Finding Ducks

7 minutes ago, princessD said:

I’m sure this has been asked before, but didn’t scroll through the other page’s.

Can someone tell me how this works? Sounds like fun.

Thanks

People buy plastic ducks and hide them on the ship for others to find and either keep or re-hide.  Most of the time there’s a tag with a note about where the duck started and a FB page or something etc.  Somw people like the idea and others hate it and throw them in the garbage immediately.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ARandomTraveler said:

I found one on the symphony, but since I don't have a Facebook account I wasn't able to participate so I just re-hid it. 

FWIW....you don't -have to- post a picture....just enjoy!

• Like 2

Just now, Wilson said:

Correction:

2. Toss duck in trash

Too bad you have never seen the joy on the face of a 5 year old who has just found a duck in Central Park.

What's the problem with bringing a little bit of happiness to a kid?

• Like 25
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Too bad you have never seen the joy on the face of a 5 year old who has just found a duck in Central Park.

We had a young girl, dressed for formal night, on our last cruise that went wild when someone pointed out a duck hidden in the elevator we were on.  She was super excited. Her mom commented that the girl had spent a lot of her cruise finding ducks all over the ship!   

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, yogimax said:

I think they are cute.  For kids.  The adults....Well that's a little different.  I equate it to adults who wear Mouse Ears at Disneyland.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

When they start hiding $100 bills, I’ll start looking…..

Found one once that had $5 tucked in the card. GS got the duck and his piggy bank got the $5😇

Edited by orville99
  • Like 2

Would it be wrong for me to take all the ducks I've collected - can't tell you the number of times I've been ducked as a Jeep Wrangler driver - and use them to hide on the ship?

I don't get the scrooges who throw the ducks out. They are cute little surprises. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Universal Orlando has something similar.  The facebook page is something like "UOR Rocks."  People make little themed crafts, originally painted rocks, and hide them around.  

I was reading about it how the ducks started with one little girl not that long ago and took off.   The cruising friends we are travelling with really enjoy it.   The mom prepares the ducks and the teens hide them around.