What are you missing on Royal Caribbean nowdays? What would you bring back?

1. hors d' hoevres at formal night into the cabin

2. suite and pinnacle party

3.C&A set sail party

4. there used to be an additional wine bottle either from HD, GSM or loyalty amb, now only for suites (Jewel)

5. lunch with an officer back to dinner; including officers at the tables

6. lunch with an officer with an accentuated menue, like filet, surf and turf etc (not on Jewel) plus a matching accentuated wine , no Tisdale 

7. 2 cabin services per day

8. when CK is too full, CK menue available at an additional place

9 Blueberry muffins 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

And it was removed on at least Voyager and Adventure when new cabins were added.

We cruised on EX 4 times when it was in NJ but haven't been on Voyager class since.  Will be on AD in early 2025.  We used to go up and look down on the bridge when the curtains were open.  Not really much to watch lol.  Usually just a couple of officers sitting/standing.

On 7/12/2023 at 10:04 PM, cynt said:

OMG! I was just telling my husband that Royal use to have a topless deck. I remember stumbling upon it while looking for an empty lounger. 

Carnival had a topless deck.  I don't remember Royal ever having it.    It also was hard to "stumble upon" as it was on a very top deck with signs at the bottom of the outside stairs clearly saying it was topless and only for 18 and above.  Only accessible via that one set of stairs.

Edited by BND
  • Like 2

I’m 65 so this is going back, but they would make a real caesar salad tableside 

It was in a wooden bowl with Dijon mustard and anchovies.  Also baked Alaska.

I guess with the flames it is a no no today, but it was a nice end to a dining experience.

The maitre’d used to cut the protein (meat) dishes served to our daughters. The food in the main dining room was good. Now we don’t set foot in there. Times …they are

a’ changing. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, longislandcruisers said:

I’m 65 so this is going back, but they would make a real caesar salad tableside 

It was in a wooden bowl with Dijon mustard and anchovies.  Also baked Alaska.

I guess with the flames it is a no no today, but it was a nice end to a dining experience.

Also had table side prepared flaming cherries jubilee.

• Like 2

On 7/16/2023 at 6:39 PM, Tree_skier said:

I wish they'd go back to enforcing a dress code on formal nights. 🙂

We have traveled with Oceania a number of times now and the food is FANTASTIC 

And guess what, men almost always wear a sport jacket to dinner and the ladies are dressed impeccably. 

• Like 1

My next cruise is not in a suite, and I will miss the twice a day cleaning.  No, I am not a slob… but I really did enjoy coming into a made up bed in the afternoon, and a turned down bed after dinner.  Next cruise is with my mom though, so I’m sure she’ll ensure we’ll make up our beds 😉

On 7/18/2023 at 4:17 PM, longislandcruisers said:

baked Alaska.

On 7/18/2023 at 4:32 PM, Another_Critic said:

Also had table side prepared flaming cherries jubilee.

Yes! the Baked Alaska Parade was always fun. I also miss the Cherries Jubilee with the flames

• Like 1

On 7/12/2023 at 5:17 PM, toxicfairy said:

Please don't be mean it's just my opinion...

Actual formal nights. I love getting dressed to the nines and seeing all the beautiful gowns and men in suits and tuxedos. We still do it but it was so much better when everyone did. I would ohhh and ahhh as people came in all fancied up.

👍🏼

On 7/13/2023 at 10:52 PM, restasured said:

I would imagine the ridiculous amount of ugly ink people are putting on their bodies today.

I believe they now call it body “art”. 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

On 7/22/2023 at 2:43 PM, garrymorere said:

I don't have as many years under my belt as a lot of longtime cruisers on here, but I really miss the roasted garlic soup that was on the MDR menu up until a few years back.  

I don’t ever remember seeing roasted garlic soup. That sounds good.

On 7/17/2023 at 5:09 PM, trippen texan said:

Dinner at night with the captain We had one in January on the Radiance of the sea haven't done that in years captain Marek It would  be nice if the all did it again.

Captain Marek just showed up in my memories 🙂 2017 Vision Baltic Cruise!CaptainMarek.thumb.jpg.57e1649a7aad9ea1454730bf868ecb5f.jpg