The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday May 1st, 2023

Good afternoon.

We have just got home.

We had 1 night pre-cruise in Southampton and 1 night post cruise in York.

We had 3 nights on the 2 year old

MSC Virtuoso.

We had a large aft balcony cabin.

We did a status match with our Princess Elite loyalty and got their top Diamond loyalty.

We paid pre cruise for 2 night speciality meal package and the Diamond loyalty gave us our last night speciality meal in the steakhouse free.

We had a plate of canapes and a bottle of Prosecco in our cabin on embarkation.

We also got to leave our cabin at 09.30 am on departure day. while non loyalty had to leave at 07.30am.

IMG_20230427_195424.jpg

IMG_20230429_210918.jpg

IMG_20230428_211255.jpg

IMG_20230430_195531.jpg

IMG_20230429_104708.jpg

IMG_20230427_140512.jpg

IMG_20230427_140433.jpg

IMG_20230427_134505.jpg

IMG_20230427_134525.jpg

• Like 29
  • Thanks 2

RABBIT!  🐰  RABBIT!  🐰  WHITE RABBIT!  🐇

Good morning from a sunny and occasionally windy central Texas.  Today we have a east, southeast wind, which is unusual for us.  It is currently 62F and will reach 76F this afternoon.  When I finally emptied the rain gauge yesterday, it showed we'd received 3.5 inches of rain last week.  It should be a good day to start power washing the house.  The dirt that gets on the siding has a lot of pollen in it, so it sticks.  It's been two years since the house was washed, so it is looking a little dingy.

Today we have three good days to celebrate.  

I remembered today's quote from Ellen DeGeneres.

It's been a while since I made chicken Parmesan, so maybe I'll make it later this week.  When I was growing up, my father liked milk punch.  I always thought it was a waste of good milk.  🤣 The wine sounds good, but the price is not good.

We have not been to Gladstone, Australia.

@grapau27  Graham, thank you for the explanations of today's days.  It looks like you had a good time on your cruise.

@JazzyV  Vanessa, I hope your knee improves quickly.  Enjoy Cobh.

@ocean sounds  I'm sure your dogs will do well at what we call "the doggie spa".  When our older DD was babysitting our Nikki and she and DSIL had to be out of town, both our dog and their dog were boarded in the same kennel.  Neither were lonely.

@dobiemom  Marcia, I hope you are sleeping better and that your eye is healing well.

@aliaschief  Bruce, I hope you can get some rest before heading to Jacksonville for grandparent duties.

@rafinmd  Roy, thanks for sharing Gladstone's location.

@dfish  Debbie, I cook my chicken Parmesan in the air fryer, and it is not dry.  I also add more sauce and cheese.  I think it is the bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese in the pictures that make it look dry.

@Denise T  I hope all goes well at the dentist today.

@cunnorl  Charlene, thank you for the pictures of Gladstone.

@travelnap  I like your sense of humor.

@ger_77  Gerry, I enjoyed seeing your deck picture.  Now, I will better understand when you mention it.

BTW, for those contemplating getting an air fryer, I highly recommend the oven type over the ones with a basket.  Mine has three racks, and I can cook an entire meal in the air fryer.

Lenda

• Like 25
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, dfish said:

The Daily family has gotten large enough that we need a scorecard.  Calling people by the wrong names is normal in a large family.   My dad used to go down the list of names until he hit the right one.  My sister did get a bit miffed the time he called her the dog's name.

I get mixed up, too. I think I need to make a spreadsheet for the Daily family. 😉

Hahaha my mom would do the same thing! But we knew if she did get to the dog, she would start laughing and then not be as mad. 

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Marcia, you're right!  I did confuse you with @TiogaCruiser.  Hope she's haveing a good cruise, and I hope you are able to get some sleep lately.  No wonder you were up early yesterday!  How long do you have to keep your head down?     

3 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

@dobiemom  Marcia, I hope you are sleeping better and that your eye is healing well.    

I see the surgeon this afternoon. I’m hoping he says I don’t have to keep my head down (my neck/shoulders need a massage) and that I can sleep on my side. 🤞

• Like 24

Good morning. I "rabbited" this morning early when the dogs and I got up. They think I am crazy. I should be saying "breakfast".

