The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday May 1st, 2023

Today is Hawaiian Lei Day, Loyalty Day, and Mother Goose Day

My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She's ninety-seven now, and we don't know where the hell she is. - Ellen DeGeneres

Meal Suggestion for today - Air-Fryer Chicken Parmesan
Drink of the Day - Bourbon Milk Punch
Wine of the Day - Te Mata Hawkes Bay Coleraine 2020
Destination of the Day - Gladsrone QLD, Queensland Australia

Today in History:
1707 Acts of Union comes into force, uniting England and Scotland to form the United Kingdom of Great Britain

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Juneau, Alaska 13:00 - 22:00

Koningsdam

Vancouver, BC Canada 07:00 - 15:00

Nieuw Amsterdam

At Sea Destination Juneau, Alaska eta 5-02

Nieuw Statendam

Palermo, Sicily Italy 07:00 - 17:00

Noordam

At Sea Destination Vancouver, BC Canada eta 5-02

Oosterdam

Barcelona, Spain 07:00 - 17:00

Rotterdam

Eidfjord, Norway Hardangerfjord 07:00 - 15:00

Volendam

At Sea Destination San Diego, California eta 5-02 

Westerdam

At Sea Destination Kodiak, Alaska eta 5-02 

Zaandam

At Sea Destination Prince Edward Island, Charlottetown, Canada eta 5-02

Zuiderdam

Cobh-Cork, Ireland 08:00 - 18:00

image.thumb.png.3d2961c3c197ee05dbec19d648fdb6ab.png

image.thumb.png.1a5fbebf08b0606b306d73152dce444f.png

Sandi for Rich

• Like 23
  • Thanks 13

White rabbit 🐰 white Rabbit 🐰 for the first of May.

It is a bank holiday today in England.

Thank you so much Sandi @StLouisCruisers for your excellent work hosting the daily reports and posting fantastic photos.

I had a good laugh at today's quote.

Prayers for everyone who is unwell.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Screenshot_20230501_100614.jpg

Screenshot_20230501_100718.jpg

Screenshot_20230501_100643.jpg

• Like 18
  • Thanks 11

Thanks for the Fleet Update and General Info SLC.

Hawaiian Lei Day. I could not afford to buy one at Walmart so I put it on leiaway.

The quote of the day reminds me of the story I told a year ago. I was on a Celebrity cruise having a drink at the Sunset Bar when I saw a man wearing a t-shirt that had written on it, “Adventure Before Dementia”. I said to him, “I don’t remember my last adventure.” 😳

Edited by RedneckBob
  • Like 8
  • Haha 14

Rabbit, rabbit, white rabbit!  🐇  Good morning friends!  I hope I have good luck all month long now.  The weather report here is 49F with sunny skies later and a high of 66.  A beautiful spring day and May Day for good measure.  Thank you Rich @richwmn for the Daily and Fleet Report material for May 1.  I am thinking of dear Jacqui @kazu on this date and sending kind thoughts and my support to her on this anniversary of Jose's passing.  💗   Also I should mention Rich's day in history is a big one for and England and Scotland as they joined to form the United Kingdom of Great Britain.

The official days of celebration for us are Hawaiian Lei Day, Loyalty Day and Mother Goose Day.  All good and positive days to honor.  Especially Loyalty Day which can mean loyalty to certain people or things but was set up to reaffirm our loyalty to the United States, as Americans.  Moving on to the quote, another funny one from Ellen Degeneres.  Our meal suggestion should be popular - Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan.  Yum!  The drink is Bourbon Milk Punch and the wine one I've never heard of.but seems like a New Zealand one.  Thank you Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope and Ann @cat shepard for giving us an idea of what these beverages and food are like.  

Thanks also to Eva @superoma for keeping the lists for us while Vanessa @JazzyV is away.  Prayers for all our friends and family on the list and any others we may have missed.🙏   Also a shoutout to those celebrating and those cruising.  It was good to hear from @St Pete Cruiser yesterday who has much to be grateful for.  🥂  A toast to everyone!  I hope Vanessa's bruised and painful knees are better today and her ship has sailed into calmer seas!

