Removal of E+perk

GIGGLER

16 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

No it’s not

Correct, free specialty coffee is not a Royal Caribbean perk, unless you are talking about the coffee machines in the Diamond or Suite lounges.  They use to offer specialty coffee on ships without a Diamond Lounge with meals in the MDR but do not know if that is still being done (we''ve only sailed on Oasis and Quantum class in Suites). 

39 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Correct, free specialty coffee is not a Royal Caribbean perk, unless you are talking about the coffee machines in the Diamond or Suite lounges.  They use to offer specialty coffee on ships without a Diamond Lounge with meals in the MDR but do not know if that is still being done (we''ve only sailed on Oasis and Quantum class in Suites). 

We were on a RC TA once when the machine in the diamond lounge broke beyond on-board repairability so for the rest of the cruise we could order our specialty coffees at any of the other venues. Very nice way to handle what could have been a problem. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

The fancy espresso based coffee machines are still in the Diamond lounges. We disembarked the Odyssey of the Seas and utilized the machine several times a day. It makes all types of espresso based coffee drinks and also has decaf beans loaded as well. 

20 hours ago, mrgabriel said:

We're E+ but didn't have coffee on embarkation day on Silhouette in May. However - we did hang around in CeB until 9:30 on disembarkation day and were charged for our coffees. I was surprised but guessing the perk isn't available on embarkation and disembarkation day?

I was told by a crew member that everything closes at 9:00 AM, as we were onboard Beyond this past May.  He knew that I was elite+, so there was no confusion at all.  The same was reiterated at Cafe al Bacio...9:00 AM!  I specifically asked because usually we are off the ship way before this.  My next cruise isn’t until December, so who knows what’s in store for us then...TBD.

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Lastdance said:

I was told by a crew member that everything closes at 9:00 AM, as we were onboard Beyond this past May.  He knew that I was elite+, so there was no confusion at all.  The same was reiterated at Cafe al Bacio...9:00 AM!  I specifically asked because usually we are off the ship way before this.  My next cruise isn’t until December, so who knows what’s in store for us then...TBD.

That makes perfect sense. At some specified time there has to be a cutoff for the previous cruise onboard accounts. 

3 hours ago, kwokpot said:

That makes perfect sense. At some specified time there has to be a cutoff for the previous cruise onboard accounts. 

2 hours ago, mrgabriel said:

@Lastdance That's good to know. I was aware that the drinks package was shut down early the final morning. We don't usually hang around after 9:00 so this was the first time we had encountered this. 

I sure hope this is still correct information, but with all the changes, misconceptions, wrong information etc…it is difficult to stay current.

• Like 1

Just now, Lastdance said:

I sure hope this is still correct information, but with all the changes, misconceptions, wrong information etc…it is difficult to stay current.

As I said on this thread I disembarked the Apex on July 19 and had no problems getting the Elite+ coffee benefit at Al Bacio on embarkation day. 

3 hours ago, kwokpot said:

Except that mrgabriel stated they were charged for their coffees on Silhouette at 9:30 am on disembarkation morning.  So the Elite Plus perk had “expired” but the onboard account was still accepting charges.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, helen haywood said:

Except that mrgabriel stated they were charged for their coffees on Silhouette at 9:30 am on disembarkation morning.  So the Elite Plus perk had “expired” but the onboard account was still accepting charges.

Yes it will, until room attendants have checked minibars….

5 hours ago, Miaminice said:

Regardless of what glitch happened on the ship the perk is still there and - unlike the happy hour - not excluded on embarkation day.

image.thumb.png.d41eb55fe9e4a0781782211b2e7a9ffa.png

Yes thank you.  Sometimes it is just a glitch or mistake by a ship's crewmember, maybe not understanding the rules.  Then it takes on a life of its own here on CC.  Not a surprise as folks here have a heightened awareness and maybe expectation of takeaways.  Celebrity's actions (and inactions -like lack of communication and transparency of changes) have caused this situation and angst amongst its loyal guests.

