bloating by 4th day on ship

cary1306

LOL.  OP is not referring to ankles.   Vacations tend to do that to some people.  Unfamiliar or rich food can be the culprit as can the different schedule people tend to keep while on vacation.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BND said:

LOL.  OP is not referring to ankles.   Vacations tend to do that to some people.  Unfamiliar or rich food can be the culprit as can the different schedule people tend to keep while on vacation.

Yes, but the symptoms and possible remedies are the same for OP's issue. 

Lots of water, walking and raising your legs above the level of your head when resting works well for me and apparently others as well.

• Like 2

Iberogast. It's an herbal tincture you put 20 drops in a glass of water, 3x/day. My sister was extremely bloated and and uncomfortable in Spain, I went to a pharmacy for something like Pepto-Bismol, which they didn't have, but the pharmacist sold me Iberogast. It worked. After we got on the ship, I started drinking it every day, to ward off heartburn etc., and even now at home if my stomach feels off. 

For me it's sugar and alcohol that cause the bloat.  I consume little of each at home.  

I did a LOT of walking on the Anthem since my cabin was in the aft.  I ended up with my legs, face, and arms smaller from the exercise, and a watermelon belly that took three days at home to go down in size.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, goldfish65 said:

Iberogast. It's an herbal tincture you put 20 drops in a glass of water, 3x/day. My sister was extremely bloated and and uncomfortable in Spain, I went to a pharmacy for something like Pepto-Bismol, which they didn't have, but the pharmacist sold me Iberogast. It worked. After we got on the ship, I started drinking it every day, to ward off heartburn etc., and even now at home if my stomach feels off. 

Where do you get it?

16 hours ago, wolfcathorse said:

I bloat (ankles swell up) when I drink too much water from the ship faucets (ie, water in dining room, or WJ). So I try to stick with just bottled spring water

This. My hands and feet were swelling like crazy on one cruise. I switched to bottled water (and lots of it!) and things improved a lot. I think it's all the salt in the food, and some in the tap water.

I don’t get bloated but I did start to notice I was getting indigestion more often than I would like, so I modified what I eat.  For me, all the gravy and sauces they smother every entree with seemed to be loaded with salt. So Prior to the new menus, I found that the vegan menu items didn’t bother me as much. We’re cruising next week with the new menus, so I’ll see if I can find something to eat.………and I bring tums on every cruise 😉

• Like 1

Happens to me whenever I travel, whether it's a cruise or not. Usually happens after flying. Lots of water, especially if you're drinking lot of alcohol. Also, food is not what you're used to so that could happen as well. I call it "travel tummy" lol

21 hours ago, wolfcathorse said:

I bloat (ankles swell up) when I drink too much water from the ship faucets (ie, water in dining room, or WJ). So I try to stick with just bottled spring water

Is that what causes the swelling in my hands & feet!!! Every single cruise I swell terribly after about day 3 into day 4. I have to elevate feet at night and have even cut down on alcohol consumption, and I still swell until I cant even wear my dinner dress shoes. Dont know what else to do...