New Suite Deposits Effective June 1, 2023

1 hour ago, shellunderwater said:

The new policy only applies to suites.  All other cabins remain the same, I believe.

Yes, I've been correct earlier.  Thanks though!  I was thinking that the normal, current, deposit was $500 per person but it's actually $500 per stateroom and the Next Cruise Desk gave us a deal of $500 for both of us, I thought we got the $250 per person reduction.  DON'T GET OLD!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, twangster said:

They keep on saying that grand suite are cheaper on older ships but I don't see that.  Someone forgot to tell the revenue dept to lower the full suites on older ships.    

Pricing in pic for Navigator Sept 27, '23. GS $6641.10 for 2 people - not a deal IMHO. 

Nav GS.jpg

NV pricing.jpg

• Like 3

17 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

That’s unfortunate, and quite a big $$ difference. We did an onboard booking in Feb, then booked a Sky Suite on Beyond on its Nov 2024 TA. Paid $100pp deposit. With new rules that deposit would be about $1,200 (for 2). 

We have every intention of doing the cruise but life sometimes happens. With the new rules we would not have booked it. At least we are grandfathered in.

mac_tlc

The big difference with X versus RCI is that Sky Suites receive entrance and full use of the Retreat and Zenith’s no longer have access. Sky Suites are considered a full suite whereas the JS currently does not. I can see why X moved to this position for all suites. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Pricing in pic for Navigator Sept 27, '23. GS $6641.10 for 2 people - not a deal IMHO. 

I wonder what it would have been if you had booked that cruise when the itineraries were first released.

The October 2024 Adventure Southern GS that we booked the day that the itineraries were released (literally had to inform the Next Cruise desk that they were bookable because they hadn't received the heads up from Miami yet) was $5710 all in (including insurance). I just did a mock booking on that same cruise and a GS two doors down from the one we booked is now $7,500 all in.

5 minutes ago, cruisingator2 said:

The big difference with X versus RCI is that Sky Suites receive entrance and full use of the Retreat and Zenith’s no longer have access. Sky Suites are considered a full suite whereas the JS currently does not. I can see why X moved to this position for all suites. 

This is one reason we prefer the Suite experience on Celebrity and have enjoyed sailing in a Sky Suite. JS on RCI are "suites" in name only. 

• Like 2

Can anyone clarify for me how “non-refundable” is implemented? On the last cruise I was on I was told that of my deposit, if I cancelled before final payment I would lose 100 and the rest would become FCC. Is that no longer the case? Or has that not been the case and I misunderstood?

27 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Nav GS.jpg

NV pricing.jpg

Agree. We booked/cruised three RCI cruises last October and all were in a GS. Two of the ships did not include Wi-Fi which we had to purchase. On the Symphony we had use of CK and Wi-Fi was included. I realize that all ships do not have CK but RCI needs to up the perks to at least include Wi-Fi in full suites on the older ships. I find their prices to be higher than Celebrity at times who gives full suites Wi-Fi, butler service, OBC, gratuities and Luminae. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I just had clarification on the non refundable deposits.

The entire deposit amount is now lost if you cancel or move a booking.  The option to change sail dates for a $100pp penalty no longer exists for suites.

Wow! and not in a good way.   Is this noted anywhere? 

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The entire deposit amount is now lost if you cancel or move a booking.  The option to change sail dates for a $100pp penalty no longer exists for suites.

I was told a few weeks ago (by a RC rep) that if I cancelled I’d lose the entire deposit, but if I booked a new sailing, I’d lose the $100 pp and could apply the remaining $300 to the new booking. This was for a balcony - not a suite. 
Is this no longer the case?  

8 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That's ridiculous. We never book with the intention of canceling, but life happens. I don't see us booking suites anymore, unless it's last minute. Maybe that's what they want. Even airlines offer you the ability to change for a fee. Disney has had nonrefundable deposits on suites for years, but you could always change dates. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

I was told a few weeks ago (by a RC rep) that if I cancelled I’d lose the entire deposit, but if I booked a new sailing, I’d lose the $100 pp and could apply the remaining $300 to the new booking. This was for a balcony - not a suite. 
Is this no longer the case?  

This new policy only applies to suites.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

🤬

5 hours ago, twangster said:

They keep on saying that grand suite are cheaper on older ships but I don't see that.  Someone forgot to tell the revenue dept to lower the full suites on older ships.    

They are if you book early.  My 8-nighter GS for 3 on Adventure in June 2024 cost me $3200 total. Yet right now to book for 3 it'd cost over $10k

2 minutes ago, ShillyShally said:

I trust nothing verbally said by Royal!

I agree.  

I will add that I also 100% trust what Ken says. Let’s play this out and see what RC really means. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The option will eventually not exist for any reservations. RCI may find that it is cutting its own throat if people just start waiting until close in to book anything.

• Like 2

Just now, A&L_Ont said:

I agree.  

I will add that I also 100% trust what Ken says. Let’s play this out and see what RC really means. 

True, He tends to know his stuff and likely has better sources!  I just know I've been given so much misinformation in recent times I had to call (I do everything I can to NOT have to, but sometimes...), that I cringe for anyone that believes what any one CSR says!

• Like 1