On our current cruises booked with Celebrity we have the AI and usually upgrade to Premium, so the Elite + perk is always included.  Now that they charge $20pp to upgrade + the 2nd person in the stateroom also, the upgrade basically costs $40 for the both of us.  I don't think we will be upgrading anymore.

I hope this change in the availability of the Elite Plus complimentary coffees was just a training/understanding issue on the OP’s ship (except OP spoke to management who said it had been changed.)  However, the fact that it is still listed as a perk on Celebrity’s website does not fill me with confidence.  When X changed the allowance of two wine bottles per person back to one per person the website took a while to catch up to the change.

3 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

I guess one way to find out for sure would be to email the head of Captains Club Andrea Shey ashey@celebrity.com

If this turns out to be true I believe it’s by ship.  I’ve been on most of X’s ships since the restart and all can do things a bit differently.  I’m happy that the X’s social media team dove into the details.  Perhaps if there was a disconnect it’s now fixed and if it isn’t, someone can show the crew the screenshot

Edited by NutsAboutGolf

Hi everyone,

Thank-you to all the posters helping me with this issue. I got a reply from Vivian the loyalty manager and she confirmed that we still have this perk. She is also  following up with the ship as so many including supervisors gave me the same information.

On 8/16/2023 at 8:18 AM, helen haywood said:

I hope this change in the availability of the Elite Plus complimentary coffees was just a training/understanding issue on the OP’s ship (except OP spoke to management who said it had been changed.)  However, the fact that it is still listed as a perk on Celebrity’s website does not fill me with confidence.  When X changed the allowance of two wine bottles per person back to one per person the website took a while to catch up to the change.

I think the best person to ask would have been the Captains Club rep.  In all due respect to the many officers I would not expect them to knowledgeable of the multitude of Captains Club perks for the various levels of members. 

8 minutes ago, jelayne said:

I think the best person to ask would have been the Captains Club rep.  In all due respect to the many officers I would not expect them to knowledgeable of the multitude of Captains Club perks for the various levels of members. 

Now that the OP followed up by stating the crew including supervisors are claiming it’s a new rule, sounds to me like the bean counters on board went rogue by creating a new rule. Therefore it may take a call from corporate to reverse.  With that being said, what a stupid rule, how much will they save, $100 average or a max of $300?  It isn’t like it’s a sea day morning

2 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Now that the OP followed up by stating the crew including supervisors are claiming it’s a new rule, sounds to me like the bean counters on board went rogue by creating a new rule. Therefore it may take a call from corporate to reverse.  With that being said, what a stupid rule, how much will they save, $100 average or a max of $300?  It isn’t like it’s a sea day morning

That was kind of my point.  If they don’t know maybe they make up something.  With as many changes and take always “ it’s a new rule is a good guess”. 

2 hours ago, jelayne said:

That was kind of my point.  If they don’t know maybe they make up something.  With as many changes and take always “ it’s a new rule is a good guess”. 

We were on the first cruise (equinox) RS after the Retreat with Luminae concept had been introduced, some years ago now. Staff were making up the rules as they went along as to what was/wasn’t included…Quite simply even key members of staff like the Retreat Concierge hadn’t been updated on the ‘rules’. Initially they insisted our adult son travelling with us in a RS didn’t have a premium drinks package until we showed them our print outs and their on line information…Then we were charged in Sushi first time for all of us (concierge refunded) then second time bizarrely they charged for desserts! We also had to have gelato refunded…

I am expecting similar reports now as to what is included/not included for Sky Suites…I am expecting the usual reliable mix with one ship doing one thing and another doing its own version…

Much as I understand the notion that staff can’t remember every little Captains Club perk I wouldn’t have thought it hard to put a post it up in cafe al bachio to say E+ = free coffee and teas…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, chemmo said:

Much as I understand the notion that staff can’t remember every little Captains Club perk I wouldn’t have thought it hard to put a post it up in cafe al bachio to say E+ = free coffee and teas…

This shouldn't be necessary. Once they scan your card it should come up as in a Suite and/or Elete+ so no charge would be incurred. Same with gelato or specialty dining when it is included. 

Edited by CHEZMARYLOU
  • Like 3