Stateroom changed by Princess Help needed please

Seaworthy71

Hello  all I was midship and Princess upgraded me to bow forward.  When I booked the I told the agent I have really bad vertigo and she said it was  my stateroom.  I can't be in  forward bow, ship is full and I am getting nowhere with customer service.  Any helpful experience tips with this dilemma.  I am so upset, I am thinking of cancelling and losing my payment.

Wow!! I have been moved before (BW -> BE) but my CVP got it back for me. It wasn't easy but she did it. And I was outside the 24 hrs to refuse an upgrade

ADD:: Hey I just thought of something.  Maybe you cannot deal with CS on upgrades because you have to go through your TA? Anyway, as Eddy0827 said, it's their job

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Seaworthy71 said:

New cruiser, do not really have an affiliation with a TA.

So if you booked directly with Princess, they should fix it.  Escalate to a Customer Solutions agent.  You could ask for a CVP cruise vacation planner at Princess. They may be able to help.  The weekend is not easy to get a CS agent, better luck on midweek 0600 Pac time.

Did this upgrade just happen, or has it been a while, and you just noticed it?

Does your cabin still show available?  Are you past the final payment, where they may be working the bidding upgrades?  What ship?

This is a health issue and they need to escalate it for you.  

When you book, you need to tell them you DO NOT want an UG, so they can mark it so.  Sometimes, it still happens, but less often.

The newer ships seem to handle the rough seas a lot better than the older ones.  We’ve been doing forward on the newer ships without much issue.  The older ones, we go midship, if possible.

I see you may be Royal Apr 23 and it is not available. Only PCL or TA/CVP can see it.  As I stated, I’d try to escalate this to a Customer Solutions agent.  Don’t cancel, you shouldn’t have to do that.

Edited by PacnGoNow

As mentioned, always indicate "No Upgrade" to Princess or your Travel Agent if you have one.

Might you be also able to obtain a Doctor's order, specifying the need for mid ship?

55 minutes ago, Shawn5 said:

Depending on where you're sailing, the bow may not have that much more motion difference than at  midship. Certainly not worth cancelling your cruise over. 

I think OP sailing roundtrip out of San Francisco Northwest itinerary…strong likelihood there will be motion

• Like 1

Thank You to all🙏, am on phone right now. I have been assigned a new cabin mid aft, but very close to mid.  Pleased hope they do not change it fully paid 8 days from sailing ship full.  Question where is upgrade me, need to delete  it from my profile.

regards,

Suzanne

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Seaworthy71 said:

Thank You to all🙏, am on phone right now. I have been assigned a new cabin mid aft, but very close to mid.  Pleased hope they do not change it fully paid 8 days from sailing ship full.  Question where is upgrade me, need to delete  it from my profile.

regards,

Suzanne

Unless you request “do not upgrade” at the time of your booking, Princess assumes you are open to having your cabin upgraded. 

33 minutes ago, Poulsbo Cruisers said:

Unless you request “do not upgrade” at the time of your booking, Princess assumes you are open to having your cabin upgraded. 

My TA explained that "accept all upgrades" is one of Princess's default settings.  

37 minutes ago, Poulsbo Cruisers said:

And Princess's definition of an upgrade can be wildly different from the human definition of an upgrade.

• Like 1

Just remember for future bookings even though you request NO upgrade you need to keep checking.  It has been noted on Cruise Critic that Princess from time to tome does still change your booking.  No Guarantee it will stay the same.   

2 hours ago, Seaworthy71 said:

regards,

Suzanne

You cant check the  'do not upgrade' box, you need the TA or Princess agent to do it. It is not visible although for the life of me I dont understand why. 

You are new at this.   You will eventually  learn what to look for.  If you like the cruising life you will need to find a good travel agent that deals with Princess on a regular basis . Someone with experience.   At the end of the day there are no guarantees except maybe death and taxes.  So you will need to keep checking your booking to make sure nothing has changed and if it does you will need to jump on it to get it fixed.   This will also apply to any airfare you book with EZAir.   It also can change.  Try to get direct flights and if you hve to do connecting keep an eye on the  amount of time between flights.   It's always something but in the end cruising is a great way to travel.   Yea you got it fixed now relax .

2 hours ago, Seaworthy71 said:
  • Thank You good to know they kept blaming it on me (even we I told the booking agent for health reasons it was imperative to try and keep room), so she marked it anyway

Next time go through a TA.  The Princess booking agents are just that - agents who work directly for Princess, and don't care about you as an individual. 

• Like 3

Seaworthy,

I am sorry that this has happened, and as a new Princess cruiser, might not have been prepared or know how to look for these things.

And, yes, for NO UPGRADE the person making the booking, either the guest, or their Travel Agent, does have to request this.  And, I am not sure, but even travel agents might have to do this over the phone.  I am not sure if their system has this capability.

What ship and deck are you on now?

I am just curious.

What 'upgrade' was it to move you from mid-ship to far forward?

What category cabin did you have, and what category did they move you to when they moved you forward?

Anyhow, it is probably good that you did get moved mid-aft.

If motion is the concern, then you should be good there.

Forward and especially forward on higher decks can have the most motion.

I hope you enjoy your cruise!

Edited by Wishing on a star

6 hours ago, d9704011 said:

Apparently, unexpected changes to Princess bookings and EZAir fit this bill too.

Our experience with EZAir changes has been due to the airlines making the change, not Princess.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, suzyed said:

Our experience with EZAir changes has been due to the airlines making the change, not Princess.

No doubt.  Nowadays, in the air travel universe, I'd say flight changes (EZAir) are on par with the inevitability of death and taxes