Crown & Anchor Question

ian09

I'll be sailing on a 9 day cruise on Thursday and I'm one cruise point away from saying bye bye to Emerald and hello to Diamond.  Any way to take advantage of this during my upcoming cruise or do I need to wait until the next one?  

It's based on completed cruises, not current ones.  There was a time when people would come on here and report that the LA gave them the benefits during the cruise, but that hasn't happened for a while.  Mainly because there are so many turning a status each cruise.  There used to be a very few on each cruise.  The reality is, they want you to go on another cruise to enjoy your new status, which makes perfect business sense.

Edited by BND

2 hours ago, ian09 said:

I'll be sailing on a 9 day cruise on Thursday and I'm one cruise point away from saying bye bye to Emerald and hello to Diamond.  Any way to take advantage of this during my upcoming cruise or do I need to wait until the next one?  

Something new you'll have to look forward to on your next cruise. 🍻

2 hours ago, ian09 said:

While it is very late now, jump on a quick cruise this weekend so that you get the diamond benefits on your long cruise. Something we would have done earlier. 

56 minutes ago, dad son team said:

I just ticked over to Diamond on Day 4 of my cruise last week and nothing changed.  I asked if I could get lounge access and they said no.  Meanies

How dare they treat you like the millions of cruisers before you.  🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

While it is very late now, jump on a quick cruise this weekend so that you get the diamond benefits on your long cruise. Something we would have done earlier. 

Cruise prices are so crazy right now might not be worth it. I think close in prices are shockingly high. 

30 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Cruise prices are so crazy right now might not be worth it. I think close in prices are shockingly high. 

This.

We did a cheap 4-nighter when we were exactly 4 points away from Diamond. Of course, we also did an even cheaper 4-nighter (booked during a GGG sale) as recently as October before prices went cuckoo.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Not just close in. I've been looking at winter 2025. Pricing is ridiculous.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Not just close in. I've been looking at winter 2025. Pricing is ridiculous.

How about Wonder 2/2/25 out of your favorite port PC?  Some TA's have group space😇  Or as they say "I know a guy"🤣

Edited by molly361

9 minutes ago, molly361 said:

How about Wonder 2/2/25 out of your favorite port PC?  Some TA's have group space😇  Or as they say "I know a guy"🤣

Unbelievable how much cheaper the group space is now on many  since the rates have been rising like crazy

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Unbelievable how much cheaper the group space is now on many  since the rates have been rising like crazy

Yeah it's going to be interesting to see Utopia rates if it does indeed do 3/4 nights.  PS  Have fun

Edited by molly361

14 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Yeah it's going to be interesting to see Utopia rates if it does indeed do 3/4 nights.

"Interesting" is one word. I fear I'll be using a different word when I see them. 🙈

• Haha 1