The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday April 1st, 2023

15 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Oh, no!  We’re expecting you on board, and you are invited to join us in 5050 for sailaway- there will be 10 of us on our verandah.  Tony will tell you more.  PTZ will be filming, or maybe you will have someone to take pictures.   Roy is good at that.

We will be there even if we have to walk to Florida!

• Like 13
  • Haha 5

Rabbit, Rabbit, White Rabbit

Good Morning from a warm and sunny day at the beach

It is wicked reading of all the storms everywhere. It is not our time yet.

Havent been to todays port but it is on my list.  I had fun at work but am now retired. 

Thank you for all the Birthday wishes for my son.  He was amazed. The golf outing turned out great. We all had a really good time. 

I got some rather crummy news yesterday. I have been having a few issues and went to my Doctor on Wednesday. She did some tests and called me yesterday to tell me I need surgery.  So I will be running around the next few weeks doing additional testing before the surgery on 5/3.  Dont put me on the care list because I will be fine and there are others that have worse problems than me.

Going to go sit on the beach and watch the ships leave.

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

• Like 15
  • Thanks 7

1 hour ago, RedneckBob said:

Sorry AC. I am tapped out and have nothing more for April Fools Day.

By the way what’s this Rabbit Rabbit White Rabbit. Is everyone in Wonderland.

I usually say Grits Grits Hominy Grits. It makes sure the family tree continues to fork! 😳

@RedneckBob You’re tapped out? Well that sounds like an April Fool to me. Need I remind you,  your the G.O.A.T.!

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, RedneckBob said:

By the way what’s this Rabbit Rabbit White Rabbit. Is everyone in Wonderland.

To ensure good luck for the month, "Rabbit, Rabbit, Rabbit" needs to be the first words you say/write on the first day of the month. Some folks say it needs to be "White Rabbit" that is said. Dailyites combine the two versions.

• Like 11

Rabbit, rabbit, white rabbit!   Need all the luck I can get!  

What wonderful luck @ger_77 for that new couple.   We have also a large Ukrainian population and a lot of new immigrants some sponsored by our church.  A heartwarming story is when a young child saw some blue and yellow construction paper at Michael’s, he yelled Ukraine! 

@JazzyV yikes on the possible hematoma.  Hope it disappears quickly, although they can take quite sometime to reabsorb.  Last time I needed a biopsy they hit a blood vessel which caused a rather large hematoma, which is why I am rather nervous about this week. 

Alberta has the worlds largest Ukrainian Easter egg

image.jpeg.04e02ada114804191bbb1297c88275f1.jpeg

• Like 16

From yesterday:

13 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

@Sharon in AZ  Sharon, we've changed cabins many times.  The last few times, including last year, we were told to pack everything except the clothes hanging in the closet.  Either the cabin stewards or someone from housekeeping will move your things to the new cabin.  

We've noticed the process has changed over the past five to eight years.  You should get information about changing cabins a day or two before.

Lenda

Thank you Lenda, and it’s good to know that they communicate about the move ahead of time. How did you get your new cabin key?  

• Like 13

3 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Rabbit, rabbit, white rabbit!  Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I'm pretty sure there won't be any April Fool's jokes played in our house.  My mom used to do some tatting in hear early days; I think I still have one of her shuttles around somewhere.  I'm not sure I'd have the patience to do it, but admire anyone who does.  We aren't athiests, so can't celebrate that day.  Despite the seriousness of the job, I always tried to have fun at work every day - life's too short to remain stern 24/7.

I'm pretty sure right now my computer is playing an April Fool's trick on me - it says heavy snow, but as I look out the window, I'm seeing clear skies and the trees are beginning to lighten up from the sunrise.  Hmmm.  Before I go any further, I want to say I'm praying for those affected yesterday by the terrible tornados that tore through central U.S.  A sad loss of life, and destruction beyond belief.

@Crazy For CatsHappy Birthday Amelia; I'm sure you'll be treated like the queen you really are!

We had an interesting day yesterday - DH wanted to go out shopping, so we did (I married a shopper, much to my delight), and stopped at a fast food burger place on the way home.  There was a young couple sitting a couple of tables away and DH said they "weren't from these parts", but he couldn't hear them speaking, so was unable to determine the language.  A few minutes later the young woman came over and in heavily accented English, asked if they should clear the trash from the table, or just leave it.  We told her we normally clear the tables ourselves, and asked where she was from.  It turns out they just arrived in Canada from Ukraine only 2 days earlier and were staying at a hotel down the road.  We introduced ourselves and chatted with them for several minutes, finding out they will be moving from the hotel into an apartment, but that they need absolutely everything, as they only came with their 1 suitcase each.  We exchanged personal information and phone numbers, and I went to work as soon as we returned home.  I went online and put the word out that there was a young couple with a sweet little 5 year old who needed everything from beds to dishes, etc., and the response has been wonderful.  A number of people have e-transferred money for gift cards, while others have already offered household goods to help get them started.   People are pretty wonderful!