I'm sorry I couldn't give full attention to the Daily (or Cruise Critic for that matter) because of working on my photo book yesterday.  I made a little progress and hope that continues but that means I can't read every thread on CC anymore.  That and my neighbors setting off on their adventure kept me distracted from news here.  I have to tell you those two are very outgoing and love to talk and meet people.  I shouldn't have been surprised when they pulled away from the curb (I stood on the porch waving to them) Paul flipped on his exterior speakers on the motorcoach and began playing an instrumental version of "On the Road Again".  Another neighbor was outside digging in her flowerbed and jumped up to take a video of them driving slowly to the corner and making a left turn.  We laughed and laughed.  I could hear them for several minutes as they made their way out of Sun City.  What a pair and what a departure!👋

Finally let's get to our port of the day, Gladstone, Queensland Australia.  Well, what do you know?  We have a first time appearance of this port.  Plus I have never been there before so my work here is nearly done!  No link to a date and no photos to share.  It will be nice to hear from someone else on their visit there, when it was, on a ship or not, and especially some photos.  Thank you in advance!

This morning when DH gets up we are going for a walk as the sun rises and skip the treadmill today.  The fresh air will do us good.  Maybe we will see some wildlife!  So I have another hour to lie down and wait for that!  I hope all here have a safe and happy day!

Edited by StLouisCruisers
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 7

Good morning. Rabbit, rabbit, white rabbit. It’s our last sea day before arriving in Cobh tomorrow. I’m still hobbling about a bit.

Prayers for all in need and Cheers to those celebrating. 

• Like 27
  • Thanks 4

Good Monday morning!  Rabbit, rabbit, white rabbit 🐇Happy May Day.  Thank you for the Daily and information yet to come. 

Cool 59 degrees to start, with a high of 84 this afternoon.   Taking the 2 dogs to the kennel/day care/groomer nearby.   June will be the first time we board them together.  Last time we only had one dog,  So, today is a trial to see how they do together in same space,    They sleep together anyway, so hope it’s a good day and night for them.   It’s the first time Brutus, our mini Aussiedoodle will be away from us.   I feel like a mother leaving her child at kindergarten, yikes,   Jacks is a pro there.  He loves them!   

Prayers to all in need, and cheers and smiles to all celebrating

Edited by ocean sounds
  • Like 28

Rabbit, Rabbit, White Rabbit!!

Bourbon Milk Punch cocktail:

Ingredients
3 parts Whole Milk
2 parts Half and Half
1 1/2 parts Jim Beam® Original
1 part sifted Sugar, Powdered Vanilla Extract
Fresh Grated Nutmeg
(optional garnish)
Cinnamon Stick

Instructions
In a pitcher, whisk together milk, half-and-half, bourbon, sugar and vanilla. Freeze until slushy and ready to serve. Stir before serving it in a chilled glass, finished with a few gratings of fresh nutmeg.

Screenshot 2023-05-01 at 6.25.38 AM.png

• Like 18
  • Thanks 10
  • Haha 2

Rabbit   Rabbit    White Rabbit

Good morning, good morning.   Thanks for the Daily Report.  Hope it's going to be a good day.

More showers in the forecast for us today.

A good collection of days.  I've never been to Hawaii to be leied, maybe someday.  Mother Goose tales were wonderful.

Very amusing quote.

The meal sounds good, not sure about the drink and hope the wine is fine.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of today's port.

Prayers for everyone.  Hugs for Jacqui. 

Cheers for all the celebrations.

Hope this is a good day and the start of a good month.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2

Rabbit, rabbit, rabbit and good morning to everyone.  Thanks for the daily report and the nice collection of days. Whether true or not I walk past Mother Goose’s gravesite on my way to work each day.  The meal suggestion sounds delicious but I don’t have an air fryer.  Think I’ll pass on the drink.  I have not been to today’s port, looking forward to the photos.  Praying for everyone on our prayer list.  Cheers to everyone celebrating happy events today.

• Like 26

Thank you for today’s R & D Sandi & Rich! Yesterday was simply spectacular once the brief rainstorm blew through. But it was really windy. It is a cool, but lovely 60 here this morning. 

Eva, thank you for taking such good care of us! I miss so many things on my first read. But thanks to you, I get the info I want. 

