Price Comparison For The Same Category 2018 versus 2024

Keith1010

This is sounding like grade school.

My basketball is bigger and better than yours.  I have the best bicycle faster and sleeker than your.

And I thought this thread was about price comparisons between current and past pricing on Crystal.

Keith

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, bitob said:

Imo seabourn square is unmatched as a feature on any ship. Brilliant concept. Surprised no other line has duplicated it.  

Yes it was revolutionary and some were sceptical but it seems to have been a great success.

• Like 1

To me, the price comparisons are no longer the greatest factor in making my decision to cruise between Crystal (old) and Crystal (new), or any other line.  Now, it's the passengers who comment on CC who believe that it is necessary, for whatever reason, to denigrate a cruise line to make "a point" either against an individual or individuals, or the cruise line itself.  

I have had the privilege of sailing on the majority of luxury lines and, also, those lines that don't fit the "luxury" category.  I have participated on the CC site for years and have experienced how beneficial the site can be as a resource for cruising.  

I look forward to posts from passengers who want to compare the new Crystal to the old Crystal, and not posts that compare them to other cruise lines. IMO, those posts are posted to create conflict rather than provide information that would help one make a choice between cruise lines.

Although I am on "hold" before booking a Crystal cruise, I have other cruises booked, and am reading the threads on all of the cruise lines that are possibilities.  

(As I side note, I have previously compared Regent, Crystal, and Seabourn, but hope that I did it in such a way that it explored what I found positive and not so positive about each cruise line).

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

This is sounding like grade school.

My basketball is bigger and better than yours.  I have the best bicycle faster and sleeker than your.

And I thought this thread was about price comparisons between current and past pricing on Crystal.

Keith

Not at all.  Amenities, whatever they may be, are part of the price/value equation.  If certain things are on other luxury lines and you can sail on those lines for less, that goes into the equation. Bars, lounges, jigsaw puzzles, whatever.  I look at a lot of different things before I decide which cruise line I book.  I think someone on here always says “choice is good” 😉

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, cruisr said:

Not at all.  Amenities, whatever they may be, are part of the price/value equation.  If certain things are on other luxury lines and you can sail on those lines for less, that goes into the equation. Bars, lounges, jigsaw puzzles, whatever.  I look at a lot of different things before I decide which cruise line I book.  I think someone on here always says “choice is good” 😉

Choice  is good but this thread was supposed to be about Crystal pricing of today versus prior pricing on Crystal. There is another thread comparing pricing on multiple lines  that is the thread that one can compare.  With that said some of the posts do remind me of grade school. 

Mariners gets it.

Keith 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Roland4 said:

That's interesting. There is no open deck forward on this ship, possibly because there is no Deck 12, it ends at 11. The Observatory Library on Deck 11 forward is the only place on the ship, other than the bridge camera, that you can look forward. It's also where the board games and card tables (didn't notice a puzzle) are located so it can be a bit noisy.

Larry - on Silver Muse the door to it is on the port side of the Deck 11 forward lounge and you walk up the stairs to the deck - is that not the case on the later builds? It’s certainly not “advertised” but is accessible to guests. It’s a bit like the forward observation decks on a Serenity which aren’t widely known about but are idea for external viewing 

The access stairs from Deck 11 forward lounge - port side 

BDF7C553-7A04-4492-A9DD-EBA576574B4C.thumb.jpeg.1bf5741ed4f52bb31897c6407cd1fca1.jpeg

You can’t access this part 

E13F31BE-EBEE-4AE5-81EA-96B4B8806717.thumb.jpeg.6f298785931d1ef892e88243e9615c60.jpeg

But this is available for guest use and provides a great view 

BF9342A4-78D5-4AE6-B31A-CF4F5D4741C7.thumb.jpeg.48568e8f7783d94c17aba2f36ea39e73.jpeg

46 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

Choice  is good but this thread was supposed to be about Crystal pricing of today versus prior pricing on Crystal. There is another thread comparing pricing on multiple lines  that is the thread that one can compare.  

Gosh a CC thread that wandered off topic when a member posted about another line and another corrected them to avoid others being misled - but remains focussed on cruising information and a comparison of cruise lines - now that’s a first….

