Celebrity Cruise Pricing

High on the Seas

For the first time in years My wife and I won’t be booking a future cruise while on the ship. We have a B2B for a total of 14 days in Aqua class later this month that cost a total of $6710. Last year when I was onboard I booked a 14 day B2B in Aqua for 2024. The price had increased to $8138. A comparable 2025 cruise comes in at $10991 for 14 days. I understand the cruise industry has had its share of issues due to the pandemic but at these prices and needing to add airfare and trip insurance this is no longer an affordable vacation compared to other options. Raising prices 63 percent over a 2 year period is going to drive customers to an alternate vacation option.  I’m pretty sure there must be others with sticker shock also. Looks like a trip to sunny Florida will be in our future in 2025.  Happy cruising to those with bigger wallets.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

It mostly depends on timing of the cruise. We've gotten good prices on the Equinox next December on a 10 day cruise, and while on the beyond, we booked the reflection for a 7 day next May for a good price. Both in a standard balcony.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Ok I will ask. What is YAGE?

No one really cares.... we just ignore rude people....

As for price, I agree.  We are back with Celebrity for an ABC cruise but it's been about 5 years since we sailed Celebrity, due to prices.  I found a pretty good Black Friday deal with decent OBC so we will give it a shot. Although once I booked and did my final payment I learned that they downgraded the MDR menu and it's now  pay for room service.  I'd say this will probably be our last Celbrity crusie but I guess we aren't allowed.....  People get mad. 

We've been on 5 cruises since Covid but Celebrity was always more than I wanted to pay compared to what I could get on other lines.  

Enjoy....

• Like 5

Based on service and price from our recent sail on Millennium, we are going to shop around for the first time in 5+ years. May still end up booking X but they’ve given us a reason to look around and we plan to do so. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Duanerice1 said:

No one really cares.... we just ignore rude people....

As for price, I agree.  We are back with Celebrity for an ABC cruise but it's been about 5 years since we sailed Celebrity, due to prices.  I found a pretty good Black Friday deal with decent OBC so we will give it a shot. Although once I booked and did my final payment I learned that they downgraded the MDR menu and it's now  pay for room service.  I'd say this will probably be our last Celbrity crusie but I guess we aren't allowed.....  People get mad. 

We've been on 5 cruises since Covid but Celebrity was always more than I wanted to pay compared to what I could get on other lines.  

Enjoy....

Yet Another Grand Exit. Had to look it up. You’re right, mean. 

Regarding price vs diminished product, I would just like to add that I have read several reviews of late on sites besides CC that were very positive… even with the changes. I’m sailing in 2 weeks so will be better able to discern for myself. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Georgia_Peaches said:

Yet Another Grand Exit. Had to look it up. You’re right, mean. 

Regarding price vs diminished product, I would just like to add that I have read several reviews of late on sites besides CC that were very positive… even with the changes. I’m sailing in 2 weeks so will be better able to discern for myself. 

We'll be on in another month.  I convinced my wife to pay more because we get free room service and a hot breakfast.... then they took that away so we'll see.  We use(d) room service a lot.

• Like 1

This situation is not unique to cruising or indeed Celebrity. We usually spend a weekend in London at Easter, not this year as the hotel price almost double what it was last. Food and drink costs when we went at Christmas were way higher than last Easter too.  Similar with theme park tickets in Orlando where the combo ticket we used to buy is now £1050 for 14 days.  Add to that flights, accommodation, spending money, for a family of 4 your bill is going to be c£20k, maybe more. So we will continue to book Celebrity whilst ever we see value in it.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, crusinthrough said:

2024 and 2025 prices will go down by the time final payment rolls around.  Book a refundable deposit and monitor prices. 

Not all countries around the world have refundable deposits and price drops. 

• Like 5

Thank you for all your suggestions. All of our cruises the past 10-15 years have been based on leaving during the peak of our winter here in Michigan to escape the worst of our winter weather which is typically January and February. The all included Aqua rooms used to be a better deal when you factored in drink packages, gratuities and internet. We could certainly downgrade to save money which may be our only option to continue with Celebrity if their prices don’t drop but a vacation should not be the time to worry about whether or not you can have that extra margarita at the pool. Keeping my fingers crossed that some level of sanity returns to the travel industry and life in general soon. Travel safe everyone. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, crusinthrough said:

2024 and 2025 prices will go down by the time final payment rolls around.  Book a refundable deposit and monitor prices. 

Are you not able to reprice a cruise when the price drops if you have a nonrefundable deposit?  I believe I have done this in the past. Currently, refundable deposit bookings cost significantly more 😳

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

Not all countries around the world have refundable deposits and price drops. 

They did throw the UK a bone on that one ...

image.png.44b7006c40624b7abe847d970bf4f792.png

Still useless for booking in 2024/25 but something for those booking closer in at least...

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

There are many ex Celebrity cruisers on the Oceania board.  Perhaps shop Oceania and Viking?

The ships are too small for me I would be bored after the first day. Plus they are not cheap.

9 hours ago, Duanerice1 said:

We'll be on in another month.  I convinced my wife to pay more because we get free room service and a hot breakfast.... then they took that away so we'll see.  We use(d) room service a lot.

What $10.00 and people are still crying about this. 10X$10.00 = $100.00 if you are short 100 bucks use your free OBC.

I have noticed the cruises I like cut back the number of nights along with increased prices.

For example, 2023 Apex Trans Atlantic is 15 nights 2024 is 13 nights plus the price is higher.

My Celebrity Suite 2023 TA is $14,000.00 but 2024 is priced at $24,000.00 for two fewer nights. So I overpaid for a Sky Suite but could take an Ocean View for a lot less. They have lots of unsold suites for 2024 so at least I could book one that I liked.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Mark_T said:

They did throw the UK a bone on that one ...

image.png.44b7006c40624b7abe847d970bf4f792.png

Still useless for booking in 2024/25 but something for those booking closer in at least...

If you have a refundable deposit or even a non refundable deposit you still can reprice your cruise before final payment date 

With a non refundable deposit you lose some money but it still could be worth it to reprice 

• Thanks 1

Almost any vacation I have been looking at, All Inclusive/Cruise/Land etc have gone up tremendously and there have been cuts across the board on many things.  I shop around and talk to various Travel Agents, 2 are good friends of mine, and its all just finding the right deal now.  Been lucky with getting decent group rates for Celebrity on my next cruises.  I cxled out my AI i usually go to this year because prices have gone up so much.  Also on a big budget as have a TA scheduled next year and spending an extra 2 weeks in Italy after the cruise.