Just gym, Bindi walks and chores today. Have a bunch of leftovers from Saturday to finish. The salmon with strawberry relish was a huge hit. 

IMG_1255.jpeg.331f464861eff6a43410278e85b5201e.jpeg

IMG_0051.jpeg.1e01497fbcaa58c1d36e2d191bdf16eb.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. ❤️ Jacqui!

Cheers to all who are celebrating! Get well & stay well everyone!

Te Mata Hawkes Bay Coleraine 2020

I can only hope that some of our Dailyites around the World are able to enjoy these elusive New Zealand wines. This one sounds lovely & I would love a taste. I found several online distributors who ship worldwide with prices starting at $376.72 for a case of six bottles + shipping. Just not in my budget. 
Cameron Douglas’ review

This wine lives up to its reputation with this example. Opaque at the core with deep purple hues and a ruby pink rim with ink staining tears. An excellent bouquet of pure blackberry and doris plum scents, layers of black cherry and iron sand earthy qualities. Oak layers in myriad aromas from clove to vanilla and a toasty smoke layer with a sweet lift from new barrel. A stunning wine on the palate, taut and new with firm chalky tannins, backbone of acidity, olive and garrigue with a core of fleshy dark fruit flavours soaking up the new energy from barrel. Layers of baking spice and tobacco with a warmed earth mineral quality. This is the most impressive example of Coleraine to date. Best drinking from 2026 through 2040+.

Made with: 57% cabernet sauvignon, 36% merlot and 7% cabernet franc.

97 Points

Outstanding

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 11

Monday May 1 care and celebration list

Roy recovering from pneumonia and getting stronger

Jodiesme1 mother and Her DH with Covid in Guatemala 

Cruising sister toe issues needing to clear before cruise

Kazu recuperating

Crabby Patti caring for DF  who is no longer ambulatory

St Pete cruise in Hawaiian hospital but improving

Jazzyv falling and bruising her knees

Keeping kazu in prayers on first anniversary of Jose’s passing.

Too many shooting victims

Citizens of Ukraine and the Sudan 

Evacuees from Sudan 

From the rotation:

Marshhawk ‘s leg and feet cramps

Marshhawk’s dh with continuing nose issues 

Grapau27 needing hip surgery for arthritis 

Luvteaching’s DH in rehab

Celebrations

Rafinmd’s good report from the Oncologist, Podiatrist and pulmonologist

Cruzn single stepson with successful non cancerous tumour removal

NextOne not needing any procedures, July cruise is on!

Luvteaching DH making progress on mobility

Dobiemom extending her sleeping to 6+ hours

Dfish DS Sue moved in and unpacking

Surgery date for smitty34877 DH

Father David on a pilgrimage for 3 weeks (May 21)

Bennybear feeling better

Mamaofami’s dh pneumonia free

Welcome back

Oceansaway17 (Vision of the Seas to 5/1)

Lady Hudson (Anthem of the Seas to 5/1)

Many Dailyites cruising or with upcoming cruises

Bon voyage HAL4NOW (Koningsdam 5/1 to 5/6)

Bon voyage Cruising-along (Koningsdam 5/1 to 5/6)

1 days Lazey1 (Volendam 5/2 to 5/10)

1 days Sharon in az (volendam 5/2 to 5/10)(5/10 to 5/17) 

5 days Cruising sister (Nieuw Statendam 5/6to 5/28)

6 days Marshhawk (Nieuw Amsterdam 5/7 to 5/21)

Cruising

St Pete Cruiser (Noordam to 5/2), 

TiogaCruiser (Volendam to 5/2), 

Overhead Fred’s Anniversary cruise (Rotterdam to 5/6), AV8rix (Volendam to 5/6), 

Dismomx5 (Volendam to 5/6), 

USN59-79 (Westerdam to 5/7), 

Lobsternight (Nieuw Amsterdam to 5/7)

Cat in My Lap, Gail&Marty, Richwmn and HorizonChaser1957 (Zuiderdam to 5/12), 

Sharon in AZ (Volendam to 5/17) at sea

Jazzyv cruise (celebrity apex) and vacation to 5/28

• Like 18
  • Thanks 15

Rabbit rabbit white rabbit. 
Good morning,

Another sunny day here in Kansas. My goal is to finalize my packing and clean up the toys from the weekend of my DGK’s. Yesterday’s game was baseball. He does play soccer too but that ends this week until later this summer. 

