Oasis of the Seas Live - We’ve been Saved by the Bell 🐾🐾 March 12-19, 2023. ​​​​​​​

27 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Bella2 is out of PC. Maybe he just wants to change things up.

I wouldnt mind a southern 9 day myself. .. though PC has 8 days. I was on this cruise and dont know how the dates were chosen or who was in on the deciding. I'm with seadog and would like oct, usually cheaper. 

Chose January originally because I need time to get acclimated to life at home. It morphed into February to avoid a potential charter. Return from UWC Sept 11, October was to close. 

Chose PC because that's the only chance to include Bell pre cruise

But Ellen was referring to Allure out of PC starting this fall as an option for OB to see Mama Mia

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

Chose January originally because I need time to get acclimated to life at home. It morphed into February to avoid a potential charter. Return from UWC Sept 11, October was to close. 

And here I thought you picked PC for me:classic_sad:

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

16 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

But Ellen was referring to Allure out of PC starting this fall as an option for OB to see Mama Mia

Oh I had no idea we might get to meet Bella precruise. Didnt hear this mentioned. Great  news. I'd rather meet the real Bella. 

I saw mama mia on allure and it was the best ever. 

• Like 5

10 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

As I was putting my final thoughts together it make me think of the ending of a classic 80s movie, The Breakfast Club. 

Dear Cruise Critic Members. We accept the fact that we had to survive a whole week on a cruise during Spring Break.  But we thought you're crazy to make us write a review, telling you who we think we are. You see us as you want to see us - in the simplest terms, in the most convenient definitions. 

But what we found out is that one of us is a flow rider and story teller…another is a great organizer with Lady Luck on her side...one is the keeper of Bella and master vintner...and the last is a great documentarian and expert of bourbon.  What we have in common, is a life long friendship.

Does that answer your question? 

Sincerely yours,

The Bella Club.

Well done!  Stretching this analogy more than you ever meant it to be stretched...Sue must be either Molly Ringwald (the Princess) or Ally Sheedy (the basket case) as the only girl in the group.  She gets to choose which. 😁  Greg must be Anthony Michael Hall (the brain) because of his Video/Photo skills. Andrew would be Emilio Estevez (the athlete) because of his flowriding skills.  That would leave John as Judd Nelson (the criminal).  Did John break any rules on this cruise that we don't know about?

Hard to believe that movie was almost 40 years ago.

• Like 4
  • Haha 12

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Oh I had no idea we might get to meet Bella precruise. Didnt hear this mentioned. Great  news. I'd rather meet the real Bella. 

I saw mama mia on allure and it was the best ever. 

Tentative plan is late afternoon the day before. Probably at the Cove

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Well done!  Stretching this analogy more than you ever meant it to be stretched...Sue must be either Molly Ringwald (the Princess) or Ally Sheedy (the basket case) as the only girl in the group.  She gets to choose which. 😁  Greg must be Anthony Michael Hall (the brain) because of his Video/Photo skills. Andrew would be Emilio Estevez (the athlete) because of his flowriding skills.  That would leave John as Judd Nelson (the criminal).  Did John break any rules on this cruise that we don't know about?

Hard to believe that movie was almost 40 years ago.

I wanna be the Janitor

Bell is the Princess at home

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 4
  • Haha 8

13 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Ok, this is just a rumor, but I read on FB that Utopia is coming to PC in summer 2024 to take over for Allure on the 3/4 night cruises.

Just a rumor 

I heard the same thing . I imagine the cost of a 4 night will exceed the cost of a 7 night on older Oasis class ships. I looked at a B2B on the 3/4 nite Allure for next spring and it was more than a 7 night on Harmony. . 

• Thanks 1

I thought B-1 was scheduled to coincide with Laura's birthday ?  I guess I assumed (always a bad idea) that B-2 would similarly be linked to Laura's b'day.  The dates are irrelevant to us (save the Jan. potential for a charter).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

I thought B-1 was scheduled to coincide with Laura's birthday ?  I guess I assumed (always a bad idea) that B-2 would similarly be linked to Laura's b'day.  The dates are irrelevant to us (save the Jan. potential for a charter).

It was Laura's birthday. 

I think some of us would rather not cruise during spring break. Hotels and airfare were both extra high. 2k kids onboard. 

• Like 8

12 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

As I was putting my final thoughts together it make me think of the ending of a classic 80s movie, The Breakfast Club. 

Dear Cruise Critic Members. We accept the fact that we had to survive a whole week on a cruise during Spring Break.  But we thought you're crazy to make us write a review, telling you who we think we are. You see us as you want to see us - in the simplest terms, in the most convenient definitions. 

But what we found out is that one of us is a flow rider and story teller…another is a great organizer with Lady Luck on her side...one is the keeper of Bella and master vintner...and the last is a great documentarian and expert of bourbon.  What we have in common, is a life long friendship.

Does that answer your question? 

Sincerely yours,

The Bella Club.

Awesome analogy Andrew!!!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

It was Laura's birthday. 

I think some of us would rather not cruise during spring break. Hotels and airfare were both extra high. 2k kids onboard. 

I am forever out of any cruise that might be a spring break cruise.  Which is why Bell1 was never going to work for me.  I have done my one for a lifetime University of Florida Spring Break cruise!

jc

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Ok, this is just a rumor, but I read on FB that Utopia is coming to PC in summer 2024 to take over for Allure on the 3/4 night cruises.

Just a rumor 

Isn't it unusual for the newest flagship of the fleet to take over short cruises so soon after launch?  I would have thought it would get the alternating 7 day itineraries out of Miami or FLL.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

The last time I was on Serenade the ship still had a Seaview Cafe.

Same thing for me. Back in 2008 or 2009 I think, out of San Juan.

I'm not sure if it's just nostalgia but I really liked Seaview Cafe.  Personally, I think every ship that has Johnny Rockets should replace it with Seaview Cafe. Although I believe on Serenade Seaview was replaced with Izumi?

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Isn't it unusual for the newest flagship of the fleet to take over short cruises so soon after launch?  I would have thought it would get the alternating 7 day itineraries out of Miami or FLL.

If this happens, it's probably because the 'bean counters' in charge have run revenue analysis and discovered that shorter cruises have a higher spend ratio than 7 night cruises.  

This hypothesis is from a 'bean counter'.  😁  When they put Jason Liberty in charge, I figured it was to start seriously counting pennies. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, barbeyg said:

If this happens, it's probably because the 'bean counters' in charge have run revenue analysis and discovered that shorter cruises have a higher spend ratio than 7 night cruises.  

This hypothesis is from a 'bean counter'.  😁  When they put Jason Liberty in charge, I figured it was to start seriously counting pennies. 

Makes sense. Also a great way to "wow" new customers and entice them to spend $$ for longer cruises! 

By 2024, there will be more O-class ships than any other so might as well spread them out.

• Like 4