stupid question #357....

j3000

8 minutes ago, jargey3000 said:

Water? is it still do-able to bring a refillable water bottle onboard & get it re-filled as needed, at the buffet or bars or whatever? on Celebrity Silhouette BTW...

Hardly a stupid question  You may indeed refill your own container with water. They do ask that you not refill the bottle directly from a dispenser, but instead use a glass to transfer water from the dispenser to your container.  This is a health protection measure mandated by regulatory agencies,a nd does make good sense when one thinks about it; but you're absolutely able to use your own container, and it's far better for the environment.

Harris

Denver, CO

• Like 9

You can fill it at the stations in the buffet.   Like any refillable container they request that you fill it from a clean glass and not directly from the dispenser.  In your cabin you can do it any way you want from any water source.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 2

My wife & I always bring Yeti style cups on the cruise with us.  We use it for occasions like this as well as pool side to transfer frozen drinks (lets them melt slower).  We also leave them at dinner time and the ask the room attendant to fill the cups w ice instead of the ice bucket.

Edited by Team Stag

18 hours ago, jargey3000 said:

Water? is it still do-able to bring a refillable water bottle onboard & get it re-filled as needed, at the buffet or bars or whatever? on Celebrity Silhouette BTW...

So what was stupid question number #356?  Maybe this is stupid question #358?  😁

• Haha 6

20 hours ago, miched said:

You can fill it at the stations in the buffet.

We did this last year, although there was no shortage of Celebrity (aluminum) bottled H2O on our cruise that we could pour into refillable bottles.

At that time, we just filled our bottles directly. I didn't know any better, though, and things might be different six months later!

cjr

7 hours ago, Team Stag said:

fill the cups w ice instead of the ice bucket.

@Team Stag reminds me of something else we did: we used the ice-bucket melt to fill our bottles.

Not trying to be "super green" here; just seemed wasteful to dump melted ice-water down the drain every morning.

cjr

• Like 3

On 3/15/2023 at 9:14 AM, Team Stag said:

My wife & I always bring Yeti style cups on the cruise with us.  We use it for occasions like this as well as pool side to transfer frozen drinks (lets them melt slower).  We also leave them at dinner time and the ask the room attendant to fill the cups w ice instead of the ice bucket.

The Yeti is the best cruise must have since water.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Germancruiser said:

Stupid question No. 358- is the water in the faucets in the cabin proclaimed drinking water?

I don't think your question is stupid, @Germancruiser.

I didn't find the cabin tap-water on our cruise had a bad taste or smell or anything like that, but I did tend to drink the bottled water (or even the melted ice-bucket water). You can definitely drink the tap water, but with so much other H2O available, there's really no need to.

Thinking about it, though, I wonder if that's just because we're so conditioned now to bottled/filtered water?

cjr

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, kitty-sail said:

Is bottled water supplied to cabins?  Or is tap water the only option for drinking.

I do not recall bottled water being provided in our stateroom except when we have sailed in a suite.  We have used our drink package to get bottled water from the bars and taken it back to our stateroom.   We have also used the glasses in the room, ice from the ice bucket, and tap water many times.

In addition to bottle water, there are water stations in the Ocean View Cafe.  Also, you can ask at any bar for a glass of water instead of a bottle and not be charged if you do not have a drink package. 

Edited by DaKahuna
  • Like 1