Customer Service Sea Sickness Pill on the Constellation

Sunsibar

Hi.  Does anyone know whether the Customer Service Desk on the Constellation has Bonine or Dramamine?  Just to clarify, I am not asking if the Customer Service Desk carries sea sickness medication.  Instead, I am asking which of the two medications the Constellation carries for passengers who are sea sick.  Thank you!  

8 minutes ago, Sunsibar said:

Hi.  Does anyone know whether the Customer Service Desk on the Constellation has Bonine or Dramamine?  Just to clarify, I am not asking if the Customer Service Desk carries sea sickness medication.  Instead, I am asking which of the two medications the Constellation carries for passengers who are sea sick.  Thank you!  

Whichever they have had in the past does not guarantee they will have the same on your cruise. The only way to be certain is to take your own.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Millennium had meclixine for free at Customer Services counter last week.  they kept them behind the counter cans you had to ask for term.  My friend got them every day during the Panama Canal cruise.   They would only give them out one days worth at a time. She couldn’t stock up.  Had to go each day for them.  Worked a charm.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Obobru said:

Just buy and take your own. Not sure why a cruise company should supply them for people they should just sell them in the store or paid from the medical centre. 

I agree . Freebies should be for those who are not expecting to get seasick

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Obobru said:

Just buy and take your own. Not sure why a cruise company should supply them for people they should just sell them in the store or paid from the medical centre. 

Agreed. I could see having SOME on hand for people who have never cruised before. But for people who know they get seasick (personally I'd stick to land-based vacations if that were me - but I prefer to take as few medications as possible (I'm NOT anti-vax (I'm all boosted and everything!) or anti-med when you need it. I just feel like I'd rather avoid it if I can - ergo if I got seasick, only land-based trips), they should definitely take their own and not expect the cruiseline to underwrite their medication.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Obobru said:

Well the stores are not open every day, for one thing. A trip to the infirmary often incurs a fee.   Guest Services is there 24/7 

2 minutes ago, WestLakeGirl said:

Well the stores are not open every day, for one thing. A trip to the infirmary often incurs a fee.   Guest Services is there 24/7 

Stores are open everyday everywhere where people live before you get on a cruise, if people are asking what's available for free they know they have a need for them so buy them before boarding it's not rocket science. 

The medical clinic and store can hold stocks for people who didn't know they get sea sick but that number of people is small and are first time cruisers. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Obobru said:

The medical clinic and store can hold stocks for people who didn't know they get sea sick but that number of people is small and are first time cruisers. 

Not so.  Many people cruise time after time and then suddenly have queasy feelings because the seas are rougher. You know that the number who are suddenly overcome is not small because you see the cruise line place seasickness bags around the ship.  

If you don’t need the medicine, fine, but many do and there is no reason to denegrate them because of it

• Like 5

1 hour ago, WestLakeGirl said:

If you don’t need the medicine, fine, but many do and there is no reason to denegrate them because of it

It's not denigrating people who need it. I personally don't get why you'd put yourself through something you know will make you sick, but hey - you do you.

It IS telling people who know they will need it to be responsible for themselves and bring their own.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

But how do they plan for that?  It's easier for them to keep a supply on hand no matter the reason.  It would be silly to have a ship full of sick people when there is a med that can help.  No different than airsickness bags.  If you suddenly need it, then it benefits everyone to have it on hand.

As noted, some people may be flying in from someplace where they cannot get it in advance.  I personally start taking it a day or two before sailing so it's already in my system.  However, one time I somehow lost an envelope of pills from the box between my hotel and the ship, so I was certainly glad they had some for me to supplement until I could buy more.  I do ok on ships but have had issues with smaller boats.  It's the reason why I didn't cruise for a long time until a friend convinced me that I would be ok with the combo of medication and the size of a cruise ship.

we bring our own  sea bands and meclizine...ginger & gingerale can help too.  we do not tend to seasickness but  take the meds if rough seas are predicted..  

my bestie takes the pills for vertigo..makes sense

• Thanks 1

OP here.  I guess I should have stated the reason I was asking my question.  I didn't include it in the original post because all I was doing was asking a simple question.  It is so odd to me that some people would take things out of context (with wrong assumptions) and use my post to make judgements. 

Anyway, the reason I asked was because I wanted to purchase the pills that the cruise line did not give out.  I have not tried either medication and I have no idea if I will be sea sick or not.  I figured if I bought one medication and it did not work for me, there would at least be a backup of another medication available.  I have also purchased wristbands and ginger candies.  

And, yes, I could purchase both kinds of medicine but if I don't, I doubt it will affect your cruise at all.  As for Celebrity, it appears it has chosen to make this expense one of those of doing business-- like providing toiletries and toilet paper.  Charmin or Scotts anyone?   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

49 minutes ago, Sunsibar said:

OP here. 

As for Celebrity, it appears it has chosen to make this expense one of those of doing business-- like providing toiletries and toilet paper.  Charmin or Scotts anyone?   

Have you been on a Celebrity cruise ?

it is more little which grit of sandpaper do you want ? 😱😭

IMG_3554.thumb.jpeg.9385317b49c898a04254c9ccf7f22bc8.jpeg

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Sunsibar said:

OP here.  I guess I should have stated the reason I was asking my question. 

You shouldn't have to explain.  You asked a question and unfortunately a lot of people offered unwarranted judgement instead of a helpful answer.  It's beyond my understand why people do that. 

• Like 3

I used to buy Dramamine and it worked great except I immediately fell asleep. Then I tried Bonine and it worked better without side effects. If I had no choice, I would take either. In 50+ cruises I only got really seasick twice. Once crossing from Athens to Italy where half the ship was sick and once in a bay outside of Bordeaux France. . We now only ask and eat at tables for two ( although often talk to nearby tables) but when we were younger and had more patience and traveled with our kids we often sat with other families. We have made lifelong friends this way.