Jim_Iain Apex Key West, TansAtlantic and British Isle with a Week in Amsterdam

Jim_Iain

Just when we thought things were moving along.  Pilot came on and and said we were still waiting on maintenance paperwork.  

Crew is up against legal flight time.  Instead of canceling we are now stopping in Washington for a new crew. 

Ugh.    Isn’t flying fun. 

IMG_5636.thumb.jpeg.a58fda111d00cf35965dc85f2785f761.jpeg

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Just when we thought things were moving along.  Pilot came on and and said we were still waiting on maintenance paperwork.  

Crew is up against legal flight time.  Instead of canceling we are now stopping in Washington for a new crew. 

Ugh.    Isn’t flying fun. 

IMG_5636.thumb.jpeg.a58fda111d00cf35965dc85f2785f761.jpeg

Even more SF connections will not be made. I hate flying anymore, but no choice when you want a cruise outside of the US.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Finally aboard and settling in for a long flight.  Currently projecting 11 hours 30 minutes due to head winds

IMG_5628.thumb.jpeg.f10d43de639bae2720d5c5c16131991e.jpeg

IMG_5629.thumb.jpeg.1c579044cd573f3d58ba368653dd520d.jpeg

IMG_5631.thumb.jpeg.47e5425512f9294358c4902220bbbb29.jpeg

Thank you for taking us along! It was a delightful few weeks for all of us. Safe travels home. 

Jack Eldon

• Like 1

Thanks for this.  By the way, a question. On our 2 hour late flight (on the plane the whole time) last month, we got everything - the nuts they serve after take off, the salad, appetizer and entree all on a single tray.  Not exactly what I'd consider Polaris service.

Did they shortcut service for you?

• Like 1

I am so happy to have followed every page of your travels BUT I will admit to having withdrawal in the coming days.   It was a pleasure for the last month to look forward to your posts!!

Safe travels and thank you!

Thank you for your epic trip report. I enjoyed it so much  over the last weeks. I too will have to wait patiently for your next cruise. 

You pictures are always wonderful to see, helps me feel like I am there in person.

I finally get to cruise in 18 days and will do a trip report on the Viking Forum. You inspire me. 

Safe travels home ,it is a long flight with your delays. Hope you can get some sleep along the way.

Celebrity forum has the best trip reports by far😍

3 hours ago, abbydancer said:

Thanks for this.  By the way, a question. On our 2 hour late flight (on the plane the whole time) last month, we got everything - the nuts they serve after take off, the salad, appetizer and entree all on a single tray.  Not exactly what I'd consider Polaris service.

Did they shortcut service for you?

No.  We have plenty of time and the staff are providing a nice service. 

I fell asleep after dinner and missed desert but when I woke up they offered me a cheesecake with coffee. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

No.  We have plenty of time and the staff are providing a nice service. 

I fell asleep after dinner and missed desert but when I woke up they offered me a cheesecake with coffee. 

Nice.  Do you need a ride from the airport at home?

Thanks for another wonderful trip report. I started reading in April before we went on vacation and I think I was on page 25. When we got back, I found I missed 30 pages and had to catch up! It's really been fun following along. Safe travels. 

Ellen 

10 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Well only a 25 minute walk to the gate. 

As we prepare to depart, I would like to thank all those who have followed and participated in this epic journey. 

IMG_5626.jpeg

Thanks Jim and Iain for sharing your tremendous journey.  You were a wealth of entertainment and information.  Kudos!

8 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

For those considered Celebrities Shuttles. 

When we left the ship at 7:45 there was a line of 500-750 waiting to board busses.  Not sure what was causing delays as ther were 3 or 4 busses in the lot. 

Jim thanks for the fantastic trip report, safe travels home! We’re on Apex in July for the best of Scandinavia cruise, it also ends in Rotterdam. We have a car service reserved at 7:30 to take us to AMS for a noon flight. Is 7:45 the earliest you were able to disembark? Thx!

Thank you once again Jim (and Iain) for taking us along on another wonderful trip. Really appreciate the time you give to doing this,  especially after my somewhat faltering first attempt!

Safe if somewhat delayed travels home. Looking  forward to your next Live, will that be your Ponant cruise?

@Jim_Iain  Thank you once again for sharing Iian and your fantastic journey with us.  I thoroughly enjoyed the narrative and specially those amazing pictures you continue to share.   I am sorry to hear about the delays you are encountering on your homeward journey but hopefully you'll be relaxing in the comfort of your own home. 

Stay safe.

8 hours ago, terrydtx said:

Even more SF connections will not be made. I hate flying anymore, but no choice when you want a cruise outside of the US.

So loved following you on this journey and all your beautiful photos. We were suppose to fly home from Venice to SFO May 18 also mechanical issues then strike. Finally made it home May 20. Hope you have better luck and safe travels.