DMW - A new twist on an old issue

PescadoAmarillo

I just received an email notifying us that DH’s dinner reservation for tonight (only, apparently) has been changed. Note:  he is already on the ship and has been dining in that dining room at that time since he boarded. 

Not sure what to make of this, but in his over 7 months of Princess cruising since DMW began, this is a first.  Has anyone else received an email like this?

9275A90E-F348-45D4-8F05-83E68B9166D9.jpeg

5 minutes ago, beg3yrs said:

Maybe, just maybe, there's a Chef's Table happening that night. I've seen the Chef's Table event displace tables before.

Valid thought, but he is at a table for two by a window. We’ll see what happens when he shows up there tonight. But, even so, why an email?  If he didn’t have WiFi on board, he’d never see it. 

1 hour ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Valid thought, but he is at a table for two by a window. We’ll see what happens when he shows up there tonight. But, even so, why an email?  If he didn’t have WiFi on board, he’d never see it. 

Are you saying his all knowing, all wise Medallion is not giving him the message? 🤣

• Haha 1

I’m also curious.  I assume he’s been at the same table with the staff-generated same time:same table reservation type, and they’ve made some minor adjustment, but I have *never* seen an onboard activity from any department other than Future Cruise  generate a guest-facing email.  

4 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

I just received an email notifying us that DH’s dinner reservation for tonight (only, apparently) has been changed. Note:  he is already on the ship and has been dining in that dining room at that time since he boarded. 

Not sure what to make of this, but in his over 7 months of Princess cruising since DMW began, this is a first.  Has anyone else received an email like this?

9275A90E-F348-45D4-8F05-83E68B9166D9.jpeg

I wonder if it's a staffing issue.  Maybe they have staff that are ill and had to close a section of the dining room? I hope he will ask and get an answer.

• Like 1

I just posted a note about a similar experience on the main DMW thread. Yesterday, I changed our 6:20 p.m. ‘shared’ table for four people to a 7 p.m. ‘private’ table for four. Today, I received a similarly worded response  — except they sent me 14 separate emails, one for every night of our upcoming cruise — to confirm my changed times!

I have never received an email, let alone 14, about my dining times before.    So they are being a bit more responsive.

6 minutes ago, LidoLiz said:

I just posted a note about a similar experience on the main DMW thread. Yesterday, I changed our 6:20 p.m. ‘shared’ table for four people to a 7 p.m. ‘private’ table for four. Today, I received a similarly worded response  — except they sent me 14 separate emails, one for every night of our upcoming cruise — to confirm my changed times!

I have never received an email, let alone 14, about my dining times before.    So they are being a bit more responsive.

As folks noted in the other thread your problem was that you "changed" your reservations rather than cancelling them and making new reservations for 4 people. When you changed your reservations for 2 people and added 2 more people you lost your private table. Just redo things and it should work fine.

• Like 1

Very odd.

When we were on the Ruby last fall, it happened that our cruise was at 50% capacity- actually nice for us! However, I didn't notice until we were headed to dinner the 1st night  that ALL of my dining reservations had changed! Due to the low capacity, they decided to close one of the dining rooms---of course, the one where I had made all my reservations. In their infinite wisdom, Princess decided that Time was more important to me than having a private table for DH and me (WRONG!). So, I had to scramble to make all new reservations.

I wonder if they are getting complaints when they make these random changes and sending an email is their solution. It would have been helpful for me, but you are correct that if one didn't have WiFi they wouldn't get the info.

4 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

Very odd.

When we were on the Ruby last fall, it happened that our cruise was at 50% capacity- actually nice for us! However, I didn't notice until we were headed to dinner the 1st night  that ALL of my dining reservations had changed! Due to the low capacity, they decided to close one of the dining rooms---of course, the one where I had made all my reservations. In their infinite wisdom, Princess decided that Time was more important to me than having a private table for DH and me (WRONG!). So, I had to scramble to make all new reservations.

I wonder if they are getting complaints when they make these random changes and sending an email is their solution. It would have been helpful for me, but you are correct that if one didn't have WiFi they wouldn't get the info.

On all of the understaffed and low passenger count cruises they have been closing the dining room on deck 5 - which, of course, is our preferred dining room as it's close to Vines. Both cruises we've had since the restart have done this and both times we were moved to the aft dining room on deck 6. You know - the "you can't get there from here" dining room. On both cruises they also closed Sabatini's.

2 hours ago, VibeGuy said:

I’m also curious.  I assume he’s been at the same table with the staff-generated same time:same table reservation type, and they’ve made some minor adjustment, but I have *never* seen an onboard activity from any department other than Future Cruise  generate a guest-facing email.  

Medical often sends out guest facing e-mails

3 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

DH dined at his regular table last night. No one had any idea why he had received the email. No one even knew that emails like that were ever sent out. It’s a mystery. 

The Princess IT department that brought you the wonderful Medalllion works in strange and mysterious ways. 🤦‍♂️

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

We’ve received a similar email for each day of our 28 day Round Australia cruise beginning on Sunday that I made an MDR reservation for our group moving our time from 6 pm to 5:40 pm.  Just need to start happy hour earlier!

12 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

DH dined at his regular table last night. No one had any idea why he had received the email. No one even knew that emails like that were ever sent out. It’s a mystery. 

They are trying a new program on some of the ships.  They responded to ONE of my cancelled DMW reservations.  We canceled many, if we were not going to be there at night, as we went to winemakers dinner, 360, etc on the Enchanted.  Crazy