No exchanges anymore for mini bar to coffee?

teacherplus

He's a real novel approach to the beverage packages.  Scratch all the names that confuse everyone.

1.  Soda and more includes *wi-fi and crew incentive.  (cost would be wi-fi $ + gratuities + $20 (or about 3 sodas).

2.  Light drinker package includes *wi-fi and crew incentive.  (cost would be wi-fi $ + gratuities + limit 3 alcoholic drinks. (say maybe $40)

3.  Plus Package as is for $60

4.  Premier. Package as is for $80

Brewed coffee, hot chocolate, bottled water, fountain soda unlimited.  Specialty coffees would be a tick under paid beverage allotment.

I haven't worked the numbers down to the pennies, but offering different packages on a sliding scale seems to be a responsible thing to do rather wipe out everything.  AND yes, the computer "should" be able to tell when a passenger has maxed out it's drinks. 

* Also wi-fi would be factored in on an average lower than $15/day (Elite/Platinum plus non divided by group will yield a price less than $15....so the average maybe be $11).

Just a starting point.  I am sure others will have good ideas to modify plans.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, coo359a2 said:

Nope, they called room service and was told no. I asked the Loyalty and Events Manager and she said that package was no longer offered.  I pre bought the $38 (?) package last December for our cruise in September. Asked at  Guest Services what would happen to what I had purchased and was told it would go to OBC if I didn’t cancel it before the cruise 

I do not believe what they said.  If Princess was currently cancelling Coffee packages previously purchased, a lot of people would be really complaining.  

12 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

I do not believe what they said.  If Princess was currently cancelling Coffee packages previously purchased, a lot of people would be really complaining.  

From some reports that is exactly what they are doing.  Previously purchased get refunded.  Not available for purchase or minibar swap.

Probably not that many purchase.  Those that do are probably not CC members.  More CC members seemed to be upset about the card going away because they swap the mini bar, more than purchase it.

Many that might have in the past now get the + or premium packages so not impacted.

Edited by ldtr

58 minutes ago, ldtr said:

From some reports that is exactly what they are doing.  Previously purchased get refunded.  Not available for purchase or minibar swap.

Probably not that many purchase.  Those that do are probably not CC members.  More CC members seemed to be upset about the card going away because they swap the mini bar, more than purchase it.

Many that might have in the past now get the + or premium packages so not impacted.

Agree. Most on CC are upset it's no longer available since they swap the minibar out for the coffee package.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ldtr said:

I agree that most Coffee packages were from swaps or Plus/Premier packages.

Are you saying that you have read postings where Princess actually reneged on a Purchased Coffee Package.  Someone on a cruise?

is there anyone currently on a cruise that are using a Coffee package that they previously purchased?

Edited by jagoffee

7 hours ago, jagoffee said:

It just another way of forcing people into buying the overpriced packages. Sure many of the people who switched our their setups will be ticked at the elimination but some of them will be buying a package of some sort and simply don't care.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Are you saying that you have read postings where Princess actually reneged on a Purchased Coffee Package.  Someone on a cruise?

is there anyone currently on a cruise that are using a Coffee package that they previously purchased?

I will know for sure in September if we get OBC for the amount  I paid for the old coffee card pkg.  Guest Services on the Regal cruise we are now on told me about getting OBC for the amount I paid. Don’t have the Plus pkg for that cruise so thought DH would enjoy the 15 specialty coffees plus brewed coffee for the 24 day crossing. He will just get the regular coffee if no package like he did when we first started cruising 

Edited by coo359a2
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, jagoffee said:

I’ve read post by some in the recent “live from” threads saying it had happened on their voyage. Can’t recall if they personally had it happen or if it was someone onboard they knew. 
We have two pre-purchased cards for our upcoming voyage in about 4 weeks and yes we also planned to exchange our bar setup for two more.  It’s an 18 voyage and there are 3 of us traveling so we expected to need them all. 
I will not be a ‘happy camper’ if they are not honored but expect they probably won’t based on what I’ve read here. 

Edited by gottagocit
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, gottagocit said:

I’ve read post by some in the recent “live from” threads saying it had happened on their voyage. Can’t recall if they personally had it happen or if it was someone onboard they knew. 
We have two pre-purchased cards for our upcoming voyage in about 4 weeks and yes we also planned to exchange our bar setup for two more.  It’s an 18 voyage and there are 3 of us traveling so we expected to need them all. 
I will not be a ‘happy camper’ if they are not honored but expect they probably won’t based on what I’ve read here. 

Many reports stating that one cannot swap out the mini bar set up for the Coffee package, so unless Princess changes the program you will be disappointed in that part of the policy.

I suspect the two prepaid purchased ones will be honored.

3 hours ago, Mary Ellen1 said:

I pre-purchased the coffee package for my March 4-11 Discovery Princess cruise and it was honored. 

The only ship that I have seen has reported coffee swaps from mini bar and 15 coffee pkg still available has been the Discovery. So if you are not on the Discovery, expect to be disappointed. It can’t be too long before Discovery follows is my thinking.