Trying to catch up with what I should have done yesterday. I forgot I was scheduled to work a booth for the shelter at the local Home and Ranch show.... remembered about 5 minutes before I was due to work and managed to get there only 10 minutes late. The person who was supposed to relieve me evidently forgot also and so I was there nearly all afternoon. It was windy, the pollen was thick and my allergies are driving me crazy. Hopefully all will settle with my nose and eyes this afternoon when the meds kick in. Today the winds will kick up in the afternoon... right now it is still, temp about 50. I am going to take the dogs for a long (for their little legs) walk and hope to stay in the rest of the day.

Sending hugs to all that need them. @kazuthinking of you today and @St Pete Cruiserglad you are feeling better. Spider bites are so scary. Take care all.

Susan

Edited by durangoscots
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 2

Good morning to all.

I did not get very far with any work yesterday.  As a matter of fact it turned out to be a bust.  But I am raring to go this morning.

However first I have promised some photos of the the finished product of the bathroom.  So here they are.

New vanity, new shower, and new linen closet.

IMG_3071.jpeg

IMG_3068.jpeg

IMG_3067.jpeg

Edited by Cruzin Terri
  • Like 32
  • Thanks 5

Back from the dentist. The pain from the deep cleaning is exceptionally strong today. I have to go again in a few weeks for a filling. Let's hope that this is the end until my next scheduled cleaning. 

• Like 19

2 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good morning to all.

I did not get very far with any work yesterday.  As a matter of fact it turned out to be a bust.  But I am raring to go this morning.

However first I have promised some photos of the the finished product of the bathroom.  So here they are.

👍 Wow, turned out great! I especially like the shower. 🙂

• Like 19

55 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

@grapau27 

Looks like you had a lovely cruise Graham and got the Royal treatment! I laugh when you show your slippers in the pictures.

Thank you Joy.

The feet thing is something several of us on the Royal Caribbean forums post.

We visited Portland England and got a coach into Weymouth.

We then visited Cherbourg France (pictures)

IMG_20230429_095139.jpg

IMG_20230429_095146.jpg

IMG_20230429_111201.jpg

IMG_20230429_111220.jpg

IMG_20230429_112912.jpg

IMG_20230429_210809.jpg

IMG_20230429_210838.jpg

IMG_20230429_211333.jpg

IMG_20230429_211507.jpg

IMG_20230429_211253.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Rabbit, rabbit, rabbit!   
@kazu sending hugs  as you remember Jose!  
I love leis!   Lovely scented plumerias are often used.  Love the vintage photos of Hawaiian royalty with leis on horseback image.thumb.jpeg.800920a379a9fca0bfb1251e828c5b2c.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.163a0b4dc4e8d17d8085b6c583060b63.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 27
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good morning to all.

IMG_3071.jpeg

IMG_3068.jpeg

IMG_3067.jpeg

Wow! Gorgeous!  Will make the wait worthwhile 

• Like 17

1 hour ago, dobiemom said:

I see the surgeon this afternoon. I’m hoping he says I don’t have to keep my head down (my neck/shoulders need a massage) and that I can sleep on my side. 🤞

Marcia, I hope your visit with the surgeon goes well, and that you can begin raising your head.

58 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

@Quartzsite Cruiser

Lenda I have a Breville oven. I have never used our stove oven. Love the air fryer in the Breville. 

Joy, my air fryer is not big enough to bake pies or cakes, and it is also not big enough to roast a chicken.  I still use my oven for things like that.  Until 2020, I never roasted a chicken or turkey in the oven but in the free standing roaster.  I switched to using the oven because the roaster never got the skin crispy.  Now, the oven really needs cleaning, but I keep putting it off.  I do use the air fryer often..

25 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good morning to all.

IMG_3071.jpeg

IMG_3068.jpeg

IMG_3067.jpeg

Terri, the bathroom looks great, especially the shower.

25 minutes ago, Denise T said:

Back from the dentist. The pain from the deep cleaning is exceptionally strong today. I have to go again in a few weeks for a filling. Let's hope that this is the end until my next scheduled cleaning. 

Denise, did they mention rinsing your mouth with warm salt water.  I was told to do that after oral surgery, and it helped relieve the pain, especially from the injection sites.

Lenda

• Like 24

rabbit, rabbit, white rabbit.

Happy May day everyone!  May day used to be my favourite day as it meant spring was truly here but sadly, it is no longer a day of happiness for me.  Memories…..

E80F948F-BBBA-4118-9CAD-FE6D03061580.jpeg.844a29ca2dd199090b66765bee6e7757.jpeg

Horrible weather, pouring rain, downpours and very high winds.  Over 37,000 people without power already.  The wind is so high, it moved my umbrella stand and the umbrella in it ended up in my backyard!  (The stand is so heavy, it stays on the deck all winter, protected).  

