Rotterdam in Port Everglades on March 29, 2023

leerathje

ms Rotterdam will be at pier 26 from 6:00 am to 3:00 pm, and she is leaving on a 5 day Eastern Caribbean. 

image.jpeg.1b1e039dcf741886c39930374c96cff3.jpeg

And that’s it…..no other cruise ships in port!

The PTZtv webcam can be found at https://www.portevergladeswebcam.com/.

Next up:  Nieuw Statendam and Volendam on Saturday, April 1, 2023.

For sailaway addicts, Fort Lauderdale sailaways will be soon coming to an end….I’m wondering what the appetite is for posting Juneau, Alaska sailin/sailaways?  Not near as exciting to see, but still an opportunity to see some BHBs…..

Leanne

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Lots of days on the Juneau thread , I was the only one there. Roy was the other most frequent poster other than you. It is up to you - if you want to do the threads - fine, but you don't need to do them - considering the few responses.

I do plan to be here for Rotterdam - and 3 pm might be correct for sailaway to happen.

Thanks, Leanne.

Edited by Happily@Sea

6 hours ago, leerathje said:

ms Rotterdam will be at pier 26 from 6:00 am to 3:00 pm, and she is leaving on a 5 day Eastern Caribbean. 

image.jpeg.1b1e039dcf741886c39930374c96cff3.jpeg

And that’s it…..no other cruise ships in port!

The PTZtv webcam can be found at https://www.portevergladeswebcam.com/.

Next up:  Nieuw Statendam and Volendam on Saturday, April 1, 2023.

For sailaway addicts, Fort Lauderdale sailaways will be soon coming to an end….I’m wondering what the appetite is for posting Juneau, Alaska sailin/sailaways?  Not near as exciting to see, but still an opportunity to see some BHBs…..

Leanne

I’ll be there.  Planning on getting to the pier around noon.  It’s only about 15 min from my house.  

• Like 2

Hi, Leanne,

Fort Lauderdale has special memories for my wife and me. On the port side as you exit into the Atlantic are two high rise condo buildings on the beach. Collectively, they are known as Point of Americas. The shorter of the two (sort of offset to the rear and slightly further from the beach is where my parents lived from 1969 until 2000. My mother was the last survivor and she moved out 2000 to a senior complex (age 89). Their apartment was on the northeast corner of the 23rd floor (three down from the top).

Whenever we visited, with or without our son (now 52), a highlight was whenever a cruise ship went by, many residents blew their airhorns and waved at the passengers. As a passenger on a few cruises into or out of Port Everglades, it brings tears to my eyes as the memories flood into my brain as we pass the buildings.

Thanks for reminding me of those thoughts.

Jim

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I suspect more of us watch the sail-ins rather than sailaways in Juneau because of the time difference.  By the way, a number of us have fond memories of the Prinsendam, now sailing as Amera.  She has  several upcoming appearances on webcams:

March 30: Key West

March 31: Miami

April 1-2: Nassau

April 8-9: New York

Roy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, rafinmd said:

I suspect more of us watch the sail-ins rather than sailaways in Juneau because of the time difference.  By the way, a number of us have fond memories of the Prinsendam, now sailing as Amera.  She has  several upcoming appearances on webcams:

March 30: Key West

March 31: Miami

April 1-2: Nassau

April 8-9: New York

Roy

That would be torturous! But may have to have a peek.

• Like 2

We are up - my alarm worked today!  Yesterday our alarms did not (user  error) luckily I was awake early anyway, but at least it went off today.  I wonder if we will actually leave at 3.  Have to make it to Nassau by 7 am tomorrow. 

• Like 3

Captain Timmers just came on and said a last few people have not checked in at their muster stations, but “We know who you are!”  So I think things will be happening soon.  The wine is on ice, and we should be 8 on our verandah for sailaway. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Captain Timmers just came on and said a last few people have not checked in at their muster stations, but “We know who you are!”  So I think things will be happening soon.  The wine is on ice, and we should be 8 on our verandah for sailaway. 

A stern warning? - I would say so.

• Haha 1