Carnival Celebration Delay

Tatertottie

Carnival has really impressed me today. 

Not just with the freebies, but also little things like letting guests know where dinner will be served tonight and that the revised itinerary won't be ready until tomorrow. Also, having cabins ready at embarkation. Sometimes it's the little things.

MSC and NCL are miles behind carnival today.

• Like 16

39 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Not just with the freebies, but also little things like letting guests know where dinner will be served tonight and that the revised itinerary won't be ready until tomorrow. Also, having cabins ready at embarkation. Sometimes it's the little things.

Me too. For the first time I’m pricing carnival cruises. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, tidecat said:

It's just after 8:30 PM and boarding is about to start.

Yep they've made an announcement. Boarding will be by Zone number per usual. They'll start with Diamond, Platinum, Suites and FTTF followed by Zone A01.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

I think Carnival learned their lesson the hard way with the fiasco in Charleston last month. Ship was stuck in a storm, didn’t debark until 5 or 6 pm? They were still boarding people for the next cruise at 11 or 12 pm? Pretty sure no OBC or food options were offered but I’d be interested to hear from others who were in that delayed sailing?

Carnival has shown today that they are above other cruise lines in responding to unforeseen circumstances. None of this was expected, but they took the "high road" and were proactive in their response. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sail2day said:

Carnival has shown today that they are above other cruise lines in responding to unforeseen circumstances. None of this was expected, but they took the "high road" and were proactive in their response. 

Sadly they have not always shown this. A fact of life is that a broken clock can still be right twice a day. The ship delayed today was their newest and their biggest showcase along with the other excel ship. If they didn’t get it right today - that would have been a big shame

Happy they did get it right. 

• Like 3

We've been onboard since about 9:30pm. We completed muster right away, grabbed a drink at Golden Jubilee, then made a reservation for Chibang. Our table was ready immediately and we enjoyed our dinner and conversation with staff and crew. All of the staff is really trying their best to put on a smile, remain cheerful, and help everyone to relax and be excited for the trip. 2 out of 3 bags have been delivered to our stateroom. Not bad in my opinion. Guest services says they'll be delivering bags until 2am. We are still docked but watched NCL sail away. Lots of cheering from both ships as we waved goodbye and wished them well. Glad to be onboard after a long day for everyone. Will provide more updates if anything notable occurs.

• Like 12

Kudos really to all three of these cruise lines CCL, NCL and MSC, and their personnel along with the Port of Miami for pulling this off! Beyond a logistical nightmare going on here to turn around roughly 30K+ people with roughly 5K+ crew members and who knows how many port people involved at totally abnormal hours for all. Also the Carnival Conquest and Sunrise ships along with the RCCL Freedom of the Seas are scheduled to be arriving at the port in just a few hours.

16 hours ago, lazydayz said:

What a tragedy.  Hope the injured person pulls through and realizes he is a hero.  The family of the deceased may eventually get some closure.

Why would he be a hero? What did he do?

• Thanks 1

We were highly impressed with Carnival years ago when the Pride's engines stopped out in the Pacific Ocean on our way back to Long Beach and we were stranded there for almost a day while they worked to fix the problem. Guest Services set up phones with the different airlines so we could change flights and paid for the changes. We were given $$$ for hotel and food once we got back to Long Beach and 50% FCC for our next cruise. Love Carnival and the crew could not have been more wonderful. 

• Like 2

I'm glad the ships all got underway last night. And yes, I think Carnival did an outstanding job handling the unexpected situation that was totally out of their control.

The reported "facts" around the collision give me hints as to what happened, but I'm sure the official report will be comprehensive.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

At one point there was a report that a diver was injured trying to rescue the missing passenger. I haven't seen anything else to confirm that. The poster could have been referring to that though.  

• Like 1

On 6/25/2023 at 10:38 AM, lazydayz said:

What a tragedy.  Hope the injured person pulls through and realizes he is a hero.  The family of the deceased may eventually get some closure.

14 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

1 hour ago, USU_Aggie said:

At one point there was a report that a diver was injured trying to rescue the missing passenger. I haven't seen anything else to confirm that. The poster could have been referring to that though.  

Ok, I thought you were talking about the injured boater. Still don’t think the diver was a hero. He didn’t do anything extraordinary except his job.

We were on Celebration and had a 4pm flight, but we didn’t step off the ship until 6:00. We had booked our air thru Carnival’s Fly2Fun so we called them from onboard when it became obvious we weren’t going to make it. Carnival rebooked us for today and paid for our hotel. I’m really happy we used their air service for this one because they were really responsive and took care of us. Right now we’re waiting to board our second flight home.

• Like 13

The missing diver was a different situation, not related to the boat/ferry crash. It happened on Deerfield Beach on the same day. I think the confusion was caused by the radio transmissions heard on the live videos. There was a mention of the missing diver at about 3:30 a.m.  I wondered why a diver would be reported missing in the middle of the night, but it was just regarding the continued search. 

• Like 1