Chair hogs be warned

melbur

On 3/27/2023 at 9:09 AM, loug1601 said:

Did they place the pink notices on the chair backs, and did nothing?

Or, they did nothing, including no notices placed on chairs?

Right!  What's the point of putting the notices on the chairs if you're going to leave the towel there as well.

2 minutes ago, carlosalonsor said:

It's funny how always Chair Hogs says that they go to the WJ for a "quick" breakfast... 

Their definition of quick is somehow relative.

They are probably going there to save seats for their lunch too. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, island lady said:

I don't understand kids in the hot tub at all anyway.  I remember seeing signs on some ships that state no children under 16 allowed.  Has that changed?

And Bubba, with his bucket of beer next to him, sitting the hot tub for hours with no breaks...ummm....🤢

The hot tubs in the Solarium are 16 and over but I don't think that there are age restrictions on the others.

My husband jokes about the people sitting and drinking in the pools and hot tubs for hours without breaks every. single. cruise.   At this point, I think he is just doing it because it amuses him to gross me out.  🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

They are probably going there to save seats for their lunch too. 😉

I'm going to have to start checking out more towels... lounger in the sun, lounger in the shade, WJ table, theater seat....

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I'm going to have to start checking out more towels... lounger in the sun, lounger in the shade, WJ table, theater seat....

I once put a blue towel on a chair in my cabin and held it for 6 days without using it.  I never received one complaint.  So, I guess it's Okay anywhere else.  

Face with Rolling Eyes Emoji Vector Download

• Haha 8

42 minutes ago, Tiggerontheseas said:

My husband jokes about the people sitting and drinking in the pools and hot tubs for hours without breaks every. single. cruise.   At this point, I think he is just doing it because it amuses him to gross me out.  

Believe me, I have the same concerns.😁

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Tiggerontheseas said:

The hot tubs in the Solarium are 16 and over but I don't think that there are age restrictions on the others.

My husband jokes about the people sitting and drinking in the pools and hot tubs for hours without breaks every. single. cruise.   At this point, I think he is just doing it because it amuses him to gross me out.  🤣

You couldn’t pay me enough to go in those hot tubs …… 

• Like 8

8 hours ago, melbur said:

... I think it also helps empower the attendants to rectify the problem, as many have ignored it to avoid confrontation ... 

Yes!  This!  

5 hours ago, gavvy said:

... They were very quick in placing the cards down too, a 5 min restroom break and I had one on my bed.  Just never bothered to check after the 30 min grace period.

Well, in all honesty, the crew is going to come around every hour or so .. if you happened to take your bathroom break at just the right (or wrong?) time, you could get a card, even if you hadn't been chair hogging ... but, if you're back in a few minutes, nothing will come of it.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tiggerontheseas said:

Yeah, it's one of those things that I try not to spend very much time thinking about because I really do love hot tubs.  But, just...ewwww.  

I'm more concerned with the pool as people stay and drink longer than in the hot tubs.

2 hours ago, Tiggerontheseas said:

Indeed...enough to gross anyone out.  Yuck!!  Hot bacteria soup...not something I would feel a need to "bath" in.  😱

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

How about a manikin in the theater seat....maybe holding a sign that states..."Beware...I have Covid".  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, carlosalonsor said:

It's funny how always Chair Hogs says that they go to the WJ for a "quick" breakfast... 

Their definition of quick is somehow relative.

Depending on the size of the ship and a time it is easily doable. At 7 am not many people are in WJ for example. On older ships like Vision class you will see more people in WJ earlier, but WJ itself is much closer and smaller.

Again... people eat different portions. I eat maybe a pouched egg with a sauce, small piece of bacon and onions. It is at worst 15 minutes. 🙂

3 minutes ago, Tatka said:

Depending on the size of the ship and a time it is easily doable. At 7 am not many people are in WJ for example. On older ships like Vision class you will see more people in WJ earlier, but WJ itself is much closer and smaller.

Again... people eat different portions. I eat maybe a pouched egg with a sauce, small piece of bacon and onions. It is at worst 15 minutes. 🙂

No one would have a problem with you being gone for 15 minutes to grab a snack/quick breakfast.  This thread is about the real Hogs that place towels on 5-10 loungers early in the morning, then leave and not show up to use them until afternoon.  That is a problem....not you.   

• Like 3

19 hours ago, LobsterStalker said:

It most definitely is a huge problem 

However the solution is not as easy as you may think without a LOT of collateral damage and pissed off people . For example we are usually at the pool around 7:30-8 AM , and generally will spend most of the day there . Maybe an hour after we get there is when we will take a break and go grab a quick breakfast at windjammer .... 

Should our belongings be removed ?

Should we not leave our things ?

Well if you say yes, you are wrong according to the attendants we have spoken to . They have explained that is perfectly acceptable. 

Take it a different direction ... Someone claims their chair and decides to go cool off in the pool. 

Pool becomes a social interaction and they end up being 2 hours chatting .

Should they come back to a chair with strangers where their belongings were ?

If so , what was the cutoff before they became a hog ?

Is it like go feed the meter every 20 minutes ?

Sit down for a minimum of 30 minutes before you venture back to the pool ?

It is a complex problem with no easy solution , hence the reason the problem exists at the level it does !

Cheers

Gotta totally agree with you.  I am up & at the solarium by 8ish, grabbing a chair for hubby & I.  He’s there between 8:30-9 and then we’ll grab breakfast.  Upon return,  our butts are in or near those loungers all day.  

I think if they just removed towels/belongings until 9:30 or so it would solve half the problems.  I'm usually up pretty early(8am'ish) and find chairs for us where we want to be.  So many chairs that just sit with towels on them until after 10 or 11.  We are usually in the chairs all day except for breakfast(we'll eat lunch in our chairs), and we make sure to be back in 30 minutes.

Dan

• Like 2

Just off the Wonder - I never had an issue getting a seat at the pool or solarium.  Did not see the signs about reserving chairs.  

Now kids in the solarium were a big problem. Whole families brought toddlers, babies and young kids to hang out there as a family. Nothing was done about it even when something was said.  It seems that parents were taking a vacation break from parenting too -  VERY rude and obnoxious kids running wild everywhere.  A teen broke into the arcade prize cabinet and was stealing items.  Another broke the glass on one of the elevators. I heard the whole family was thrown off the ship after that.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Tatka said:

At crowded times, we slip away one at a time, be it to the restroom, to the bar or for a snack. 

If we will both be gone longer we give up our chairs.  

• Like 1