The CC hosts run the threads and moderation - if you think somethings outside the guidelines then use the report function rather then lecturing other members  

If you don’t like it then it’s always an option to scroll on past 

Disagreeing with opinions or information is not a reason for it to be deleted 

Edited by Stickman1990
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

Gosh a CC thread that wandered off topic - but remains focussed on cruising information and a comparison of cruise lines - now that’s a first….

The CC hosts run the threads and moderation - if you think somethings outside the guidelines then use the report function rather then lecturing other members  

If you don’t like it then it’s always an option to scroll on past 

Disagreeing with opinions or information is not a reason for it to be deleted 

I am just stating fact.

And yes after I posted that this was about Crystal a very nice poster started a new thread.

Mariners has  it right.

And I do not ask for posts to be deleted. 

but if I want to learn about Silversea,  Seabourn, Regent or any other line I know to go to their boards. 

• Like 1

All the posters who respond to these posts that mention other cruise lines have it right   Cruise critic belongs to its members 

the threads develop based on interests of the group and are not controlled by the poster who starts the thread. 

7 minutes ago, bitob said:

All the posters who respond to these posts that mention other cruise lines have it right   Cruise critic belongs to its members 

the threads develop based on interests of the group and are not controlled by the poster who starts the thread. 

You do know this is not my first rodeo so I am very familiar with CC.

If I want to know about other cruise lines I know to go to their boards.  And I have. 

All threads on this board do not need to turn into comparisons with other lines.

Next. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

You do know this is not my first rodeo so I am very familiar with CC.

If I want to know about other cruise lines I know to go to their boards.  And I have. 

All threads on this board do not need to turn into comparisons with other lines.

Next. 

The threads are going where participants want them to go. You may not like it but apparently that is what participants want 

learning about other cruise lines on their home boards does not give crystal cruisers the perspective of someone who has cruised crystal and knows the crystal product. That has become obvious as there has been a huge demand for information about competing lines on the crystal boards

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bitob said:

The threads are going where participants want them to go. You may not like it but apparently that is what participants want 

learning about other cruise lines on their home boards does not give crystal cruisers the perspective of someone who has cruised crystal and knows the crystal product. That has become obvious as there has been a huge demand for information about competing lines on the crystal boards

A thread that is focused on comparing new Crystal pricing to previous Crystal pricing does not need a comparison to another cruise line.

Likewise on the SS board if someone asks how ,any formal nights on a SS cruises they do not need to know what other cruise lines do.

This is not my first rodeo.

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

A thread that is focused on comparing new Crystal pricing to previous Crystal pricing does not need a comparison to another cruise line.

Likewise on the SS board if someone asks how ,any formal nights on a SS cruises they do not need to know what other cruise lines do.

This is not my first rodeo.

Crystal went under. The rodeo has changed 

21 hours ago, bitob said:

Are they going to post and share?

Those I refer to have posted

I posted regarding my disappointment with SS on an Alaskan 14 day B2B last summer and like many I have seen posted negative experiences. Not sure where you look but to me there have been about as many who liked it as well as OC as those of us that did not. Also those of us that liked Seabourn better than SS but others just the opposite. Not surprising because it is so personal and subjective. You continue to question others opinions.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

Larry - on Silver Muse the door to it is on the port side of the Deck 11 forward lounge and you walk up the stairs to the deck - is that not the case on the later builds? It’s certainly not “advertised” but is accessible to guests. It’s a bit like the forward observation decks on a Serenity which aren’t widely known about but are idea for external viewing 

BDF7C553-7A04-4492-A9DD-EBA576574B4C.thumb.jpeg.1bf5741ed4f52bb31897c6407cd1fca1.jpeg

E13F31BE-EBEE-4AE5-81EA-96B4B8806717.thumb.jpeg.6f298785931d1ef892e88243e9615c60.jpeg

BF9342A4-78D5-4AE6-B31A-CF4F5D4741C7.thumb.jpeg.48568e8f7783d94c17aba2f36ea39e73.jpeg

Good pictures sailing the UK in the summer.

4 minutes ago, Jimmycruiser said:

I posted regarding my disappointment with SS on an Alaskan 14 day B2B last summer and like many I have seen posted negative experiences. Not sure where you look but to me there have been about as many who liked it as well as OC as those of us that did not. Also those of us that liked Seabourn better than SS but others just the opposite. Not surprising because it is so personal and subjective. You continue to question others opinions.

