Eliminating Butlers - Spoke to Celebrity. Here is conversation.

LMHSRN

9 minutes ago, jbcallender said:

I was in a Celebrity Suite last week.  My Butler said his job was being eliminated and he was offered another position, effective 8/18.  That's all I can report.

Yes some of the lower rated butlers are being let go for their low ratings the better ones are being reassigned to the Celebrity Suites and up as dedicated butlers. But, I would take the information I have received firsthand from Celebrity over what a butler tells you. And for the last time Celebrity Suites are not affected or included in this new team of butler/retreat hosts for ONLY Sky Suites.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Why too complicated?  Seems pretty simple.  Small number of suites overall.  Most non-suite passengers have to choose between two individual MDR times or Anytime dining before every cruise and Celebrity handles choices like that.  I still believe that many suite cruisers will choose the Butler Team anyway.

X can' t even handle  reserved dining res for the 4 mdrs  on E cass ships  so now the 4 mdrs are just " show up"..sort of like a food court at the mall.

Anytime Dining cruisers often require buzzers even if they reserved set times

I think it is more logical organizationally  for it to go by category not choice..

15 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Yes some of the lower rated butlers are being let go for their low ratings the better ones are being reassigned to the Celebrity Suites and up as dedicated butlers. But, I would take the information I have received firsthand from Celebrity over what a butler tells you. And for the last time Celebrity Suites are not affected or included in this new team of butler/retreat hosts for ONLY Sky Suites.

The poster was only relating what they had been told, wow!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, terrydtx said:

The issue with the changes has nothing to do with whether or not you use your butler, but that Celebrity is making a change to an amenity that was advertised when we booked and now it may not be what we booked.

Have you or anyone you know called a lawyer to ask if Celebrity can be sued for doing this?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Please tell me that you don’t believe what the help tells you?  Seriously!

How did you draw that conclusion? I was commenting on what I thought was an unjustly aggressive post to someone who was merely passing on information. Costs nothing to be polite.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, weregoingcruising said:

Have you or anyone you know called a lawyer to ask if Celebrity can be sued for doing this?

According to the cruise contract you enter into with Celebrity when you book a cruise, they reserve the right to make changes.  So, I do not see why anyone would bother with a lawyer.  But, IANAL so maybe I am wrong. 

• Like 2

Not to keep beating this one, but it will be interesting see from Sky Suite guests that are booked on a cruise when this actually goes into effect what the difference is, i.e., just a name change, previous butlers are now part of a team of folks where any of them service the suite, or, etc. We book both Celebrity and Sky suites (mostly Sky Suites of late) and enjoyed having the same Butler on the last three cruises in Sky, to include a 21 day Carib/TA/Med, and he was going to be with us in December but appears this may change...will be disappointing if that is the case and we are not needy guests we just enjoy his level of service and as a person.  

As always, look forward to continued impressions and experiences.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jbcallender said:

I was in a Celebrity Suite last week.  My Butler said his job was being eliminated and he was offered another position, effective 8/18.  That's all I can report.

Both can be true, as CS may get a dedicated butler, but there will be less butlers overall. 

1 hour ago, C4HCG said:

How did you draw that conclusion? I was commenting on what I thought was an unjustly aggressive post to someone who was merely passing on information. Costs nothing to be polite.

Let me translate to American.

I was asking whether you believe the staff when reporting an issue, or management?  Which party do you think is most reliable in conveying information?

44 minutes ago, verizon said:

To be fair Celebrity should follow the old system if they book before the announcement or allow them to cancel with full refund.

There's no way to follow the old system for prior bookers. Are they going to let 8 butlers go and then re-hire one in 2 months when some early bookers cruise?

19 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I was asking whether you believe the staff when reporting an issue, or management?  Which party do you think is most reliable in conveying information?

I am asking why you would randomly choose to ask me that question?  Hope you understand that simple question this time 

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, C4HCG said:

I am asking why you would randomly choose to ask me that question?  Hope you understand that simple question this time 

We’re in a discussion thread.  Where you made a comment.  Which I asked you about.  Because you made the comment, not someone else.

If I have upset you then I will stop talking to you.  No need for the sarcasm.

Edited by zitsky

2 minutes ago, zitsky said:

We’re in a discussion thread.  Where you made a comment.  Which I asked you about.  Because you made the comment, not someone else.

If I have upset you then I will stop talking to you.  No need for the sarcasm.

I did not make a comment about who is the most reliable source of information which is the question you asked me. Ask me about my comment, more than happy to discuss. And agree, sarcasm not called for from me. 

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

Or you.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, C4HCG said:

I did not make a comment about who is the most reliable source of information which is the question you asked me. Ask me about my comment, more than happy to discuss. And agree, sarcasm not called for from me. 

Or you.

That wasn’t sarcasm.  That was an attempt to translate a post that you were having trouble understanding due to my language.

Edited by zitsky

3 hours ago, terrydtx said:

I would take the word of a butler whose job/pay scale may be affected over the spin X can put on it.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, zitsky said:

That wasn’t sarcasm.  That was an attempt to translate a post that you were having trouble understanding due to my language.

So you can now read my mind?  

As an aside, you did say you would stop talking to me. Even someone not particularly clever like me who has trouble understanding things (according to you) read and understood that. Yet you carry on. Are you feeling ok?

Edited by C4HCG
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

I would take the word of a butler whose job/pay scale may be affected over the spin X can put on it.

Has anyone ever not had a steward tell them they send every penny home, or that they have 5 kids, or that the family depends on them, or…. My point is, the cabin attendants are not stupid, and they know how stretching a story will quite possibly work to their benefit tip wise. So yes, I might be cautious about what a butler or steward tells me, staff or work related.

2 minutes ago, clojacks said:

Has anyone ever not had a steward tell them they send every penny home, or that they have 5 kids, or that the family depends on them, or…. My point is, the cabin attendants are not stupid, and they know how stretching a story will quite possibly work to their benefit tip wise. So yes, I might be cautious about what a butler or steward tells me, staff or work related.

Actually we haven’t heard any comments regarding tips for several years.

The usual request is for a rating of 10 on the post cruise survey.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, clojacks said:

Let's stick to this subject....the butler who will (or has) probably lose his job is believable...the 5 kids, etc may not be. Most of us can read the tea leaves without a poster explaining how we're being 'taken in'.  My birth certificate didn't note 'stupid' as my middle name.

Edited by Oceangoer2
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, mayleeman said:

Wish there was an outside to tell some bickerers to take their fight to.  Bars are better than forums!

HAHA!  I'd lose the bar fight but I'm not always partial to taking the verbal swings some throw especially when I'm in an ouchy mood.  But Peace to All...😇

• Like 1

20 hours ago, hcat said:

X can' t even handle  reserved dining res for the 4 mdrs  on E cass ships  so now the 4 mdrs are just " show up"..sort of like a food court at the mall.

Anytime Dining cruisers often require buzzers even if they reserved set times

I think it is more logical organizationally  for it to go by category not choice..

Sort of like a mall food court? 😀  Maybe a step above that.  But even in a food court there are usually no buzzers or waiting system.

21 hours ago, hcat said:

same for us we are self starters!

..but our Butler was always knocking on our door... wanting to do for us..Truthfully, she was a pest.

folks at the Retreat desk were very helpful. often with.instant results

sorry for those who will miss the Butler in Sky Suites , esp if they booked with that perk

We are happy to go back to AQ Class..we missed BLU and thermal suites!

Same for me. Never had a butler but also don't see the need. I'm one who is a do it yourself as well. Just the way I've always operated. 

• Thanks 1