New Suite Deposits Effective June 1, 2023

2 hours ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

CK on our last Oasis cruise was packed because of Pinnacles. I think they should go back to having their own lounge and leave CK just for suites. Using it as a loyalty perk as well as the suite lounge dilutes the perk for both groups.

We just sailed Oasis a couple of weeks ago and though there was a low number of pinnacles, they were a demanding group.  This was the first time we have ever had a wait for breakfast in CK.  There was a half hour wait when we arrived for breakfast with all tables full.  There were four tables of pinnacles chatting when we got there, done with their meals.  When we were seated 25 minutes later, they were still just sitting there chatting, when we left, they still were just sitting there gabbing.  They could have easily moved over to the SL and freed the tables up, though the SL was getting crowded with those waiting.

• Like 7

22 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

We just sailed Oasis a couple of weeks ago and though there was a low number of pinnacles, they were a demanding group.  This was the first time we have ever had a wait for breakfast in CK.  There was a half hour wait when we arrived for breakfast with all tables full.  There were four tables of pinnacles chatting when we got there, done with their meals.  When we were seated 25 minutes later, they were still just sitting there chatting, when we left, they still were just sitting there gabbing.  They could have easily moved over to the SL and freed the tables up, though the SL was getting crowded with those waiting.

I just saw a report that there’ll be 600 P’s on the President’s Cruise. 
I wonder how CK will handle that.. 😁

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

I just saw a report that there’ll be 600 P’s on the President’s Cruise. 
I wonder how CK will handle that.. 😁

That's a lot of P. 

Hope the bathrooms are functioning well. 

• Haha 8

40 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Yea that’s not right. On lobster night we had to wait just to get a seat in the lounge to wait for our dinner reservation that ended up being an hour late. I don’t think CK or the suite lounge should be used as a loyalty perk. Especially now with the increased pricing it’s going to rub people the wrong way.

• Like 9

39 minutes ago, twangster said:

That's a lot of P. 

Hope the bathrooms are functioning well. 

That just sounds like a miserable cruise!! I wish they would announce 2024 and 2025 so I know what cruises to avoid booking. 

Edited by CruisingHogFan
  • Like 2

Coupled with the change in NRD plus the exorbitant suite prices for GS and above, at least on Oasis class and newer, looks like I may have to book some on board Celebrity Sky Suites—- before they change their deposit amount too. 

Every incremental change pushes us farther away. They may not care, but it is the case. 

mac_tlc

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

Coupled with the change in NRD plus the exorbitant suite prices for GS and above, at least on Oasis class and newer, looks like I may have to book some on board Celebrity Sky Suites—- before they change their deposit amount too. 

Every incremental change pushes us farther away. They may not care, but it is the case. 

mac_tlc

I believe Celebrity is implementing the same policy. 
m

31 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

mac_tlc

Surprise! It's the same on Celebrity!

7 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I believe Celebrity is implementing the same policy. 
m

They implemented the same NRD policy recently. Waiting for them to make more changes. Our last on board booking in February was still $100 deposit pp for a Sky Suite. 

mac_tlc

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

CK on our last Oasis cruise was packed because of Pinnacles.

We had one bad day in CK and we believe the excessive number of Pinnacles didn't help.  That being said, since the limits have been put in place it's been better.  I think Royal is trying, but, they have dug themselves into a deep hole and times they still haven't put down the shovel.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

I don’t think CK or the suite lounge should be used as a loyalty perk. Especially now with the increased pricing it’s going to rub people the wrong way.

I'd agree.  I will say that what annoys me more is not so much the current policies but the fact they management does seem to have a consistent plan.  They just seem to take turns annoying suite guests, then the Pinns.  Eventually this is not going to be a winning strategy.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mac_tlc said:

mac_tlc

Should have kept reading, already addressed

Edited by Ourusualbeach

1 hour ago, Merion_Mom said:

Surprise! It's the same on Celebrity!

That’s unfortunate, and quite a big $$ difference. We did an onboard booking in Feb, then booked a Sky Suite on Beyond on its Nov 2024 TA. Paid $100pp deposit. With new rules that deposit would be about $1,200 (for 2). 

We have every intention of doing the cruise but life sometimes happens. With the new rules we would not have booked it. At least we are grandfathered in.

mac_tlc

• Like 1

4 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

600 PInnacles?  Gonna be a lot of old ladies and swelled egos.

I kid!  Sort of.

The crew should get double pay for putting up with all that for a week for sure.

• Like 1

I hate to break everyone's Pinnacle bashing bubble...but how many of those Pinnies in the SL/CK are in full suites?  Do anyone of you have a detector that lets you know for sure that they are just sailing on the cheap in inside cabins...or are they actually in a full suite?  

Also please remember...Pinnacles are simply pax that happen to enjoy cruising...a lot of cruises.  Try not to demonize the group as whole.  There are bad and good in all walks of life.  Simply ignore the bad and embrace the good.  You may be missing out on some really wonderful people when you read that book by the cover.   

• Like 10

56 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Is that an update from the earlier announcement today as the 1st Celebrity announcement I saw didn't address NRD deposit. 

I just looked at it again and while it appears that you can make a refundable deposit it is really just lip service as the one sailing I quickly checked had a $4000 price difference on a CS

27 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I just looked at it again and while it appears that you can make a refundable deposit it is really just lip service as the one sailing I quickly checked had a $4000 price difference on a CS

The difference between refundable and non-refundable deposits is that you get a 75% discount on the second guest with a non-refundable deposit or 50% off second guest with a refundable deposit. That's the current promotion anyways. You must've priced the most expensive itinerary available to get a price difference of $4k for a CS refundable vs. non-refundable.