Printed Xpress pass vs app Xpress pass

whataboutport

I have received my boarding documents, yay! However there is verbage in the paperwork that states: 

"Remember to print your Xpress Pass and bring it with you in order to board the ship. In the absence of a printed Xpress Pass, additional forms will need to be completed at the Pier."

Then on the website, it says:

"Your digital boarding passes are ready, get them in the app now

Using the app will improve your experience, but if you don’t have a smartphone or cannot access the app, print this page and bring it with you to the terminal."

If I have the Xpress pass on my app, why do I need it printed out? And if I have it on my app and not printed out, that inadvertently means I need additional forms? Or is this yet another example of the IT/website messed up again?

Do I need to print out the entire guest ticket booklet or just the one with the bar code? Or none?

Call me a Dinosaur, but I always have a printed copy of our boarding passes accessible in case of the unexpected, lost phone , dead battery , weak signal etc……. You don’t have to use it , but it is reassuring to know you can access it if need be.

Hope you have a great cruise 🚢👍🍀
A copy of the statement showing all the details like drink packages , onboard credits etc and the page with the barcode should have you covered.

Edited by horseymike
  • Like 6

14 minutes ago, whataboutport said:

If I have the Xpress pass on my app, why do I need it printed out?

You don't.

14 minutes ago, whataboutport said:

Do I need to print out the entire guest ticket booklet or just the one with the bar code? Or none?

All you need is an Xpress pass, printed or digital. 😊

Edited by Texed

I take a screen shot of the Xpress page.  But I also print a copy.  I just find it easier to stick  the printed pass in my passport which frees my other hand for handling carry ons.  
Of course then someone sticks a hand sanitizer dispenser in front of me.  I guess that’s for the 3rd and 4th hands which I don’t have

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

37 minutes ago, whataboutport said:

Don't even consider printing out the entire guest ticket booklet -- it is pages long.  If it makes you feel better than download it onto a laptop.

2 hours ago, whataboutport said:

I have received my boarding documents, yay! However there is verbage in the paperwork that states: 

"Remember to print your Xpress Pass and bring it with you in order to board the ship. In the absence of a printed Xpress Pass, additional forms will need to be completed at the Pier."

Then on the website, it says:

"Your digital boarding passes are ready, get them in the app now

Using the app will improve your experience, but if you don’t have a smartphone or cannot access the app, print this page and bring it with you to the terminal."

If I have the Xpress pass on my app, why do I need it printed out? And if I have it on my app and not printed out, that inadvertently means I need additional forms? Or is this yet another example of the IT/website messed up again?

Silly question do they give you a boarding time like RCI

When we boarded in June we had a printed version which we kept with our passport. We showed the paper version and the guy said thank goodness a paper pass - he was having a lot of trouble reading screens with a lot of reflections from the nearby windows!  
Just use whatever is convenient for you. I found it easier with paper rather than coping with the phone, which I was afraid of dropping while coping with my carry on, handbag etc. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

Don't even consider printing out the entire guest ticket booklet -- it is pages long.  If it makes you feel better than download it onto a laptop.

We  down load it.. and  print out the pass and any other important info..usually around 5 pages max..

Digital is great when it works!

Once at TPA airport..a system outage caused those trying to board without a printed pass needing to return to the airline desk to  get printed ones..delayed the flight!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I also either take a screen shot and save in photos or add to the wallet on my iPhone.   

One time we were boarding the Summit and I got to the terminal and I couldn't get the app to come up to display my Xpress Pass.    Had a paper copy I had to dig out.   Turns out we had been on the Summit before and the terminal was close enough to the ship so my phone connected to the ships wifi but since I didn't have a wifi package setup for some reason wouldn't let me on internet to access the app.

5 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

They'll get one for you if you arrive without a phone or printout, its a waste a paper and ink to print one out as a backup

We arrived at the pier in Hong Kong to board Millie. Either I did not print out our express passes or forgot them at home. I just gave staff my name and passport. We were onboard in mins.

Edited by bigbenboys
spelling
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 8/12/2023 at 4:09 PM, jelayne said:

I take a screen shot of the Xpress page.  But I also print a copy.  I just find it easier to stick  the printed pass in my passport which frees my other hand for handling carry ons.  

Curious how you printed the Xpress Pass. I was able to take the screen shot and email it as attachment to my email account, but not able to print it from laptop. Was able to print luggage tags and documents from my Celebrity account, but found no mention of Xpress Pass. Had received an email from Celebrity telling me to print it. Thanks.

I plan to use the digital pass from the app but printed a copy to have in my documents folder as a backup.  I also keep our travel insurance, parking details, etc. in there, just in case. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, travelbuds said:

Curious how you printed the Xpress Pass. I was able to take the screen shot and email it as attachment to my email account, but not able to print it from laptop. Was able to print luggage tags and documents from my Celebrity account, but found no mention of Xpress Pass. Had received an email from Celebrity telling me to print it. Thanks.

Are you not able to print an email?

Edited by jennmaybe
  • Thanks 1

We printed it “just in case”

But my wife saved it on her phone to the wallet, in case of connection issues.

Thats what we used to check in. Super Easy.

• Thanks 1