Thank you all for your kind wishes for me today.  I truly appreciate them. ♥️ 

@JazzyVyou are going to love Cobh.  If you can, visit the White Star Museum.  Cobh was an unplanned stop for us and a favourite.

@HAL4NOW & @Cruising-along Bon Voyage!

2E127474-B1C9-41C6-B2EF-744FD557BA40.jpeg.5d228f9ad7427c9e94956a41981ff137.jpeg

@Nickelpenny Yay on retirement.  Congrats on only having 4 weeks to go.

728A323B-CEFF-457D-BB8F-23A6BEBB9B84.jpeg.4e277b9c067fe3593caa0563a97db243.jpeg

@dobiemom Best wishes for your check up with your surgeon today.  I hope he is very pleased and gives you permission to sleep on your side 🙏🏻

@Cruzin Terri Fabulous new bathroom 👍 

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and a toast 🥂 to all celebrating.

103FE29B-86D0-49E5-8E72-F5C4686F481B.thumb.jpeg.879b58001526471208a358b1033247c5.jpeg

Have a great Monday everyone !!!!!

• Like 32
  • Thanks 8

18 minutes ago, kazu said:

rabbit, rabbit, white rabbit.

Happy May day everyone!  May day used to be my favourite day as it meant spring was truly here but sadly, it is no longer a day of happiness for me.  Memories…..

E80F948F-BBBA-4118-9CAD-FE6D03061580.jpeg.844a29ca2dd199090b66765bee6e7757.jpeg

Horrible weather, pouring rain, downpours and very high winds.  Over 37,000 people without power already.  The wind is so high, it moved my umbrella stand and the umbrella in it ended up in my backyard!  (The stand is so heavy, it stays on the deck all winter, protected).  

Thank you all for your kind wishes for me today.  I truly appreciate them. ♥️ 

@JazzyVyou are going to love Cobh.  If you can, visit the White Star Museum.  Cobh was an unplanned stop for us and a favourite.

@HAL4NOW & @Cruising-along Bon Voyage!

2E127474-B1C9-41C6-B2EF-744FD557BA40.jpeg.5d228f9ad7427c9e94956a41981ff137.jpeg

@Nickelpenny Yay on retirement.  Congrats on only having 4 weeks to go.

728A323B-CEFF-457D-BB8F-23A6BEBB9B84.jpeg.4e277b9c067fe3593caa0563a97db243.jpeg

@dobiemom Best wishes for your check up with your surgeon today.  I hope he is very pleased and gives you permission to sleep on your side 🙏🏻

@Cruzin Terri Fabulous new bathroom 👍 

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and a toast 🥂 to all celebrating.

103FE29B-86D0-49E5-8E72-F5C4686F481B.thumb.jpeg.879b58001526471208a358b1033247c5.jpeg

Have a great Monday everyone !!!!!

Sending you my sincere best wishes Jacqui @kazu on this a very sad anniversary day for you.

You were blessed to have each other and your photo of you both was lovely to see.

Graham.

• Like 20

6 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Good morning. Rabbit, rabbit, white rabbit. It’s our last sea day before arriving in Cobh tomorrow. I’m still hobbling about a bit.

Prayers for all in need and Cheers to those celebrating. 

Cobh is a lovely town with a nice Titanic museum a short walking distance from the cruise terminal.

Graham.

• Like 11

41 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Marcia, I hope your visit with the surgeon goes well, and that you can begin raising your head.

Joy, my air fryer is not big enough to bake pies or cakes, and it is also not big enough to roast a chicken.  I still use my oven for things like that.  Until 2020, I never roasted a chicken or turkey in the oven but in the free standing roaster.  I switched to using the oven because the roaster never got the skin crispy.  Now, the oven really needs cleaning, but I keep putting it off.  I do use the air fryer often..

Terri, the bathroom looks great, especially the shower.

Denise, did they mention rinsing your mouth with warm salt water.  I was told to do that after oral surgery, and it helped relieve the pain, especially from the injection sites.

Lenda

Lenda, no they did not. They said not to eat or drink for half an hour. I took some ibuprophen and the pain is starting to dwindle. Starting to feel a little better. 

• Like 11

Good morning everyone!

We had an excellent dinner last night with good friends and then retired early at our Bellingham hotel. 
On our way now to Vancouver, the border will be coming up soon. 
Hopefully the next time you hear from me will be from the lovely Koningsdam!

• Like 25