Diamond + Bogo Specialty Restaurant benefit

I have a question regarding the Diamond + Bogo benefit to dine in the specialty restaurants. We’ve never used this benefit before since we enjoy Coastal Kitchen, and we’re wondering if there is any flexibility on the nights we prefer to use this benefit?  I read that it’s to be used Day 1 or 2, but is this strictly enforced? Since we are sailing in a suite, can the Concierge make a reservation for the nights we prefer with this benefit?
Thanks for your answers and experiences using this benefit.

YMMV.  Each time I've used it for my wife and I, we've been able to dine (any pay) on any other night.  Last month on Voyager I specifically asked the question, got a wave of the hand and a "whichever night you want to come is fine."  Made reservations for nights 1 and 5 and it was all good.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

YMMV.  Each time I've used it for my wife and I, we've been able to dine (any pay) on any other night.  Last month on Voyager I specifically asked the question, got a wave of the hand and a "whichever night you want to come is fine."  Made reservations for nights 1 and 5 and it was all good.

Did you go to that specific restaurant to make the reservation? Or can I just go to anyone, and they will honor this request? Thanks! 

17 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

It varies by ship, but usually as long as you pay for it by day 2, it can be for any night.

We'll be on the Harmony in April, hoping to use the BOGO as well. Been a D+ for a long time, but have never used this benefit. We like to be in the MDR on the 1st 2 nights. Hope they will let us use it on other nights. I plan on making the reservations as soon as we board. So I assume you're saying when you make the reservation, the person makes you pay for it right away? I'm a bit confused. Thanks. 

4 minutes ago, seapad said:

Did you go to that specific restaurant to make the reservation? Or can I just go to anyone, and they will honor this request? Thanks! 

I always just go to one (last time Chops) and make both reservations...I've never had an issue with them making a reservation at one of the other restaurants.

edit to add:  Also, to clarify my first post, the wave of the hand and "whichever night is fine" was in response to a "do I need to pay now to come on night 5?" question.  As @Biker19 said, YMMV.  I've heard it go both ways.  

Edited by Husky1987
  • Like 1

I've been very successful in using the coupon on day 2 (usually night 2 is formal) and any other night xcpt lobster night.  Any specialty restaurant will do, but I suggest you go to the restaurant that you plan as being the first.  Few times I've booked at the Kiosk in the promenade, when boarding.

Remember this coupon is per D+ member.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, seapad said:

We'll be on the Harmony in April, hoping to use the BOGO as well. Been a D+ for a long time, but have never used this benefit. We like to be in the MDR on the 1st 2 nights. Hope they will let us use it on other nights. I plan on making the reservations as soon as we board. So I assume you're saying when you make the reservation, the person makes you pay for it right away? I'm a bit confused. Thanks. 

Yes, you make your reservation for any night but pay when you make the reservation on day one or two. You are also paying onboard prices, the BOGO save10 - 20 dollars.  We just used the BOGO on Ovation and Quantum, Chop's was $78.99 and Jamie's was $  $68.99. Later in the cruise we found out our TA had given us a Specialty dinner for two, we were able to swap it out and get a fully refundable OBC.  Both times we made all our reservations on day one in Izumi as soon as we boarded , both times no line at all on boarding day. 

6 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Yes, you make your reservation for any night but pay when you make the reservation on day one or two. You are also paying onboard prices, the BOGO save10 - 20 dollars.  We just used the BOGO on Ovation and Quantum, Chop's was $78.99 and Jamie's was $  $68.99. Later in the cruise we found out our TA had given us a Specialty dinner for two, we were able to swap it out and get a fully refundable OBC.  Both times we made all our reservations on day one in Izumi as soon as we boarded , both times no line at all on boarding day. 

That's awesome. I actually have bought a specialty dinner package (3) online. It sounds like even if we pay full price, we would come out 50% less since we're paying for just 1 person, and the other is free. 
Do you happen to know, or have any suggestion if I go onboard and successfully book all my BOGO dinners, how do I request a refund for the prepaid specialty dinner package? OBC is fine as long as they will go back to my credit card at the end of the cruise of unspent. 

Thanks for any suggestion. 

38 minutes ago, nelblu said:

I've been very successful in using the coupon on day 2 (usually night 2 is formal) and any other night xcpt lobster night.  Any specialty restaurant will do, but I suggest you go to the restaurant that you plan as being the first.  Few times I've booked at the Kiosk in the promenade, when boarding.

Remember this coupon is per D+ member.

Great reminder. Both husband and I are D+. That's great to know. Thanks! 

35 minutes ago, seapad said:

That's awesome. I actually have bought a specialty dinner package (3) online. It sounds like even if we pay full price, we would come out 50% less since we're paying for just 1 person, and the other is free. 
Do you happen to know, or have any suggestion if I go onboard and successfully book all my BOGO dinners, how do I request a refund for the prepaid specialty dinner package? OBC is fine as long as they will go back to my credit card at the end of the cruise of unspent. 

Go to Customer Service soon after you get the BOGO reservations.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, XSWABBY said:

Do you pay gratuities for 2 dinners for the BOGO when booking, or just for the one charge?

Automatic 18% grats on the charge and the charge is for one dinner.  I tip extra to compensate.

2 hours ago, seapad said:

I went to GS and asked to swap out the pre paid for the free and that was it. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, bala1130 said:

Has anyone used the BOGO for Special dining lunch, or can it only be used for dinner?

Each ship seems to do whatever they want. It says must be paid by night 1 or 2. Allure they moved my 2nd night without telling me from night 4 to night 2. Just happened to see it in the app. Harmony said no to izumi sushi and wonderland, izumi sushi was ok on allure. But they allowed night 1 and whichever other night for me as a solo.

I have even written asking for rules. They dint exist.

What I'm saying is just because someone else posts they used it for lunch who knows what they say your cruise. 

Edited by firefly333

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, bala1130 said:

Has anyone used the BOGO for Special dining lunch, or can it only be used for dinner?

Dinner.  At least according to the info that is provided on  the benefits list that will be in your cabin.  All the exclusions are clearly listed.

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Dinner.  At least according to the info that is provided on  the benefits list that will be in your cabin.  All the exclusions are clearly listed.

M

That's what I said on harmony when they first said no izumi sushi. I said I did it on allure and it's not listed as a exception. Same with wonderland, I said if it's not listed as being not included its included. ..as a special favor imfinally got them. Then it was have to do the more expensive first. Others have said that too. Pricing can be the more expensive or least expensive, whichever is first.

I have not found its clearly written at all. 

6 hours ago, bala1130 said:

I tried to use it at the Mason Jar for lunch on the first day, and was told no.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, firefly333 said:

That's what I said on harmony when they first said no izumi sushi. I said I did it on allure and it's not listed as a exception. Same with wonderland, I said if it's not listed as being not included its included. ..as a special favor imfinally got them. Then it was have to do the more expensive first. Others have said that too. Pricing can be the more expensive or least expensive, whichever is first.

I have not found its clearly written at all. 

This was from a month or two ago. Some specific rules may change, but exclusions should be listed on the benefits page.   Above the circled area is a mention that the Bogo is  for dinner.

IMG_3630.jpeg

Edited by cruisegirl1