day.  I hope I'm a spunky old broad, not just an old broad.  In my mind, I'm not old, and most days my body doesn't feel that old.

I like today's quote, but I imagine the last part is easier said than done.

We'll pass on the meal and the drink.  The wine sounds nice, but it's pretty pricey.

We've been to General San Martin, Peru, twice.  The first time was in 2001 on Ryndam, and the second time was in 2015 on the Ruby Princess.  As Sandi, @StLouisCruisers said, it is a pretty barren area since it's the gateway to the desert.  

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, that is good news the boys got to practice some yesterday.  Today looks to be more of the same weather.  I'm glad your DS has navigated the roads without trouble.   I'm glad your neighbor came through the bypass surgery well.  That is a lot of bypasses.  Sandi, I remember typing using carbon paper.  I always made a mistake near the end of the page, and many times having to start over.

@ocean sounds  We live about 60 miles south of Fort Worth, and we also want this ice to leave.

@aliaschief   Bruce, I'm glad you made it to Cancun safely along with your luggage.  Great sunrise pictures.

@kazu  Jacqui, I hope all goes well at your appointment today, and that you only see smiles on the surgeon's face.

@smitty34877  Terry, I'm sorry Tana has a GI bug.  Hope it's just one of those 24 hour or less things.  Scrambled eggs might be good for her when she feels like eating.  Glad the teenager walked the dogs for you this morning.

@superoma  Eva, thanks again for relaying Roy's emails.

@dfish  Debbie, I'm sorry you were congested and feeling bad, but glad it is clearing up and your feeling back to normal.  Glad the test was negative.

@Crazy For Cats  Jake, that is good news about your DH's polyps being benign.

@RMLincoln  Maureen, I hope the roads are not bad when you go to your dentist appointment.

@kochleffel  Paul, I loved the picture of the signs.   In Arizona, the signs are about flooded washes and driving through them.  They have a stupid driver law, and drivers that have to be recued from flooded washes have to pay for the rescue.  🎈 🛳️  BON VOYAGE! 🥂 🍾

@Cruzin Terri  Terri, I'm glad you got a decent night's sleep and are feeling better today.  It sounds like you have a busy rest of the week.

@Seasick Sailor  Joy, I agree, it's time for the ice and freezing rain to go someplace else.  

@rafinmd  Roy, I'm glad your O2 levels are up, and hope the breathing gets easier.  Glad to see you are sitting in a chair, and very happy your passport has shipped.  Just saw, you might be discharged tonight.  Hope you have someone who can help you for the next few days.

Lenda

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2