I don’t question others opinions. I question when someone posts something like…..and none of my friends liked it or everyone I know said food was awful … or everyone I know is booking crystal of everyone I know said regent service was not as good as crystal

who believes this stuff?

this is all baseless bootstrapping. An old trick. I read your personal review and I respect it. Personal opinions based on experience carry a lot of weight. This other stuff is nonsense and should be ignored 

• Like 2

I can think of plenty of threads that went off topic (caviar comes to mind) and plenty of people happily chimed in and nobody complained. 

Everyone’s comparison opinions, good or bad, right or wrong, are helpful to me. I can skip what I don’t want to read. I can figure out myself what to ignore. I don’t give a hoot what the thread title is. 

I love Crystal and will sail them again. But I don’t understand this business of limiting posts to only positive things about Crystal.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Cruise-y said:

I can think of plenty of threads that went off topic (caviar comes to mind) and plenty of people happily chimed in and nobody complained. 

Everyone’s comparison opinions, good or bad, right or wrong, are helpful to me. I can skip what I don’t want to read. I can figure out myself what to ignore. I don’t give a hoot what the thread title is. 

I love Crystal and will sail them again. But I don’t understand this business of limiting posts to only positive things about Crystal.

This is not a positive thread. Just simply comparing current pricing to previous pricing. It actually could be a factual thread.  Price today x dollars.  Price in 2018 y dollars. 

26 minutes ago, bitob said:

I don’t question others opinions. I question when someone posts something like…..and none of my friends liked it or everyone I know said food was awful … or everyone I know is booking crystal of everyone I know said regent service was not as good as crystal

who believes this stuff?

this is all baseless bootstrapping. An old trick. I read your personal review and I respect it. Personal opinions based on experience carry a lot of weight. This other stuff is nonsense and should be ignored 

Read your post #80. Not sure why you challenged it which is what I was responding to. I agree with you regarding those that exaggerate or make huge generalizations that are easy to recognize and ignore. It is scary that “All your friends” that were on SS with you loved SS and rebooked. 

1 minute ago, Keith1010 said:

This is not a positive thread. Just simply comparing current pricing to previous pricing. It actually could be a factual thread.  Price today x dollars.  Price in 2018 y dollars. 

I think the comparison in old versus new prices will dictate whether posters view it as positive or negative.

OC used to be good value cruiseing now NC has upped the prices for the same ships as it had to but some guests will not be happy or able to pay the new prices.

8 minutes ago, Mr Luxury said:

I think the comparison in old versus new prices will dictate whether posters view it as positive or negative.

OC used to be good value cruiseing now NC has upped the prices for the same ships as it had to but some guests will not be happy or able to pay the new prices.

Maybe but if this is all about positive I would never have started this thread. 

Regardless we have another thread comparing pricing between cruise lines. A great opportunity to compare lines and for everyone to praise or criticize another line. Sad that we have to beat this to death. 

for those who want to make every thread about Crystal a comparison to other cruise lines mission accomplished    

9 minutes ago, Jimmycruiser said:

Read your post #80. Not sure why you challenged it which is what I was responding to. I agree with you regarding those that exaggerate or make huge generalizations that are easy to recognize and ignore. It is scary that “All your friends” that were on SS with you loved SS and rebooked. 

?? We sailed ss alone twice. One couple we know went to Galapagos on ss and booked 2 more expeditions. I think they posted 

there were 8 of us on regent. We all loved the cruise. Everyone posted I believe 

reread  post 80

accurate

stickman

laexny

they posted 

Edited by bitob

1 hour ago, bitob said:

?? We sailed ss alone twice. One couple we know went to Galapagos on ss and booked 2 more expeditions. I think they posted 

there were 8 of us on regent. We all loved the cruise. Everyone posted I believe 

reread  post 80

accurate

stickman

laexny

they posted 

I do not understand your response. Did you read your post #80! You said “Everyone we know” loved  SS and rebooked. Sounds to me you were making it sound like many more than didn’t which is what you were challenging and I was taking exception too. But you can have the last word if you want.

20 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

Found it!! Didn't notice the door the one time we were in that lounge. It was far too windy, and too much saltspray in the air to actually go up there though!

• Like 1