New Additions to Enchanted Princess

billco

Coming to Enchanted Princess starting April 15 is O’Malley’s, a contemporary Irish pub featuring traditional Irish music, interactive entertainment and extraordinary food including the new O’Malley’s ribeye burger. Located on Deck 5 in the piazza where the Salty Dog Gastropub Experience previously operated, the O’Malley’s menu also includes Scotch eggs, fried pickles, pan-fried Guinness chicken, along with favorite Irish beers, ales and whiskeys. The new pub will also offer tasting experiences that include an introduction to the history of Irish Whiskey along with a tasting flight, as well as Guinness cocktail classes. Offering more than just a great menu, O’Malley’s will overflow with the exuberance, banter, and vivacity synonymous with the vintage Irish pub experience.

https://cruiselowdown.com/blog/Whats-New-on-Enchanted-Orincess

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Neither of these additions appeals to my personal sense of taste or style, as I am not a big seafood eater nor a pub person.

I am just glad the ship is out of dry-dock as my cruise on her is only about three months away now.  

I will be saving my money from not using these specialty eating places so I can shop in Mykonos!

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, MissP22 said:

I suspect $39 p/p.

If I recall Salty Dog was $18.  It was pretty much unoccupied every time I passed by on our recent cruise.   So this is a price increase for a place that is probably not going to be all that dissimilar to what it is replacing.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, ldubs said:

If I recall Salty Dog was $18.  It was pretty much unoccupied every time I passed by on our recent cruise.   So this is a price increase for a place that is probably not going to be all that dissimilar to what it is replacing.   

Thanks. The only thing we did at the Salty Dog was stop by for a glass of wine to carry to dinner. we never was a crown sitting there at any time. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Thanks. The only thing we did at the Salty Dog was stop by for a glass of wine to carry to dinner. we never was a crown sitting there at any time. 

I meant to type "we never saw a crowd sitting there at any time" 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, brisalta said:

No thank you! Not a single actual Irish dish on that menu.

Agreed.  And a couple of those dishes were free on the pub lunch - you would hope they were more substantial if they are now charging $10!

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

DH and I are excited about the changes to the Enchanted, BUT it’s disappointing to see that they’ll now be charging for what is in essence, the Pub Lunch. 

They are looking at more and more things that we can pay for that used to be included. Apparently the coffee card will never come back which is very disappointing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, billco said:

Works for me! They still have a Beyond Burger

Killarney stout stew ...

The Simpsons Gifs

I'm not a burger fan but, Bushmills blue burger looks good. brisalta, ya don't wanna be servin' an abundance of cabbage to middle and senior aged sailors. Especially when we're on a ship in close quarters  😬

Edited by c-boy
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

Found this elsewhere - ala carte pricing:

image.png.d33f848505cfa9d5abfdac8421139cb7.png

Thanks for sharing.

Looks good to me and not unreasonable prices. It will of course fail as all of Princess’s new concepts usually do. Long time Princess cruisers yearn for the good old days and expect everything to be included in the fare they paid 20 years ago or will only eat at Crown Grill for that classic US steakhouse (i.e. unadventurous) experience. I will look forward to trying it on Sun Princess as unfortunately won’t have chance to sail on Enchanted Princess in the foreseeable future.

1 hour ago, Micahs Grandad said:

They are looking at more and more things that we can pay for that used to be included.

And they will find them, no doubt. 

The real question is how many people will accept this as normal before they leave for other cruise lines.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

And they will find them, no doubt. 

The real question is how many people will accept this as normal before they leave for other cruise lines.

Please name another cruise line - other than the higher end luxury lines - that doesn’t already charge extra for the things Princess is starting to charge for.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Geoffa30 said:

Please name another cruise line - other than the higher end luxury lines - that doesn’t already charge extra for the things Princess is starting to charge for.

I really can't say as it's been years since we've sailed other cruise lines.

Perhaps others that have recently sailed on RCL, HAL or NCL can chime in. 

1 hour ago, Geoffa30 said:

Well, there is the complimentary Local restaurant on NCL which offers a pretty wide menu including Fish and Chips and a Blue Burger like O'Malley's. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, c-boy said:

Killarney stout stew ...

The Simpsons Gifs

I'm not a burger fan but, Bushmills blue burger looks good. brisalta, ya don't wanna be servin' an abundance of cabbage to middle and senior aged sailors. Especially when we're on a ship in close quarters  😬

If cabbage be causin' ya problem perhaps you should see a medico!!!

Or start taking a high quality probiotic such as Visbiome to rebuild your gut biome.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Geoffa30 said:

Thanks for sharing.

Looks good to me and not unreasonable prices. It will of course fail as all of Princess’s new concepts usually do. Long time Princess cruisers yearn for the good old days and expect everything to be included in the fare they paid 20 years ago or will only eat at Crown Grill for that classic US steakhouse (i.e. unadventurous) experience. I will look forward to trying it on Sun Princess as unfortunately won’t have chance to sail on Enchanted Princess in the foreseeable future.

With that attitude you will be welcoming the day that they charge extra for a mattress to sleep on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

I really can't say as it's been years since we've sailed other cruise lines.

Perhaps others that have recently sailed on RCL, HAL or NCL can chime in. 

I recently sailed on the NCL Bliss and will be sailing on HAL Eurodam next week followed by Princess Sapphire.

NCL recently increased the gratuity from $15 to $20 while cutting stewards pay and eliminating turndown.

https://www.cruisehive.com/norwegian-cruise-line-to-increase-gratuities-for-all-passengers/89754 They are also cutting back on what I think was their best feature - Entertainment. They cancelled Kinky Boots on the Encore by telling the cast they were no longer needed.

https://cruiseradio.net/norwegian-cruise-lays-off-entertainment-staff/

There is more nickel and diming, but just wanted to show Princess isn't alone.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1