My thoughts are with Jacqui. Today will be sad. prayers for those on the care list and others in need. 

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

Rabbit, Rabbit, White Rabbit.  Thank you Rich, Sandi, Eva, Ann, Debbie, and Dixie.  @grapau27 is Scotland still thinking about staying in the union?  I haven't really thought about Mother Goose for decades.  Funny quote.  Leis are nice.  I haven't been to Gladstone.  Loyalty is nice but integrity and kindness are more important.  The chicken parm sounds nice but I don't have an air fryer.  My alternative is Apple Pear, and Cucumber Salad, Surf & Turf (just turf for me) and Almond and Orange Cake as served on MS Nieuw Statendam May 1, 2019:

dishes0501.jpg

Roy

• Like 32
  • Thanks 1

Happy May Day to those who celebrate. I know Germany has a holiday today, too. 

grey and rainy here today but promises of better weather by the end of the week. The garlic looks good in the garden and the onions have sprouted as well. Endive lettuce is coming along but the yellow squash even under the little greenhouse shelter is not looking good. It went out too early I think.

we have company coming for lunch,  friends and former neighbours who have just returned from a month long road trip to phoenix to visit Simon’s mother and those great national parks, Grand Canyon, Bryce, Zion and arches. They are heading home from here 5 hours north of us. Like us, they use their mini van as a camper. I am eager to hear about their travels.

@kazu sending you hugs today. And I hope your elbow is less painful.

prayers for all on the care list and a celebratory shout out to those celebrating or cruising.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

We arrived home an hour late last night after our pilot arrived late from a previous flight.

Today is going to be a hectic turn around day for us in preparation for heading to Jacksonville and  taking care of grandchildren for almost two weeks. Jet lag isn’t helping.

Off and running. Have a great week.

Bruce

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 18

🐇🐇🐇

Happy Mother Goose Day!  Yesterday, while we were driving, traffic came to a stop.  I could see cars with flashers on. I got out of the car to see what was in the road.  It was a Mother Goose crossing the road with several goslings😊IMG_7346.jpeg.0fef9693747c116cbe3a44ef0378de31.jpeg

A more modern take on Mother Goose.

IMG_7345.jpeg.c7ed799b116d6492582d793e7998be3a.jpeg

Loved the beautiful leis when we visited Hawaii.  

Positive thoughts to those who need them. Cheers to those celebrating and cruising.

• Like 25
  • Haha 7

21 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Rabbit, Rabbit, White Rabbit.  Thank you Rich, Sandi, Eva, Ann, Debbie, and Dixie.  @grapau27 is Scotland still thinking about staying in the union?  I haven't really thought about Mother Goose for decades.  Funny quote.  Leis are nice.  I haven't been to Gladstone.  Loyalty is nice but integrity and kindness are more important.  The chicken parm sounds nice but I don't have an air fryer.  My alternative is Apple Pear, and Cucumber Salad, Surf & Turf (just turf for me) and Almond and Orange Cake as served on MS Nieuw Statendam May 1, 2019:

dishes0501.jpg

Roy

From my contacts in Scotland Roy they still want to stay in the union.

We do not get this in England but as part of the union :-

Scottish students do not pay university fees for 5 years.

Scottish people get free medicine prescriptions for everyone funded from London.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 8

I was curious about Gladstone.  It's apparently a very seldom visited port, showing once on cruisetimetables, Brilliance of the seas on February 24.  It's pretty far north.

image.png.231112e18f878f8aa9af315b68145971.png

Whatsinport suggests they have a new cruise terminal, I can't verify that and if so it may well be a white elephant but the primary attraction appears to be the Great Barrier Reef.

Roy

• Like 19
  • Thanks 8

Good Morning, thanks for today’s daily fleet report.  Today’s meal suggestion sounds good, although we will have leftover chicken from the weekend.  The rain has stopped and it should turn into a nice day.

The Eurodam will arrive in Juneau today.   https://www.juneauharborwebcam.com
I hope everyone has a good day today.

image.png.07d41348f429ffe3d52c660a62f56a42.png

• Like 16
  • Haha 10