20 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Yes, there have been posts from people that said that they had prepurchased coffee cards, but were told when they got on ship that it was nolonger available and were refunded. One post was from someone doing a b2b. During the first cruise they were told to be sure and use their 15 up because it would not be usable on the next cruise. Their package for the next cruise was refunded.

9 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Not surprised. Good news for those that pre purchased the coffee package.

Only if you are on Discovery. No idea they are not in lockstep with the rest of the fleet.

On 3/19/2023 at 9:11 AM, jagoffee said:

I believe Princess may have some time ago also eliminated the wine bottle packages

On the Majestic last week our dinner companions had purchased the wine package

On 3/18/2023 at 4:43 PM, Shelly97060 said:

A slight topic detour but for what it’s worth… I boarded Crown yesterday and in Ocean Concierge ( NOT medallion App) the Coffee Package is still listed as available. 

This is not the coffee package that previously the Elite setup could be traded for.

That package had unlimited fresh brewed coffee along with hot chocolate and teas plus the 15 specialty coffees. This new package (if really available) just has the 15 specialty coffees according to the description.

Sorry, I know it's been posted before but I just can't seem to find the answer.

What are the rules for switching items in the room setup?

I know that liquor can be switched for soda, water or Perrier but can soda and water be switched for Perrier? 

Thanks.

On 3/18/2023 at 10:03 PM, cr8tiv1 said:

He's a real novel approach to the beverage packages.  Scratch all the names that confuse everyone.

1.  Soda and more includes *wi-fi and crew incentive.  (cost would be wi-fi $ + gratuities + $20 (or about 3 sodas).

2.  Light drinker package includes *wi-fi and crew incentive.  (cost would be wi-fi $ + gratuities + limit 3 alcoholic drinks. (say maybe $40)

3.  Plus Package as is for $60

4.  Premier. Package as is for $80

Brewed coffee, hot chocolate, bottled water, fountain soda unlimited.  Specialty coffees would be a tick under paid beverage allotment.

I haven't worked the numbers down to the pennies, but offering different packages on a sliding scale seems to be a responsible thing to do rather wipe out everything.  AND yes, the computer "should" be able to tell when a passenger has maxed out it's drinks. 

* Also wi-fi would be factored in on an average lower than $15/day (Elite/Platinum plus non divided by group will yield a price less than $15....so the average maybe be $11).

Just a starting point.  I am sure others will have good ideas to modify plans.

I like the 'Light Drinker' concept. I want coffee, water, soft drinks, and a few alchohol drinks per day, along with grats. At a price point less than $60/day. I dont think we will ever see such a thing. They want to sell the expensive packages to us light drinkers to make up  for those who really do  order 15 drinks per day!

Edited by Buckeye10640
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Buckeye10640 said:

I like the 'Light Drinker' concept. I want coffee, water, soft drinks, and a few alchohol drinks per day, along with grats. At a price point less than $60/day. I dont think we will ever see such a thing. They want to sell the expensive packages to us light drinkers to make up  for those who really do  order 15 drinks per day!

That's the way I see it. They're making me pay for the heavy drinkers but of course it's not as much of a profit for Princess.

We'll just buy what we want as in the old days and be perfectly happy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/18/2023 at 10:03 PM, cr8tiv1 said:

I have suggested similar in this thread.  It makes sense to me to offer a plus package for soda, wifi and tips, and coffee, wifi and tips, and I guess soda/coffee, wifi and tips.

But these packages they offer must be cash cows for them because they are pushing them hard.  Also the soda package by itself is what, $15/day, so $20 might be a bit light, but $30 for the soda plus, and $40 for the soda/coffee plus seems more reasonable.

On 3/20/2023 at 4:30 AM, 555 said:

Sorry, I know it's been posted before but I just can't seem to find the answer.

What are the rules for switching items in the room setup?

I know that liquor can be switched for soda, water or Perrier but can soda and water be switched for Perrier? 

Thanks.

On our recent cruise on the Sky, we switched out everything for Perrier. We got either 20 or 24 bottles. I thought 14; hubby thought 20.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

On our recent cruise on the Sky, we switched out everything for Perrier. We got either 20 or 24 bottles. I thought 14; hubby thought 20.

I thought the same thing but wasn't absolutely sure. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/21/2023 at 12:05 PM, Sea Hag said:

You could always swap any alcohol items for any other alcohol items and any non alcohol for any non alcohol. Additionally you could swap alcohol to non alcohol items so since the minibar consists of 10 alcohol and 10 non alcohol items, 20 Perrier is a possibility.

• Like 1

We just did something we have never done before, cancelled a cruise. We have booked and completed 43 Princess cruises totalling 444 days. But, there is a first for everything. We have always been more than satisfied with our time onboard Princess but the combination of steady reduction of Elite Perks along with a bunch of other problems all related to booking with Princess has made us realize after 10 years of exclusive loyalty that we made a mistake. So, we’re starting over looking around elsewhere. No one or two or even three of these complaints are worth this drastic action but I didn’t bore you with all the rest of the apparently unresolvable problems and three attempts to discuss with Customer Relations has led to no attempted contact from them. We are more than disappointed.

Edited by AE_Collector
  • Like 1