I like the idea of chicken tacos but will leave out the avocados - neither of us is a fan - and I do like the idea of a simple lime juice and salt marinade.  We have to run out to get some lettuce, but that's about it, so it'll be chicken tacos for us at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone in need, cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

Wonderful story from you afternoon yesterday.   So wonderful you could help the refugees out.  Thank you for your generosity and welcoming them to Canada.  

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

@bennybear i remember seeing that Easter egg about 30 years ago. Not to mention all the wonderful sausage we purchased nearby  

Been way behind but catching up on all the Daily material.  Workplace exhaustion.  Glad to see all the posts, and getting excited for our next cruise on the 30th  

Best wishes to everyone and prayers to all in need  

• Like 16

🐇🐇🐇

Good morning and Happy Saturday.  I think I’ll pass on everything except for tatting. I have a few pieces that I believe are tatted from Burano. 

I like avocados but don’t have them with tacos. I think I’m making something out of the freezer today. 

Thank you to everyone who answered my question yesterday about Vancouver hotels and turnaround day. I’ve never been on a B2B cruise before so this will be a new experience. 

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 15

@Sharon in AZThank you Sharon for asking the B2B questions and to all of you dailyites who have answered. I will also be doing my first  B2B on the Volendam at the same time. Only mine is 5/2/23 with 5/6/23. No cabin assignment yet for the 5/2/23 portion, I do have an assigned cabin for the 5/6/23 cruise. Congrats, Sharon staying on for the Alaska cruise with your DH joining you. 

I believe that my grandmother did tatting when she was young but I have never seen a sample, I am not an athiest, I am retired and I have never been to Hammerfest so I am out on all counts.

The chicken taco with avacado does sound wonderful. I may go to Pollo Loco for one tomorrow as today I am going with a church friend to see The Duttons then afterwards going for Pizza.

Jane 

Edited by lazey1
  • Like 14

29 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

From yesterday:

Thank you Lenda, and it’s good to know that they communicate about the move ahead of time. How did you get your new cabin key?  

Sharon, getting the new key has been different over the years.  In the past, they would send the key with the letter about disembarkation day and changing cabins.  In 2021 on Koningsdam, we waited in our cabin for them to come get our things.  After we moved, we needed to go to Guest Services and pick up the knew key cards.  This may have been because they were short staffed.  Also, we had to ask a few times when they were going to move us, since cleaning the cabins seemed to take priority.  

If you want to do ashore that day, double check that they will move your things while you are off the ship.  

Since things seem to be more normal now, the process could have changed, and also different ships can handle moves differently.

Lenda

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Happy Saturday, it's dreary here today.  Had flurries this morning and bad thunderstorms last night.  There were some tornado warnings not too far away, but we were good.  Sad to see all of the very bad weather these last few days and weeks.  I have cousins in the mountains in CA, and the snow there has been terrible.  

@Crazy For CatsHappy Birthday to Amelia!  I've been reading Amelia Bedilia books with my little reading buddy friends, is that where she got her name?  That Amelia is a hoot!  

Cheers to all celebrating, and prayers for all who need them.  We're off to see the play our school kids are doing this evening.  They always do a very good job!  K.

• Like 13

Rabbit, rabbit, rabbit. This is my first time in years not saying it to a cat.

My mother knew how to tat, but didn't enjoy it. Atheists are OK but atheist missionaries are just like any other missionaries. I think that fun at work is against the rules.

I'm actually having tacos for dinner, but the filling will be vegan and there isn't any avocado. "Bourbon Renewal" sounded to me like a band, and a search reveals that the drink is named for one. I would probably like the drink and would make one now if I had any bourbon. I don't know the wine.

I added the last of the ratatouille to last night's dinner as a starter, and opened a bottle of Gewürztraminer from Alsace to go with the fish. There's also some Lindeman Shiraz from Australia, a loyalty benefit on NCL, remaining that will probably go better with the tacos.

My doctor changed my blood-pressure medication at the last visit and I don't think it's working well enough, as my blood pressure is higher with it, not lower. I'll check it again tomorrow and Monday and then let him know.

dogliness.jpg.26fa181b07f97477cd2a207b2e2abf96.jpg

• Like 11
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, cunnorl said:

Rabbit, Rabbit, White Rabbit

Good Morning from a warm and sunny day at the beach

It is wicked reading of all the storms everywhere. It is not our time yet.

Havent been to todays port but it is on my list.  I had fun at work but am now retired. 

Thank you for all the Birthday wishes for my son.  He was amazed. The golf outing turned out great. We all had a really good time. 

I got some rather crummy news yesterday. I have been having a few issues and went to my Doctor on Wednesday. She did some tests and called me yesterday to tell me I need surgery.  So I will be running around the next few weeks doing additional testing before the surgery on 5/3.  Dont put me on the care list because I will be fine and there are others that have worse problems than me.

Going to go sit on the beach and watch the ships leave.

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

But, we'll be caring anyways.  

@ger_77 Bless  you!   We should all do something helpful for someone in the next week.  Once you start, you get addicted.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1