New Suite Deposits Effective June 1, 2023

19 minutes ago, RosieRoo said:

They would have to enlarge CK for sure. On Harmony in January it was super crowded with the Suite Guests and Pinnacles. Or do you think they would take the perk away from Pinnacles if they allowed JS access?  

On allure pinnacles were allowed 1 lunch and 1 dinner slot. Already being cut back depending how many there are. I think we had 79 pinnacles. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, RosieRoo said:

They would have to enlarge CK for sure. On Harmony in January it was super crowded with the Suite Guests and Pinnacles. Or do you think they would take the perk away from Pinnacles if they allowed JS access?  

CK on our last Oasis cruise was packed because of Pinnacles. I think they should go back to having their own lounge and leave CK just for suites. Using it as a loyalty perk as well as the suite lounge dilutes the perk for both groups.

• Like 9

31 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Lowered deposits never applied to full suites

Curiosity here since I am pretty new to cruising.  I booked a $200 deposit at Next cruise back on 8/29/22.  I used it for a CL on Harmony that we just got off a couple of weeks ago.

On that cruise, I booked 2 more $200 deposits, hoping to book Utopia next month and get the OBC or Icon next summer when it releases (losing the promotional OBC.)  The lady at Next Cruise said I would get my OBC for a suite and could use this deposit for any suite within a year. The only thing that I would lose if I book more than 60 days from the cruise is the OBC.

Is this not true? I can't use the Next Cruise deposit on a suite? Did I just get a clueless RCL rep when I booked our CL with a next cruise deposit?  Also now wondering how my $200 deposit will work with the new suite rules.

15 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

Was it a JS or full suite. I’ve never been able to get a reduced deposit on a suite at NC. I never really cared anyway. Pay me now or pay me later…

Full suites on Independence and Mariner but they were/will be short 4 day cruises.

15 minutes ago, cruise_co said:

Curiosity here since I am pretty new to cruising.  I booked a $200 deposit at Next cruise back on 8/29/22.  I used it for a CL on Harmony that we just got off a couple of weeks ago.

On that cruise, I booked 2 more $200 deposits, hoping to book Utopia next month and get the OBC or Icon next summer when it releases (losing the promotional OBC.)  The lady at Next Cruise said I would get my OBC for a suite and could use this deposit for any suite within a year. The only thing that I would lose if I book more than 60 days from the cruise is the OBC.

Is this not true? I can't use the Next Cruise deposit on a suite? Did I just get a clueless RCL rep when I booked our CL with a next cruise deposit?  Also now wondering how my $200 deposit will work with the new suite rules.

You could have to pay the full deposit when you actually book.

I'm sure ourusualbeach knows ..though rcl is consistently inconsistent. 

27 minutes ago, cruise_co said:

YOu will need to pay the full deposit.  The next cruise reps are clueless most of the time.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

On allure pinnacles were allowed 1 lunch and 1 dinner slot. Already being cut back depending how many there are. I think we had 79 pinnacles. 

I was told a few months ago the cut-off was less than 50 Pinnacles on the cruise.  Seems they can handle an increase of 50 more people in the CK.

56 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

CK on our last Oasis cruise was packed because of Pinnacles. I think they should go back to having their own lounge and leave CK just for suites. Using it as a loyalty perk as well as the suite lounge dilutes the perk for both groups.

Politely not agreeing with you.  I have been on ships where the CK was practically empty during meals.  Adding Pinnacles increased their use of the restaurant.

Of course, being a Pinnacle myself, I am totally biased about this.  😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

50 total Pinns or 50 non-suite Pinns?

Not sure, but I think it was non-Suite.  It was the Concierge in the Suite Lounge on either the Allure or the Oasis.  I went in on embarkation day to ask, and was told I could eat all my meals in the CK, since the Pinnacle count was below 50.  I assume they don't count Suite Pinnacles, since they are allowed in by staying in a suite.

Edited by pcur

1 hour ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

Personally I think it’s a good change. It will stop those that book the suites as soon as the itinerary comes out hoping the price will go down and when it doesn’t cancel before final payment. This drives up the price for the remaining suites as the inventory is low. Hopefully this deters some of that.

People used to do this when deposits were refundable if you cancel before final payment is due. A few years ago they made suite deposits non-refundable.

People used to book suites on multiple cruises to keep their options open, then cancel right before final payment all but the suite they decided to keep. 

People don't book suites and then cancel if the price doesn't go down - they will lose their deposit. 

• Like 2

Overall I think this change is inconsequential.

Slight bummer now that JS and VP are NRD only but in truth I was booking most of them as NRD anyways.  

For an upcoming Star booking the deposit would have been a few hundred more.  Meh.  Still would have booked it.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Scoobydobe7 said:

What is a VP??

Category of suite on select ships such as some Voyager and Freedom class.  It was a rarity in that it is a "full suite' yet can be booked with a refundable deposit, until June 1. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

And that is why you paid  the $200...short sailings only had a $1000 deposit per person, even in a suite

I was not the one who said that it could not be only $200.